Hotwire Communications: ACCn negotiations failed

ssvir

Sophomore
Premium
My community has Hotwire Communications and after multiple calls, they told today me their negotiations to add the ACCn "failed". The **** you say.gif

I pay an extra $10 a month for the Sports Package already for RedZone so I get the Pac12, $EC, BigTen, and about 50 channels of Mexican soccer but no g-d ACCn !?!

Somebody needs to help me figure out how to get the game. I have smart TVs, Apple TVs, and Firesticks .... and before you goons start with the "cut the cord" crap, this cable company is paid about $175 a month as a portion of my HOA dues.

Advertisement
If you have AppleTV, you can get Hulu and YouTube as apps. You should be able to sign up for either Hulu live or YouTube TV and get it through either one of those. I honestly don’t know which is better. I’m waiting until the last minute before the UNC game and then I’ll decide what to do. I have AT&T U-verse it look likes they haven’t gotten their act together either.

If you're just worried about the 2 Canes games on the ACC Network, you can get 5 day free trials to Hulu TV, Playstation Vue, and YouTube TV. All 3 carry the ACC Network in certain packages. Use one for the first game and another for Game 2

+ Rep.

This is what I'm talking about.

Knowing my luck the Internet will be slow or down gameday.

Advertisement
If you have AppleTV, you can get Hulu and YouTube as apps. You should be able to sign up for either Hulu live or YouTube TV and get it through either one of those. I honestly don’t know which is better. I’m waiting until the last minute before the UNC game and then I’ll decide what to do. I have AT&T U-verse it look likes they haven’t gotten their act together either.
I have U-Verse as well, I sent an inquiry to their Presidents Complaint desk. I did receive 2 replies from an actual person. They just keep giving the company line that they are in negotiations. Whether that's true or not is anyone's guess. I have 2 smart TV's so I can use Hulu but that's not the point.
If UVerse can carry the Longhorn network and force it on everyones package outside of Texas you would think having the ACCN with a footprint from Key West to Syracuse, Ny would be a no brainer.

Advertisement

Same, I just signed up for Hulu+. Haven't used it much yet, but I've played with it a little and like it. I'll probably put my Uverse TV package on "vacation" for a while and just use the Hulu+. If Uverse gets ACCN before the season is out, I'll keep them. If not, they're probably gone.

I called Comcast and for what it's worth the rep said that ACCN hasn't reached an agreement with Comcast. And the rep added that the UNC game still may be aired on existing channels... but I need to know for sure. Does anybody have better information?

Same, I just signed up for Hulu+. Haven't used it much yet, but I've played with it a little and like it. I'll probably put my Uverse TV package on "vacation" for a while and just use the Hulu+. If Uverse gets ACCN before the season is out, I'll keep them. If not, they're probably gone.

For reference, aside from ACCN (and NFL Network now also), I actually get more channels for less money with UVerse than Hulu+.

Advertisement
Have used reddit streams for NFL many times and will attest to them being high quality
Yeah Google "college football streaming Reddit" and look for "Grandma Streams". No that's not a joke and I have no idea why that's the name but it's essentially YouTube quality. My only disclaimer is i haven't used them this year so could have changed.

Yeah Google "college football streaming Reddit" and look for "Grandma Streams". No that's not a joke and I have no idea why that's the name but it's essentially YouTube quality. My only disclaimer is i haven't used them this year so could have changed.
Reddit has removed all their streaming subreddits for sports. It's a no go zone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back