Houston G Cam'ron Johnson enters the portal

Advertisement
I don’t think anyone is saying this dude is bad or even mid, it’s that we just don’t think he’d come here to be depth; that’s why for right now he is just a kick the tires guy, gauge interest level

I don't understand the fascination with bringing in Cam'ron Johnson. The folks here around the Houston program said the OL was an abomination and Dawson had to scheme around it cause they couldn't run block anyone. I suppose its possible he was the only one who was any good, but how do we know this? Is he all conference due to his pass protection or both pass protection and run blocking?

We have to have more pressing priorities here.

@JustAFanHTX , do you have any insights here?

I don't understand the fascination with bringing in Cam'ron Johnson. The folks here around the Houston program said the OL was an abomination and Dawson had to scheme around it cause they couldn't run block anyone. I suppose its possible he was the only one who was any good, but how do we know this? Is he all conference due to his pass protection or both pass protection and run blocking?

Portal is slow, and there is a connection with Dawson + he was all AAC (gotta mean he atleast solid). Message board gonna message board

Advertisement

Our OL was trash we aren't in a position to say thanks but no thanks no matter how many 5* we sign. Especially for a one and done ordeal. I'm ok passing on freshmen in the portal but proven guys should have to mute Miami calls.

Advertisement
100% take, without question.

He’s one of the 10 best blocking OL’s in the Nation;
- All-Conference lineman
- Versatile OL that can play both G & T
- Only gave up 1 sack the entire season
- Experienced OL with a ton of snaps
- Potential NFL caliber player
- Understands Dawson’s Offense & could easily transition into the protection calls
- More depth & talent added to a really bad OL

I remember when yall swore up & down we didn’t need D’Mitri Emmanuel last year when he hit the Portal because “we didn’t need any more Guards” & then he went on to FSU & became the Offensive Lineman of the year for the ACC & was 1st Team All-ACC...

If Cam’ron wants to come down, you absolutely take him.

Advertisement
Yes.

Even if he wasn’t, so what? We have to Pass the ball too, it’s not like our Pass protection was any good last year lol
Our fans love to ignore OL every season, as if if it will magically fix itself. I was absolutely pilloried after the A&M game when I said that the line still sucked.

We had a good OL offseason haul. Now, stack chips.

I swore to myself I'll try to stay a bit more quiet and calm at least until summer/fall camp....

But man lol.... Y'all just get on my **** nerves.

I gotta do better

Advertisement
Our fans love to ignore OL every season, as if if it will magically fix itself. I was absolutely pilloried after the A&M game when I said that the line still sucked.

We got 2 ol in the portal already and 500 new ones comin g in and everyone is excited about it...i doubt we love to ignore ol.

Our ol was really good in th tx am game probably their best game and that saying alot because they were being coach by a hc that didnt expect to be in the game....

as the film of the offense got out more well it was over ...

I dont think he isnt a"take" at this juncture it aint an either or...dude makes the decision...and like the 2 ol transfers we got he likely goes to a team giving him the starting spot off bat. Ill take him honestly..he already knows the offense thats a plus and the last houston ol started here 2 years

I don't think our fans understand what "stack chips" mean.... As a matter of fact, I know they don't know.

Yes.

Even if he wasn’t, so what? We have to Pass the ball too, it’s not like our Pass protection was any good last year lol
These entitled mfs always wanna act as if Miami guys are better. We were 5-7 no player or coach should be safe. Rivers has had 3 years to lock down a job and after a solid start to the season I was unimpressed.

Advertisement
Back