How do we catch up to the elite programs?

Advertisement
If you can't see that teams like Bama are in a completely different stratosphere than us, you're clueless
I don’t believe I said we were anywhere near Bama . What does what you said even have to do with what I said ?

For starters, get rid of Manny and bring in Mario. Mario can undoubtedly build a better staff and recruit at a higher level. Two things you need to succeed. Plus, let’s be honest, nobody respects Cleats, even his players don’t. Dude was a a video tech turned coach.
So was Erik Spro with the Heat.

Advertisement
So was Erik Spro with the Heat.

He also played collegiately. Thanks for playing. Oh, and he was hired by the Heat to help break down film, for the Heat to utilize when game planning

Diaz worked as a bum video tech for ESPN. Last time I looked they weren’t game planning at ESPN.

Advertisement
Umm Clemson also plays in our conference and they’re arguably the top program in college football. Second at worst. But they didn’t get there overnight. I know Miami fan thinks the Hurricanes are just a coaching hire away from being Clemson or Alabama but most Miami fans live in fantasy land. Clemson went from being a run of the mill ACC program to the top team in football by incrementally building their talent. They managed to string together multiple “solid” seasons. Winning 9-10 games, playing in bowl games people care about, slowly building their rep on the recruiting landscape while rebuilding their fan base.

You said this, and then you listed all the reasons why Miami and Clemson are similar, using detailed examples to demonstrate knowledge of the subject matter.

No, wait. You didn't do any of that. You made some nonsensical point, kinda-sorta related to what I posted.

You said this, and then you listed all the reasons why Miami and Clemson are similar, using detailed examples to demonstrate knowledge of the subject matter.

No, wait. You didn't do any of that. You made some nonsensical point, kinda-sorta related to what I posted.
Your excuse that Miami can never be great was that they play in the ACC. So does Clemson. Miami can do everything that Clemson has done.

1. Keep improving in the near future
2. Get your own stadium on or near the campus
3. Keep kids at home
4. With the above, will be a much more attractive job for any head coach

top 3 is really any order. This stadium deal to me is huge and I know there isn't a chance in ****. But it is hard to compete with those schools having those facilities. Not too often city schools are up there and I believe it has a lot to do with atmosphere.
2. Is physically impossible. It’s possible you’ve never been to the campus or the city of Coral Gables but if you ever go, you’ll realize that building a stadium on or near campus would be impossible. Unless you’re talking about a 20,000 seat stadium with no parking lot.

This program phucked up real bad 3 times in the last 20 years intentionally, first by slow playing butch davis, second by encouraging and allowing skelator to fire cornerstone assistant coaches, guys like soldinger, art kehoe and vernon don't come round to often, those are definitely UM culture guys and would've majorly helped to maintain the real Miami culture, and 3rd, not rehiring butch davis again, the main thing davis would've done was definitely have hired good assistant coaches and rebuild that True UM culture without the trinkets. The turnover chain when it came out was a tone setter, but you can't be a tone setter than turn corny in less than 3 years, time to switch something up.

We don't need to chase none of the teams out their, the moronic administration and many who claim to be UM fans need to stop chasing off or blocking real UM people from doing what they can do to make this program Great again. To many phaggots run the administration and the board of non-trustees at UM these days, holding stupid *** grudges as if they've been able to accomplish anything noteworthy beside the coach richt short lived era, and soft-*** flake james got on his nerves, so coach richt told him to ***** off, I'm out byyyttcchh!

Now we got ed reed here, and only rhett lashlee is using him as a resource, lol, the offensive guy, you can't make this **** up!

Advertisement
Talent is the driving force in college football and Miami just happens to be in one of the top 5 hotbeds, if not the top hotbed, for talent in the country. That’s the main reason we dominated in the 80s, 90s, and early 00s, even with some average coaches. Over the last 15 seasons, our combined record is 111-79 (.584), we’re 2-10 in bowl games, finished ranked AP top 25 only four times, and not one of those was top 10. You’d expect a team with that track record to be pulling in recruiting classes ranked 40-60 by now or even worse. Yet somehow we keep pulling in top 20 classes on an annual basis. That to me is an incredible testament to our recruiting advantage in South FL. We don’t have money, and now we haven’t won in 15 years. Some of these kids we’re recruiting now weren’t even alive 15 years ago! Yet we’re still pulling in talent.

I don’t think we’re winning national titles in the near future, but give me 3 or 4 straight 10 win seasons, 2 or 3 trips to ACC title games, 2 or 3 top 10 AP finishes, and watch us start bringing back elite talent to Miami. After we string that together for a couple years, it’s a new game. And I don’t think that takes an elite coach, just a competent one.

