Houston G Cam'ron Johnson enters the portal

These entitled mfs always wanna act as if Miami guys are better. We were 5-7 no player or coach should be safe. Rivers has had 3 years to lock down a job and after a solid start to the season I was unimpressed.
Additionally, he's been hurt. I like him as a player, but people need to stop acting as if all players magically regain their powers after injuries. No one should be guaranteed a spot.

Advertisement
RIGHT!.... So I don't give a **** about how many portal lineman we already got and how many new players are coming in. He's a take!
It's a no-brainer. It doesn't change the 7 others that we need, but it means someone else will have to depart. There are plenty of candidates.

We already know of two (Matocha and Brantley) who appear to be on the way out. I don't know where that leaves us overall.

Additionally, he's been hurt. I like him as a player, but people need to stop acting as if all players magically regain their powers after injuries. No one should be guaranteed a spot.
Exactly and we need starter quality backups. For years we've been having guys like Seymore and Campbell as our backups and pretending less ****** was a form of upgrade.

Advertisement
He’s a take either way, but whether WE are a take for him probably comes down to what we want to do about RG and RT. My understanding is Cohen has openly stated he came here to play LG. We have our Center. This dude isn’t likely our LT. So, can we promise him an easy slide into RG or RT?

He’s a take either way, but whether WE are a take for him probably comes down to what we want to do about RG and RT. My understanding is Cohen has openly stated he came here to play LG. We have our Center. This dude isn’t likely our LT. So, can we promise him an easy slide into RG or RT?
At a minimum we could guarantee him top 6. We may not be a take for him but he **** sure better be a take for us. We went out and wasted scholies in the portal last year so this is a no brainer.

We couldn’t block Middle Tennessee St last year and people are meh on this kid lmaooo.

Never change, CIS.
Not only that but its always seemed that Jalen would always get a shot at Tackle. Well, here you go. This allows him to get a shot.

Advertisement
We’ve been talking about playing Jalen at OT for 2 years. Here’s his replacement so we could do that.
Always stack talent and maybe this move can come at RG and slide Rivers over to RT. Then Samson or Francis battle for the LT

Unless this kid is a surefire Day 1-2 NFL Draft pick at LG (people much smarter than I on this board would need to chime in on that), i'd guess coming to somewhere like Miami and playing RG and showing some versatility on the interior would increase his NFL draft prospects. Versatility is everything these days for young guys coming into the league, unless you're the surefire star plug and play LT etc.

And if you're going to make a move like that, would guess familiarity with Dawson would be very attractive to him if you're not planning to be at your next spot for long.

Advertisement
I see him as RG. Rivers and the freshmen battling for rotation at T. McCoy backing up Lee. Rivers can also rotate to relieve Cohen if absolutely necessary. Something along those lines.

Advertisement
This dude didn’t make the move to tackle when at Houston, doubt he makes the move to tackle when at a better program

I'm sure with the right NIL deal he would consider it. Regardless you bring him in as competition only breeds excellence.

Advertisement
Back