How do we catch up to the elite programs?

Mackmiller974

All ACC
Alabama just lost its OC and OL coach and it hires two NFL HCs... Were hiring a first time position coach as CB coach and our HC is calling plays. Clemson OC and DC constantly turns down NFL Coordinators job and Power 5 HC Gigs. You pair that with a Top 5 Class every year and it just seems impossible to reach that level..

The only way I see that happening is if you strike Gold with a Young Saban or Dabo type of HC. But even if you have that you need AD, Structure,Money and Support behind that. Will we even have that if we get a young elite HC? Would he even stay at Miami like Dabo or go elsewhere?

Advertisement
Alabama just lost its OC and OL coach and it hires two NFL HCs... Were hiring a first time position coach as CB coach and our HC is calling plays. Clemson OC and DC constantly turns down NFL Coordinators job and Power 5 HC Gigs. You pair that with a Top 5 Class every year and it just seems impossible to reach that level..

The only way I see that happening is if you strike Gold with a Young Saban or Dabo type of HC. But even if you have that you need AD, Structure,Money and Support behind that. Will we even have that if we get a young elite HC? Would he even stay at Miami like Dabo or go elsewhere?
Get a luck shot great QB at the right time, flash in the pan type deal, and get it rolling from there.
That's wat happened with Clemson.
They were good, but when Deshaun showed up they rose above, then it just started rolling from there. Started pulling great recruiting classes and a bunch of top notch QBs and let the cream rise.

Advertisement

Go back in a time portal....

Advertisement
I'm not convinced Miami WANTS to catch up.

It's not a question of knowing what to do, it's a question of being unwilling to do what it takes.

They know how to build a winner. It's not hard. ****, Miami has won before. It's that they're happy being middle of the pack and not willing to commit to winning in any meaningful way.

If you're TRYING to win, you don't hire Blake James the ticket salesman to run your athletic department. You don't hire a green head coach and have half your football staff be first-time on the job. And I mean that's just the tip of the iceberg.

There's a mountain of evidence that shows Miami is perfectly happy being an average ACC Coastal team, and they have no strong desire to make any meaningful effort to improve.

We dont need NFL staff we need a competent one. If that ever happens we can be a contender.
That ship sailed, man. Richt was competent at UGA. Same record as Smart. Came here and the wheels fell off the wagon. Fact is, we DO need an elite coach to get this program even back to respectable and we don't have the budget or dedication.

Get a luck shot great QB at the right time, flash in the pan type deal, and get it rolling from there.
That's wat happened with Clemson.
They were good, but when Deshaun showed up they rose above, then it just started rolling from there. Started pulling great recruiting classes and a bunch of top notch QBs and let the cream rise.
Having King for 2 years may have been the blessing we have been waiting for.

Advertisement
It starts with administration.

They're content with us being a Duke or Northwestern instead of a Clemson or Bama.

I don't think UM ever planned for its football team to be so good, we just happened to be located in the middle of all the football talent.

Advertisement
I'm not convinced Miami WANTS to catch up.

It's not a question of knowing what to do, it's a question of being unwilling to do what it takes.

They know how to build a winner. It's not hard. ****, Miami has won before. It's that they're happy being middle of the pack and not willing to commit to winning in any meaningful way.

If you're TRYING to win, you don't hire Blake James the ticket salesman to run your athletic department. You don't hire a green head coach and have half your football staff be first-time on the job. And I mean that's just the tip of the iceberg.

There's a mountain of evidence that shows Miami is perfectly happy being an average ACC Coastal team, and they have no strong desire to make any meaningful effort to improve.

Definitely wanna listen to THIS guy

im too sexy right said fred GIF

Advertisement
Back