How Al Golden can win back this fan base

Winning the Coastal is a start. (But prob not happening at this point)

Talking more short-term here. It's gotten to the point where I don't want us to win if we're going to keep doing the same things on defense.

Rok - there ain't no short-term here. He's an idiot.

He's used up all his goodwill.

If he quietly moved to NJ, and we never saw or heard from him again, he could win back some respect for me.

By cashing UM checks for this ongoing sihtshow, that's just dishonest.

Advertisement
We'll know on our first defensive series if they are as clueless as they seem. I agree that it's smart to give the kids off today, the coaches need the time to implement a new D. Anyone who has played football gets it, so you wonder what the defensive assistants are thinking. It's wacky.

Advertisement

Talking more short-term here. It's gotten to the point where I don't want us to win if we're going to keep doing the same things on defense.

The problem is not doing the same things on defense. It's doing the same things on defense with the guys he currently has.. It won't work. He needs to adjust and scheme around the weaknesses.
But make no mistake, if had at least a bonafide disrupter at DT and a stude DE (Chad could be it, but to early to expect it ) than this scheme would be unpenetrable.

It's like he's chosen to run this defense to the ground until he gets those players results be damned.

The problem is not doing the same things on defense. It's doing the same things on defense with the guys he currently has.. It won't work. He needs to adjust and scheme around the weaknesses.
But make no mistake, if had at least a bonafide disrupter at DT and a stude DE (Chad could be it, but to early to expect it ) than this scheme would be unpenetrable.

It's like he's chosen to run this defense to the ground until he gets those players results be damned.

attachment.php

I think the only reprieve he can get is if he fired Coach D and brought in a proven D coordinator who he was willing relinquish all control to. I don't think he would ever do that, but I think that is the one thing he could do to buy some more time with most fans. Personally, I won't be satisfied until he resigns or is fired.

Advertisement
This should be what the players receive when they begin preparations for Duke. One page.

cover2diagram_Full_thumb.jpg

same ****, the moment the other team is 3-wide, the sam or will covers the slot and we're in a 4-2 six man box.... gotta get that SS in the box with either front, and not with the obvious bush boundary blitz that eliminates his ability to make plays on one side of the field

Look, I know this isn't going to happen. Coaches don't just change from a 3-4 to a 4-3 overnight unless they're Jeremy Pruitt last year at FSU and have the slightest clue as to what they're doing.

Advertisement
4-3 Cover 2

These guys have been playing it since kindergarten. They wouldn't even have to practice and they would hold Duke under 200 yards.

if you watch film of the 2011 team, its pretty clear to me that even if F/A/G ran a 4-3, he would fhagg it out like he did in 2011. that was one soft *** scheme too.

F/A/G just sucks. period. there is no chance of him being good. he is done. back to the MAC

How hard would it have been to adjust to this at halftime of the last game? Golden has to be autistic or something.

cover3.gif

Advertisement

attachment.php

10 on 11's not good

Advertisement
Back