How do we feel about our LB future?

Applecane

Recruit
Premium
Joined
Nov 5, 2011
Messages
1,673
Pruitt
Marcelin
Wiley
Bonner
The '26 class
The promising '27 class

We may need to work the portal for next year, no?
 
Pruitt
Marcelin
Wiley
Bonner
The '26 class
The promising '27 class

We may need to work the portal for next year, no?
Frosted Flakes Swerk GIF
 
Good.

Great competition in ‘27 with more versatility and skill sets IMO, especially with the addition of Randle and Glover. If an impact guy becomes available though in portal, all for exploring because we should always be looking to improve and bring in as much talent as possible.
 
Because there is no Spring portal..it really puts teams at a disadvantage now. Coaches are going to really regret that dumb idea of getting rid of the spring portal. Not enough time to really evaluate. Will we need a portal LB? Who knows because we wont have a chance to really give the guys we have a fair shake. And by the time we find out if we have a solid core or not...there is no portal to supplement. Kind of how Mario messed up with the OL but I doubt he makes that mistake again.

I guess I say all of that to say..you have to give guys like Bonner, Wiley, Pruitt a fair shot. We only play 2 LBs at a time anyway.
 
There won't be many chances for depth to get serious reps in the remainder of the season barring injuries to starters.

I would hope that they go and get some impact linebackers from the portal.
 
Pruitt
Marcelin
Wiley
Bonner
The '26 class
The promising '27 class

We may need to work the portal for next year, no?
A top 3 of Marcelin Bonner and Wiley with a portal. Think Marcelin was gaining significant playing time before the injury. Not sure we can expect much from Pruitt due to his lack of size minus the dime packages he’s in for
 
I appreciate Chase's career, especially what he did down the stretch but this defense is elite if we grab Biles.
Wiley looks like he can play. Don't know anything about Marcelin yet.
Give me a portal MLB.
 
A top 3 of Marcelin Bonner and Wiley with a portal. Think Marcelin was gaining significant playing time before the injury. Not sure we can expect much from Pruitt due to his lack of size minus the dime packages he’s in for
Lack of size? I think he looks every bit of 6’2” 220/225 out there, and not to say that he won’t gain another 10 pounds by next season. I’m not sure size is a concern for him.
 
A top 3 of Marcelin Bonner and Wiley with a portal. Think Marcelin was gaining significant playing time before the injury. Not sure we can expect much from Pruitt due to his lack of size minus the dime packages he’s in for
Lack of size? I think he looks every bit of 6’2” 220/225 out there, and not to say that he won’t gain another 10 pounds by next season. I’m not sure size is a concern for him.
people really just say anything on here
 
Because there is no Spring portal..it really puts teams at a disadvantage now. Coaches are going to really regret that dumb idea of getting rid of the spring portal. Not enough time to really evaluate. Will we need a portal LB? Who knows because we wont have a chance to really give the guys we have a fair shake. And by the time we find out if we have a solid core or not...there is no portal to supplement. Kind of how Mario messed up with the OL but I doubt he makes that mistake again.

I guess I say all of that to say..you have to give guys like Bonner, Wiley, Pruitt a fair shot. We only play 2 LBs at a time anyway.
Benefit of blowing teams out is getting young guys reps to see what you have.

As we progress into the later stages of the season, what these young guys do during game prep, how they handle their business, and what they do with the opportunities they earn will go a long way into deciding personnel decisions for 27.

We saw it last portal window with Cline and Merriweather at OL as well and Vaughn and Jacobs.
 
I appreciate Chase's career, especially what he did down the stretch but this defense is elite if we grab Biles.
Wiley looks like he can play. Don't know anything about Marcelin yet.
Give me a portal MLB.
Before his injury, I think Marcelin flashed more this season than Wiley did. Wiley is more of an unknown aside from his physical profile (pause?).
 
i really like Pruitt and Wiley -- can they be three-down LBs? Combine them into one player and you probably have a first round pick.
 
Back
Top