How did Florida end up having a better class than us?

Classes were pretty much even. Not much separating either class. There are a few elite classes every year and then the next tier below that. We are in that next tier along with Florida.

Advertisement
the biggest threat to miami in recruiting is not fsu but the sec. recruits care about the sec. it's the biggest brand name in college football. it wins almost every title. it sends the most players to the NFL.

that's why you can go 4-8 in one season and still have a top 10 recruiting class.

Classes were pretty much even. Not much separating either class. There are a few elite classes every year and then the next tier below that. We are in that next tier along with Florida.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ also this

They have a better OL group than KC Trevor and Linder?

They have Sharpe, Kelleher, Harkless, Dorsey, Mike, and Sarvary. Sharpe is supposed to be **** good, the other guys are well regarded, Sarvary is supposed to be a quality JUCO. Their oline class is bigger, and counting this year we've only signed 8 guys in the last 3 years, so there class matches on ability and beats on depth.

Advertisement
They have a better OL group than KC Trevor and Linder?

They have Sharpe, Kelleher, Harkless, Dorsey, Mike, and Sarvary. Sharpe is supposed to be **** good, the other guys are well regarded, Sarvary is supposed to be a quality JUCO. Their oline class is bigger, and counting this year we've only signed 8 guys in the last 3 years, so there class matches on ability and beats on depth.

Stop, Sharpe is 2nd or 3rd on the list depending on how you look at TD but other then number of players they dont touch ours

Better fanbase/facilities/coaching staff/student body. SEC. Sold out stadium. (on campus) Recent success.

Take your pick.

Better fanbase/facilities/coaching staff/student body. SEC. Sold out stadium. (on campus) Recent success.

Take your pick.

Sold out stadium? I saw quite a few games last year at the Swamp where there were quite a few people dressed up like empty seats.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This happens all the time. A school (usually a name-brand) stinks it up during the season and then signs a strong class with some major pulls. We did it in 08 with the "No. 1 best class ever" coming off of a crappy season. It seems to be a combination of factors including potential for playing time (team sucked and you're a stud = come in and help us immediately) and being a part of the turn-around (you can be the guys to get us back on top).

Why does this still surprise some people?

Sold out stadium? I saw quite a few games last year at the Swamp where there were quite a few people dressed up like empty seats.

If you go back over the last 20 years, I'd say more games than not have been sold out.

Do that with our program, well.... you might need to use your second hand.

Advertisement
Selling hopes...and doing a **** good job of it...

Look, the offense is pathetic and will remain as such. Willie is a defensive guy and can sell that. Offense not so much and why he lost Cook and Lane...oh, and Harris will never play QB at UF. That boy will be a db....

Willis, Clark, Holley at DT

Grier and Harris at QB

The only spots we outdid them were RB and WR.

4-8 season and they lose Lane and Cook, and still have a better class than us. God**** it's depressing.

THis will be interesting. Dieondre Porter starts as a cb for UF so let me ask this where will JC start? YOu got Duke Dawson, Porter, Jalen Tabor and I been saying for a while JC will at least get looks at wr

Advertisement
Back