Last edited:
besides the Diaz hire taking 5 min. what makes him incompetent? I'm seriously asking
Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

Stop being cheap:

- Hire a competent AD
- Spend money on a good Head Coach
- Allocate more funds to the Football program
- Increase the recruiting budget

Once again, WHERE IS THIS MONEY SUPPOSED TO COME FROM? Hiring a better AD will help with fundraising(They will also get the most out of the funds we do have), but let's be honest with ourselves: we are at a significant financial disadvantage compared to larger schools. Amazing that the cheapest, least helpful fanbase in major college sports thinks that throwing money at the program will help, but they never throw money at the program, even when times are good.

I'm a huge Danny White fan, he gets the most out of every program under his watch, but he also realizes that you need financial help to compete in a college athletics world that has become a war of attrition.

Advertisement
1. Keep improving in the near future
2. Get your own stadium on or near the campus
3. Keep kids at home
4. With the above, will be a much more attractive job for any head coach

top 3 is really any order. This stadium deal to me is huge and I know there isn't a chance in ****. But it is hard to compete with those schools having those facilities. Not too often city schools are up there and I believe it has a lot to do with atmosphere.

How do I know you're a moron? You actually think that the University of Miami can build a stadium on or near campus, barring a natural disaster completely leveling South Miami, thereby making that land cheap. Let me guess, you've NEVER been to campus, EVER. To build a campus adjacent stadium worth a ****, and not an erector set stadium like UCF, Miami would need to spend hundreds of millions of dollars in just land acquisition costs, that's not even including construction. Never mind the fact that the City of Coral Gables will never allow it to happen anyway. Infrastructure costs are another thing. You ever been to Coral Gables? Apparently not.

You ever been to a basketball game at the Watsco Center? It took UMiami two decades to get that facility built, and it holds 8500 people. In fact, the facility could hold more, but the City won't allow that to happen. Now imagine a facility that is at least 6-7 times larger. Exactly. Do your **** research before flapping your gums.

How do I know you're a moron? You actually think that the University of Miami can build a stadium on or near campus, barring a natural disaster completely leveling South Miami, thereby making that land cheap. Let me guess, you've NEVER been to campus, EVER. To build a campus adjacent stadium worth a ****, and not an erector set stadium like UCF, Miami would need to spend hundreds of millions of dollars in just land acquisition costs, that's not even including construction. Never mind the fact that the City of Coral Gables will never allow it to happen anyway. Infrastructure costs are another thing. You ever been to Coral Gables? Apparently not.

You ever been to a basketball game at the Watsco Center? It took UMiami two decades to get that facility built, and it holds 8500 people. In fact, the facility could hold more, but the City won't allow that to happen. Now imagine a facility that is at least 6-7 times larger. Exactly. Do your **** research before flapping your gums.
I may be a moron but since you can't read all that well it makes you a little lower than that. I take it you need help feeding yourself.

This stadium deal to me is huge and I know there isn't a chance in ****. But it is hard to compete with those schools having those facilities. Not too often city schools are up there and I believe it has a lot to do with atmosphere.

Too bad there isn't a microphone playback on this site so I can read the above to you out loud (I am all about helping others even those who like to insult). It was how can we? I gave my opinion and within that said it couldn't or wouldn't happen, and that is all. I was born and raised in Miami to include a nice seat at the 1983 orange bowl and based on your comments you were not born yet because that was a little hot headed and not so mature from you. See, I am a little older and more mature so I am not calling you an *** clown.

Never been to a basketball game in Miami. Did bang a hot chick from Gables back in the day...I miss her. Been to the campus plenty, but it has been a few years though but my daughter participating in their soccer camp was the last time.

Again, I said it wouldn't happen and to me that will hinder our chances because when these kids visit college towns with on campus stadiums, with the opportunity to be the big man on campus, it puts us in a recruiting hole. If I am a moron for this view I guess I accept that.

It starts with administration.

They're content with us being a Duke or Northwestern instead of a Clemson or Bama.

I don't think UM ever planned for its football team to be so good, we just happened to be located in the middle of all the football talent.

We literally struck bitcoin with Sam Jankovich, who was instrumental in at least 3 if not 4 of our NC's. Sam was a former player and a successful head coach, so he actually knew football, which is unfortunately unique among our AD's.

Sadly, the university Presidents from Henry King Stanford to Julio Frenk couldnt give a **** about football, and Donna stacked the BOT with "Harvard of the South" and "SJW" types. Thats how we ended up with BJ (most of the talent in the AD literally left after he was hired) and Strawley running football.

To be fair though, there are BOT members that covet success in our sports, and little by little they are gaining more influence.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back