How are they going to keep this monster off the field?

Does Bethel look considerably bigger than Djax here?

Trying to say that Djax couldn't move to DT because of his size is a bit strange.

DFCfVWaW0AApqQ6.jpg

Advertisement
Red Shirt this young man and let him develop we plenty of talent ahead of him.

For that matter there are quite a few kids in the 2017 class I would like to see take a redshirt year, to develop long term quality depth.

Go Canes
And there's the buffoonery from Parrotnose. You're not getting 5 years out of a guy like Garvin, so get all you can out of him while he's here.

I'm with you all the way, Lu. I think Garvin is an even better prospect than Jackson for the simple reason that he's almost 2 years younger at the time both enrolled at UM. That can make an enormous difference in physical development.

He's going to be one of those guys who jumps off the screen at you during garbage time like some of our past greats did. I remember watching Winslow very early and seeing him abuse scrubs.

Advertisement
DJ Johnson was arguably the most coveted DE recruit in the country last year, and I liked Garvin's highlights better. Those two will not be denied. We're going to see a hockey-like rotation on the defensive line, and Manny's going to demand that the players increase their production with fewer snaps. No one will ever take a play off. Add in the Bermuda triangle, and our front seven will be ridiculous.

Does Bethel look considerably bigger than Djax here?

Trying to say that Djax couldn't move to DT because of his size is a bit strange.

DFCfVWaW0AApqQ6.jpg

DJax reminds me of McDougle in his physical makeup. Heavy lower body, thick legs, but not huge up top.

Djax could hold his own inside if need be:

[TWEET]881684701068627970 [/TWEET]

Advertisement
LOL imagine them putting Thomas, Joe Jackson, Harris, DJ or Garvin on the field on passing downs?

#Rape

There's little reason for Norton and McIntosh being on the field on 3rd and long.

2007 Giants won the super bowl because their staff used Strahan, Umenyiora, Tuck, Kiwanuka to get after Tom Brady.

We have a million DEs...use them

I don't know, a couple massive DT throwing guards back on the QB lap is old Cane defense. Collapsing the middle of the pocket make QB hunting easy for DEs -- who did Stubbs have playing inside him?

If people look at that video and fail to realize how important Norton is to what we do in many situations, I'm not sure what to say. Dude is a f'in boss. Mcintosh has more flash and exceptional in his own way, but Norton is an O-Coordinator's play calling nightmare.

Because once your offense is facing 3rd and 2-3 against us, you might have a serious problem. So, then, what do you call on 2nd 4-6? More passes than necessary or ordinary. Which means more predictability and potential 3rd and longs (after incompletes) for our defense. Which, then, means our star DEs and Mcintosh feast more often.

The chess game behind football is ******* beautiful. Kendrick Norton is our critical piece.

Last edited:
Red Shirt this young man and let him develop we plenty of talent ahead of him.

For that matter there are quite a few kids in the 2017 class I would like to see take a redshirt year, to develop long term quality depth.

Go Canes
And there's the buffoonery from Parrotnose. You're not getting 5 years out of a guy like Garvin, so get all you can out of him while he's here.

Yeap. If kid is good, you can redshirt him and have him play for two years or play him for three, period. Heck, coaching don't have the life expectancy to red shirt kids.

If people look at that video and fail to realize how important Norton is to what we do in many situations, I'm not sure what to say. Dude is a f'in boss. Mcintosh has more flash and exceptional in his own way, but Norton is an O-Coordinator's play calling nightmare.

Because once your offense is facing 3rd and 2-3 against us, you might have a serious problem. So, then, what do you call on 2nd 4-6? More passes than necessary or ordinary. Which means more predictability and potential 3rd and longs (after incompletes) for our defense. Which, then, means our star DEs and Mcintosh feast more often.

The chess game behind football is ****ing beautiful. Kendrick Norton is critical piece.

Old Cane DTs always pushed the line of scrimmage back into the backfield. It is hard to imagine a bigger advantage, especially when the area they vacated is then patrolled by lions hunting meat on whatever little screen of quick slant you try to slow it down.

Advertisement

The chess game behind football is ****ing beautiful. Kendrick Norton is critical piece.

Old Cane DTs always pushed the line of scrimmage back into the backfield. It is hard to imagine a bigger advantage, especially when the area they vacated is then patrolled by lions hunting meat on whatever little screen of quick slant you try to slow it down.

This is the conversation that simultaneously (1) gets me excited for this season and (2) makes me wonder who follows in Norton's footsteps next year or the year after.

This is the conversation that simultaneously (1) gets me excited for this season and (2) makes me wonder who follows in Norton's footsteps next year or the year after.

(1) Absolutely
(2) See the dozens of posts/threads I've created out of concern. Mostly told not to worry, but ya know. We're pinning our hopes on Jon Ford, a JuCo or Grad Transfer. Coaches have earned the right to be trusted given Colbert and Delaney so far, though.

Nesta Silvera is one possible replacement for Ken Norton.

McIntosh and Willis in 2018 would be nice.

Advertisement

(1) Absolutely
(2) See the dozens of posts/threads I've created out of concern. Mostly told not to worry, but ya know. We're pinning our hopes on Jon Ford, a JuCo or Grad Transfer. Coaches have earned the right to be trusted given Colbert and Delaney so far, though.

Colbert, Delaney, Marquez Williams

But they struck out on Tyshon Dye, and seemed intent on adding a grad transfer RB and it never materialized. Dangerous game to play.

Nesta Silvera is one possible replacement for Ken Norton.

McIntosh and Willis in 2018 would be nice.
Nesta seems like he's going to be a good 1-Tech prospect. He'll also be a non-EE True Freshman. So unless he's Dexter Lawrence, I worry a bit about making him the critical piece of our front.

Agree Mcintosh and Willis would be a nice duo. Our most reasonable bet is probably to hope Jon Ford becomes what Ken Norton was for us last season.

(1) Absolutely

Colbert, Delaney, Marquez Williams

But they struck out on Tyshon Dye, and seemed intent on adding a grad transfer RB and it never materialized. Dangerous game to play.

No running back on their last year of eligibility is lining up to be 3rd string at best when they already were a backup at the school they were transferring from. It was confusing move that right did that tbh.

Advertisement
Back