How about them Dolphins Great Win Today

Absolutely stunned by today's game. Never expected to beat the Pats in a meaningful game with how this year went. They went from 1st round bye to playing next week.....so this hurts them bigtime.

Miami could have picked anywhere from 2-5 based on today's outcomes. Detroit lost and the Redskins are going to lose, so the best we could have been was 4 if the Giants won.

Advertisement
Tanking is for losers everywhere. How can you build a winning culture when you’re trying to lose?

A high draft pick in a bad culture usually busts. What matters is how those players develop, not where they are picked.

The best QBs in the league are Pat Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Deshaun Watson, Jimmy G, Dak Prescott and Tom Brady. How many of those guys were Top 5 picks?

Flores is building a culture with a ton of picks in a loaded draft. Good time to be a Dolphin fan.

Dolphins were already losers. The point on tanking is hitting high on a draft or two. Load up on Defense, OL, pray you hit on a QB and build from there. The Dolphins loaded up on this draft and the next. I applaud them for this strategy.

Dolphins were already losers. The point on tanking is hitting high on a draft or two. Load up on Defense, OL, pray you hit on a QB and build from there. The Dolphins loaded up on this draft and the next. I applaud them for this strategy.

We have a high pick and a ton more picks in a loaded draft. It was smart to unload veterans for picks. But when the season starts, the goal is to win. Otherwise, you are developing a losing culture.

Advertisement
Omar says that Flores hasn’t proven to be a good coach yet. The man made chicken salad out of chicken shiit this year. Look at what he’s done with Parker and Gisecki just for starters.
Omar is stupid and is dying on this hill that Flores might not be a legit coach. He looks dumber each week he dispenses his drivel.

Apparently, he doubled down earlier today and cited how today's win would hurt our Draft. But the clown Omar didn't realize that us winning wouldn't affect our draft pick.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We have a high pick and a ton more picks in a loaded draft. It was smart to unload veterans for picks. But when the season starts, the goal is to win. Otherwise, you are developing a losing culture.

Coaches and players will try to win. Always. Management is the one that needs to set them up for failure. Mission accomplished. Now, can the Dolphins hit on these picks? Remains to be seen. Their Draft history has been a massive failure, overall.

I was ****ed when it was looking like Detroit might beat Green Bay. But given they lost and it's likely the Giants and Redskins will also lose, it was an amazing win. Doesn't cost Miami anything, but cost New England a bye week.

Exactly. Today was the first game all season I rooted for the Dolphins to win. There really wasn't much at stake in terms of the draft, due to the strength of schedule aspect with other teams that could end up 5-11.

The Lions were the only variable. Once they were up 14-0 then 17-3 I was wavering on my rooting interest in the Dolphins. But I had confidence Detroit would find a way to blow it, as they have all season. So I continued to root for Miami.

I predicted 5-11 this season on Finheaven. But I didn't want to be correct. I always make that prediction at the very end of the prior season, so I'm relying on big picture criteria and not garbage dredged up during the offseason. For next year I'll forecast 6-10 for the Dolphins. Not complicated. Ryan Fiztpatrick's career winning percentage is basically 40%. The closest translation to that over a full season is 6-10.

Overall this was an awful season for the Dolphins. It looks cute to be resourceful and competitive only if you are stuck in today's prism and totally clueless regarding long term realities. The NFL is dictated by quarterbacks. The Dolphins desperately needed that top pick.

This offseason there will be overboard optimism. Fans somehow think 5 victories is an accomplishment. That's because they were dunce enough to believe the 0-16 and worst of all time proclamations. Translate to next season when the same type of fan who expected 0-16 this season will somehow anticipate a competitive team if not a winning team. Meanwhile the subpar roster is still a reality. The team had a grotesque YPPA Differential this season, second worst only to Cincinnati. Fitzpatrick has a long history of underperforming when more is expected.

This was the season to get it done. Next year the stark roster reality shows up. I hope Tua or Jordan Love enter the equation.

Phins seem to have a HC and staff in place that care about building a winning culture. Lets see what they can do in the draft and with the next few years of player development. I actually like what I've seen this year.

Advertisement
Back