How Al Golden can win back this fan base

Me and Ringzino. He's just a little happier than me and a little more stoned-looking. Otherwise, we're on the same page.

Advertisement
Look, I know this isn't going to happen. Coaches don't just change from a 3-4 to a 4-3 overnight unless they're Jeremy Pruitt last year at FSU and have the slightest clue as to what they're doing.

It doesn't have to be about changing schemes. It could be as easy as "disguising" your looks pre-snap to confuse the QB into audibling into a bad play. They are making it way to easy for any QB to run their offense. Bring up a safety. Bring up an LB or 2 and gap blitz.
You have a secondary now that you should be able to trust.

Winning the Coastal is a start. (But prob not happening at this point)

Talking more short-term here. It's gotten to the point where I don't want us to win if we're going to keep doing the same things on defense.

The problem is not doing the same things on defense. It's doing the same things on defense with the guys he currently has.. It won't work. He needs to adjust and scheme around the weaknesses.
But make no mistake, if had at least a bonafide disrupter at DT and a stude DE (Chad could be it, but to early to expect it ) than this scheme would be unpenetrable.

It's like he's chosen to run this defense to the ground until he gets those players results be damned.

attachment.php

10 on 11's not good

How many players do the Corn****ers have in that screen shot? Come on, people, use your brains.

Win and don't spew BS at us. We aren't stupid and fooled. Actually change things.

He can win the fan base by doing one thing.

Just Win Baby.

I disagree. I don't want us to win another game if we're going to keep playing this homosexual brand of football.

Lulz. Come on, man. I hated Dennis' one back offense, too, but the dude won with it. Winning is the ultimate goal, yeah?

Dennis won two national championships because he maximized the talent we had at WR and TE. The **** has Golden ever done? We will never win anything of substance running this garbage defense.

Advertisement
Talking more short-term here. It's gotten to the point where I don't want us to win if we're going to keep doing the same things on defense.

The problem is not doing the same things on defense. It's doing the same things on defense with the guys he currently has.. It won't work. He needs to adjust and scheme around the weaknesses.
But make no mistake, if had at least a bonafide disrupter at DT and a stude DE (Chad could be it, but to early to expect it ) than this scheme would be unpenetrable.

It's like he's chosen to run this defense to the ground until he gets those players results be damned.

attachment.php

10 on 11's not good

How many players do the Corn****ers have in that screen shot? Come on, people, use your brains.

wait, what??

I don't think he can do anything to win me back at this point. His time was this off-season where he could've admitted that defense was broke, fired Dorito and fixed things.

Instead he tried to get the PSU job and kept his butt buddy claiming all we needed was depth.

Advertisement

Just Win Baby.

I disagree. I don't want us to win another game if we're going to keep playing this homosexual brand of football.

Lulz. Come on, man. I hated Dennis' one back offense, too, but the dude won with it. Winning is the ultimate goal, yeah?

Dennis won two national championships because he maximized the talent we had at WR and TE. The **** has Golden ever done? We will never win anything of substance running this garbage defense.

AG hasn't won, which is why we're all bytching. Dennis won. AG hasn't. You say you don't want us to win if we're going to keep playing this kind of defense. That POV makes no sense, because winning is the goal. Amiright?

attachment.php

10 on 11's not good

wait, what??

Only 10 Corn****ers, too. There's more than likely a WR and DB out of the screen shot at the bottom.

Just Win Baby.

AG hasn't won, which is why we're all bytching. Dennis won. AG hasn't. You say you don't want us to win if we're going to keep playing this kind of defense. That POV makes no sense, because winning is the goal. Amiright?

Winning championships, yes. Something we will clearly never accomplish unless something radical occurs. So basically, I hope we lose every game left on the schedule since I'm 100% certain Golden has no desire to alter anything. Let's go Duke.

Advertisement

Winning championships, yes. Something we will clearly never accomplish unless something radical occurs. So basically, I hope we lose every game left on the schedule since I'm 100% certain Golden has no desire to alter anything. Let's go Duke.

SMH. You don't get it. Carry on.

For some unholy and completely irrational reason Golden has decided to employ the gayest 3-4 defense any of us have ever seen. Failing again and again without any willingness to adapt or adjust his approach is a big reason why we all hate his guts. He's a certified moron and a neanderthal so this is beyond wishful thinking but a return to the 4-3 he ran in 2011 could be what saves this season and his yob. Something much more similar to what Shannon used to run, where we'd actually bring a 5th DB into the game from time to time. No more of the 6 men in the box with a linebacker lined up over a WR that we keep seeing when teams spread us out. If he would just concede that this little idea of his will never work I think he could win some folks back.

DE McCord - Harris
DT Pierre - Kamalu
DT Heurtelou - Jenkins
DE Chickillo - Thomas

SLB Armbrister - Owens
MLB Perryman - Young
WLB Kirby - Grace

They have ideal personnel for the 4-3 Under Cover 1.

These jackasses spent so much time worried about being beat deep that they don't bother to teach man2man and thus our secondary is clueless.

It'll NEVER happen though.

wait, what??

Only 10 Corn****ers, too. There's more than likely a WR and DB out of the screen shot at the bottom.
They were doing that the whole game, lining up a guy all the way out past the #'s and almost on the sideline.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back