How Al Golden can win back this fan base

rok

Great Poster
For some unholy and completely irrational reason Golden has decided to employ the gayest 3-4 defense any of us have ever seen. Failing again and again without any willingness to adapt or adjust his approach is a big reason why we all hate his guts. He's a certified moron and a neanderthal so this is beyond wishful thinking but a return to the 4-3 he ran in 2011 could be what saves this season and his yob. Something much more similar to what Shannon used to run, where we'd actually bring a 5th DB into the game from time to time. No more of the 6 men in the box with a linebacker lined up over a WR that we keep seeing when teams spread us out. If he would just concede that this little idea of his will never work I think he could win some folks back.

DE McCord - Harris
DT Pierre - Kamalu
DT Heurtelou - Jenkins
DE Chickillo - Thomas

SLB Armbrister - Owens
MLB Perryman - Young
WLB Kirby - Grace

Advertisement
Winning the Coastal is a start. (But prob not happening at this point)

Talking more short-term here. It's gotten to the point where I don't want us to win if we're going to keep doing the same things on defense.

Advertisement

this team has an outside shot of going 7-5 and mathematically still in the hunt becasue the Coastal might be the worst I've ever seen it(I never thought that would be possible to state). Having said that he'd still get pasted in the ACC CCG and should be fired for finishing 2 games less than last season in year 4 of this "rebuilding" process.

Advertisement

Talking more short-term here. It's gotten to the point where I don't want us to win if we're going to keep doing the same things on defense.

That's a strange thing to say. But, I know what you mean. Problem is if we keep doing the same things on defense, we will never beat a good team.

That's a strange thing to say. But, I know what you mean. Problem is if we keep doing the same things on defense, we will never beat a good team.

No, we won't. Anyone can see that and that's what's so frustrating. If he showed ANY desire to adapt I wouldn't want to see his eyes torn out of their sockets by flaming packs of ravenous demon-dogs. I'd just accept that he's a ****** coach and carry on living my life. But he's just so smug about it. Calling out the fans doesn't help.

Advertisement
4-3 Cover 2

These guys have been playing it since kindergarten. They wouldn't even have to practice and they would hold Duke under 200 yards.

seppuku-o.gif

Advertisement
This should be what the players receive when they begin preparations for Duke. One page.

cover2diagram_Full_thumb.jpg

Advertisement
Back