Hotwire Communications: ACCn negotiations failed

****. I have Hotwire too. I would call and protest but it’s free in my building.

I guess I’ll have to compare Hulu and YouTube.

Advertisement
I added the sports package to my parents DTV but it won't show on the app. In Orlando, it worked on ESPN app but back home, it says unavailable. DTV is saying the provider isn't allowing it to be shown in the apps yet. Whole thing is a cluster fvck
Also if you don't live in the ACC footprint you have to pay for the sports pack to get it. If you live in the ACC footprint, you automatically get it if you have the Choice subscription and up. No way I'm paying for the sports pack just for the ACC Network. I'm thinking about switching to YouTube TV.

I’ve got directv in Texas. I’m running YouTube TV free trial. About to drop DTV. YouTube has all the channels I watch for less than half the price.

Advertisement
Also if you don't live in the ACC footprint you have to pay for the sports pack to get it. If you live in the ACC footprint, you automatically get it if you have the Choice subscription and up. No way I'm paying for the sports pack just for the ACC Network. I'm thinking about switching to YouTube TV.
Yep, they have the plan under choice. I had to pay $14/mo for the sports package just to get the ACCN and now I can't watch it except their house. If it doesn't get straightened out by the UNC game, I'm cancelling it.

They are requiring Comcast and Hotwire to carry the channel for everyone for a crazy high rate when they had these games on ESPN and ESPN2 in previous years. ESPN/Disney is garbage here.

I was getting ready to change from Direct TV but now that I’ve found that most of the services don’t have the ACC network I’m stuck with it for a while.

Anyone have COX or Spectrum and know if it’s on there.I have those two as other options.

Advertisement
Yeah Google "college football streaming Reddit" and look for "Grandma Streams". No that's not a joke and I have no idea why that's the name but it's essentially YouTube quality. My only disclaimer is i haven't used them this year so could have changed.
It's the same name this year, I used it this past Saturday.

We need to get out of that conference.

Actually don’t disagree, but it’s not happening and not workable in this day and age. We maybe should have stayed independent, but we also didn’t have the network deal or the alumni base and history that ND enjoy.

We need to do a better job of working within the ACC to get them to do a better job and to better represent all of their member institutions and not just the Carolina cabal. Blake just isn’t the right guy for that. Bring back Butch? For AD.

I called Comcast and for what it's worth the rep said that ACCN hasn't reached an agreement with Comcast. And the rep added that the UNC game still may be aired on existing channels... but I need to know for sure. Does anybody have better information?

This is what I'm guessing. Those of us who live in South Florida likely will be able to see the ACCN games on one of the local channels. Maybe 33 or 39.

Advertisement
If you have AppleTV, you can get Hulu and YouTube as apps. You should be able to sign up for either Hulu live or YouTube TV and get it through either one of those. I honestly don’t know which is better. I’m waiting until the last minute before the UNC game and then I’ll decide what to do. I have AT&T U-verse it look likes they haven’t gotten their act together either.

Same here. ******** and while they’re at it being back Redzone as well!!

If you have AppleTV, you can get Hulu and YouTube as apps. You should be able to sign up for either Hulu live or YouTube TV and get it through either one of those. I honestly don’t know which is better. I’m waiting until the last minute before the UNC game and then I’ll decide what to do. I have AT&T U-verse it look likes they haven’t gotten their act together either.
with hulu you have to subscribe to their live tv option package which runs at $45/month! OUCH! too expensive

Just got Playstation Vue for the sole purpose of ACCN. I have been very happy with the service and the network. TONS OF CONTENT!!!!

Advertisement
For those of you with a Samsung tv, my new tv came loaded with apps one being Samsung TV App. The app has ACCN as one of the channels.

Advertisement
Back