How about #2

Advertisement
Yea McGee is balling. Gunter looked good today. Highsmith was shaky

Peter, maybe I have the wrong number. 37 was in the extra DB package and gave up passes for first downs on multiple occasions. I thought that was Gunter?

There was one play that they had a first down to his side but I thought that was Highsmith's fault because Gunter had the short zone on that play

Bush is giving me hope for the future and is somewhat of a surprise after hearing that he wasn't a great fit at S, we would be up **** crick without him.

Advertisement
Gunter just "looks sloppy".. I don't know what it is. he just looks slow and inept. Maybe I read to much into body language

#2 is special! Kid can really make his pair(safety) looks good with that athleticism.

I want to see him and #22 in the secondary.

Hope #29 develope fast, too...

Advertisement
It was hot as **** out there today (one of the hotter games i've been to in a while) but I noticed #2 waving to come out ALOT. At one point it was 4 straight plays he kept trying to come off but the coaches made him stay out there. Anyone else see this?? from what I could see it was cramping, but by the 3rd quarter he looked exhausted.

In any case, he is easily our best safety and I'm excited about his future.

You're obsessed with Columbus, homie.

He looks solid for a Freshman. His size/speed stand out.

I haven't seen anything other than closing speed to indicate future stardom. Mind you, that doesn't mean he won't be. But, I'd like to be shown some extended evidence (plays) where he did something to quell the rumors that his issues were instinctual in the passing game.

He'll have plenty of opportunities going forward, though.

I think its pretty amazing. Bush was considered to have all the tools, just a little raw, especially at safety.

Kid has hit the field like a seasoned vet.

Advertisement
Lu, I thought the deep ball where he played center field was great, where he actually high pointed the ball and was ****ed he didnt come up with the pick. We havent seen a Miami safety do that in years, most of the time they are panicking and just happy that the ball would be incomplete and would get up bounce around and crap off a dropped pick...

I will take it, I know I was one who said this guy couldnt play safety after watching him in high school and am pleasantly surprised by him play, mind you they have him in the box, blitzing and playing deep center field, thats asking alot and he may not be making impact plays yet but he aint ******** up either. I think the other stuff come with experience and confidence.

Him and Carter...

Que the Jack nodding gif

Lu, I thought the deep ball where he played center field was great, where he actually high pointed the ball and was ****ed he didnt come up with the pick. We havent seen a Miami safety do that in years, most of the time they are panicking and just happy that the ball would be incomplete and would get up bounce around and crap off a dropped pick...

I will take it, I know I was one who said this guy couldnt play safety after watching him in high school and am pleasantly surprised by him play, mind you they have him in the box, blitzing and playing deep center field, thats asking alot and he may not be making impact plays yet but he aint ******** up either. I think the other stuff come with experience and confidence.

Him and Carter...

Que the Jack nodding gif

Hope they just keep bringing him downhill. His previous coaches weren't ever skeptical or concerned about his size/speed or general ability. It was the reads and instincts that I always heard rumors about. If he's used correctly, maybe that stuff can be mitigated while he learns, grows and hits the film room hard. For the time being, I like to see him being used as an athlete. At the very least, at least we now have a Safety who can make up angles. My comments above reflect that I just haven't seen him read a slant, seam or deep in and cross in front of it. We're basically observing an athlete right now.

Advertisement
Agreed. My comment on CCHS was that he basically did nothing. He is way too good of an athlete to not have been more productive at CCHS

Advertisement
Back