Hot Take: Miami (FL) will not return to prominence unless...

rok

N-U-D-E-S-I-N-B-I-O
The Miami (FL) Hurricanes football program will never see a return to glory unless a major shift occurs in recruiting in-state players, specifically on offense. Of the 38 scholarship players currently slated to be on the 2017 roster, only 20 of them are from the state of Florida.

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

Conversely, the defense features just 6 players who hail from out of state. The other 33 are products of Florida.

Is it a coincidence that the defense is so much better than the offense? LOL I don't think so!

Advertisement
When the problems are Offensive line and play calling I'm not sure I can endorse this

Unless you can provide a roster breakdown of the make-up during the "glory years" it's difficult to make that assessment.
Just from memory Miami's best QB's have always been from out of state, Kelly, Kosar, Dorsey and statistically Kaaya.

Advertisement
The Miami (FL) Hurricanes football program will never see a return to glory unless a major shift occurs in recruiting in-state players, specifically on offense. Of the 38 scholarship players currently slated to be on the 2017 roster, only 20 of them are from the state of Florida.

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

Conversely, the defense features just 6 players who hail from out of state. The other 33 are products of Florida.

Is it a coincidence that the defense is so much better than the offense? LOL I don't think so!

Let's redshirt all the freshmen, am I right?

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

Our best team ever (2001) had 8 out of 11 starters on offense from out of state. The defense had around 50% from out of state.

Advertisement

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

Our best team ever (2001) had 8 out of 11 starters on offense from out of state. The defense had around 50% from out of state.

LOL. Close Thread.

Take a look at the 2018 class, do your homework, just read the numbers on 2001 team. Looks like your thread and argument are going down faster than Hillary can makes excuses for her loss to the Donald.

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

QB-Dorsey-CA
RB-Portis-FL
FB-Davenport-FL
WR-A. Johnson-FL
WR-D. Jones-TX
TE-Shockey-OK
LT-McKinney-NJ
LG-Haji-Rausoli-Canada
C-Romberg-Freaking Canada
RG-Bibla-PA
RT-Gonzalez-FL

The last National Championship offense we had. Stack chips.

Advertisement

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

Cool. Let's make stuff up.

QB Dorsey
RB Portis
FB Davenport
WR Beard
WR Johnson
TE Shockey
LT McKinnie
LG Wilkins
C Romberg
RG Bibla
RT Gonzalez

DE Green
DT Walters
DT Joseph
DE McDougle

LB Campbell
LB Vilma
LB Williams
CB Rumph
SS Lewis
FS Reed
CB Buchanon

Last edited:
Now I may be mistaken but I'm fairly certain that:

19 of the top 20 rushers in school history are from FL.

19 of the top 20 receivers in school history are from FL.

Advertisement
Now I may be mistaken but I'm fairly certain that:

19 of the top 20 rushers in school history are from FL.

19 of the top 20 receivers in school history are from FL.

that could very well be true, but, hypothetically, if FIU, FAU, UCF, USF could say the majority of their top record holders are from Florida how does that lead to national prominence?

Take a look at the 2018 class, do your homework, just read the numbers on 2001 team. Looks like your thread and argument are going down faster than Hillary can makes excuses for her loss to the Donald.

Oh blow it out your ***, lard mouth.

I know exactly who's committed for 2018.

Advertisement
Back