How did Florida end up having a better class than us?

Hey look at that, they recruited CBs! I wish Al and Dorito would learn from them. 1 CB recruit over the past 2 recruiting cycles? Thats Randy Shannonesque right there.

Mayes and Corn aren't cbs?

Pretty sure Mayes will be a safety. I've seen some say he is almost 6'3...and still growing.
Corn is a RB/Slot WR that was moved to CB due to depth issues.

So that leaves us with 1 true CB in Artie - with Gunter and most likely Howard gone after next year.

Advertisement
I have no complaints. The year sucked, we had cook/lane clown us, and things looked bleaked. Then we flip like 6 kids to close. WeR class could be better but we had a good class last year and need to develop those kids and we should be fine. Roper is the important signee this year on offense

Last edited:
Hey look at that, they recruited CBs! I wish Al and Dorito would learn from them. 1 CB recruit over the past 2 recruiting cycles? Thats Randy Shannonesque right there.

Mayes and Corn aren't cbs?

Pretty sure Mayes will be a safety. I've seen some say he is almost 6'3...and still growing.
Corn is a RB/Slot WR that was moved to CB due to depth issues.

So that leaves us with 1 true CB in Artie - with Gunter and most likely Howard gone after next year.

Still cbs now and players switch positions at school all the time. THey recruited cbs and they won some but lost some

Their program is better than ours right now. Product on the field is one thing, having a solid and well-funded support infrastructure is a different matter.

Selling hopes...and doing a **** good job of it...

Look, the offense is pathetic and will remain as such. Willie is a defensive guy and can sell that. Offense not so much and why he lost Cook and Lane...oh, and Harris will never play QB at UF. That boy will be a db....

Willis, Clark, Holley at DT

Grier and Harris at QB

The only spots we outdid them were RB and WR.

4-8 season and they lose Lane and Cook, and still have a better class than us. God**** it's depressing.

Harris will play qb under roper. He will be #2 next year, book it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because they're an actual real life division one program with a commitment to win and the resources to make it happen.

most likely Howard gone after next year.

He's 5'11 (maybe), small'ish & runs a very slow 40.. Good ball player but not a candidate to leave early.

what....he is one of if not the best player on our D...he will be looking to scoot for sure most corners do if they have great Junior years..I would hope and think he stays but he is a NFL corner in the future

They have a better OL group than KC Trevor and Linder?

They have Sharpe, Kelleher, Harkless, Dorsey, Mike, and Sarvary. Sharpe is supposed to be **** good, the other guys are well regarded, Sarvary is supposed to be a quality JUCO. Their oline class is bigger, and counting this year we've only signed 8 guys in the last 3 years, so there class matches on ability and beats on depth.

Stop, Sharpe is 2nd or 3rd on the list depending on how you look at TD but other then number of players they dont touch ours

It's debatable between McDermott and Sharpe, but 2 of the top 3 belong to Miami. That's great, but UF's class has depth where our class does not. But either way, their overall class outpaces ours, which blows my ******* mind as Muschamp is a dead man walking.

Muschump closed, and homeschooled our staff. LOL! One discussion with Powell and he bolts to them.

Advertisement
Muschump closed, and homeschooled our staff. LOL! One discussion with Powell and he bolts to them.

Powell always wanted to be there................... We did the same thing with Corn Elder when Meyer and Mora to name a few wanted him and Derrick Griffin last year. If a kid really wants to be at a certain school all you have to do is offer him

Tracy is 6 ft and doesnt have a blazing 40 but plays the cb position well. He has a better chance to leave early then you give him

He is listed at 5-11 on every site (including the official roster). More than likely he's probably closer to 5-10 than 6 foot... (yes it matters) Not knocking the kid. Probably my favorite Cane outside of DJ... but I just don't think he has the natural size, speed & athleticism to be leaving early. Great ball skills. Needs to work on combine numbers.

He's 5'11 (maybe), small'ish & runs a very slow 40.. Good ball player but not a candidate to leave early.

what....he is one of if not the best player on our D...he will be looking to scoot for sure most corners do if they have great Junior years..I would hope and think he stays but he is a NFL corner in the future

Wasn't meaning it as disrespect. Just speaking from a combine/scout perspective. Love the kid.

Advertisement
Tracy is 6 ft and doesnt have a blazing 40 but plays the cb position well. He has a better chance to leave early then you give him

He is listed at 5-11 on every site (including the official roster). More than likely he's probably closer to 5-10 than 6 foot... (yes it matters) Not knocking the kid. Probably my favorite Cane outside of DJ... but I just don't think he has the natural size, speed & athleticism to be leaving early. Great ball skills. Needs to work on combine numbers.

Ive been around him a couple times before and im 6'1 1/2 and he's at my nose. Maybe im wrong but I think that's 6'0 if not a true 5-11 but not 5-10. The rest I can agree with but I think as a player he will have a great chance to leave early because a great NFL staff will see what we see for the most part

the only area that have us in is CB's which thats there money spot. our class is solid all around and provide depth with a bunch of sleepers and talented prospects.

Advertisement
Back