Hot Take: Miami (FL) will not return to prominence unless...

When the problems are Offensive line and play calling I'm not sure I can endorse this

I'd say speed was a problem last year.

It's why we had Berrios and Lewis returning kicks.

I'm very happy we have Jeff Thomas arriving soon but would've preferred Jerry Jeudy. Very glad we got Harley, who I expect to play better than Thomas.

Advertisement
When the problems are Offensive line and play calling I'm not sure I can endorse this

You

I'm very happy we have Jeff Thomas arriving soon but would've preferred Jerry Jeudy. Very glad we got Harley, who I expect to play better than Thomas.

Harley isn't in the same universe as Jeff Thomas.

Thomas & Jeudy is a scratch.

JJ was an EE and went to HS right up the road so the learning curve for him would've been less steep imo.

Thomas will arrive here next month and will likely have his mind blown coming from East STL. He'll be fine but he could also end up like Latwan Anderson, Sam Bruce, what have you.

Hot Take: Harley has more receiving yards in 2017

Advertisement
The Miami (FL) Hurricanes football program will never see a return to glory unless a major shift occurs in recruiting in-state players, specifically on offense. Of the 38 scholarship players currently slated to be on the 2017 roster, only 20 of them are from the state of Florida.

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

Conversely, the defense features just 6 players who hail from out of state. The other 33 are products of Florida.

Is it a coincidence that the defense is so much better than the offense? LOL I don't think so!

Guess you felt the need to add to your 11k post count. Next time just pee in the shower while the plug is in.

The Miami (FL) Hurricanes football program will never see a return to glory unless a major shift occurs in recruiting in-state players, specifically on offense. Of the 38 scholarship players currently slated to be on the 2017 roster, only 20 of them are from the state of Florida.

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

Conversely, the defense features just 6 players who hail from out of state. The other 33 are products of Florida.

Is it a coincidence that the defense is so much better than the offense? LOL I don't think so!

Guess you felt the need to add to your 11k post count. Next time just pee in the shower while the plug is in.

Nice post. Very insightful.

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

That is what we are doing for this class forward. Only take the elite out of state guys and the rest stay in state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You

Harley isn't in the same universe as Jeff Thomas.
He outperformed everyone he stepped on the field with, including the elite talents. To say not in the same universe is just you being a closed minded fanboy

Advertisement

JJ was an EE and went to HS right up the road so the learning curve for him would've been less steep imo.

Thomas will arrive here next month and will likely have his mind blown coming from East STL. He'll be fine but he could also end up like Latwan Anderson, Sam Bruce, what have you.

That can be said about any and every recruit. The EE part is a non factor, he's playing for baKKKa. I doubt they have a more complicated route tree than Richts off. That EE time was spent blocking for the rb's and his running qb lol. Talent is talent no matter where its from. Jeudy is not better because he went to DHS. I take that back Thomas is better lolol, when watch his tape I dont know if im watchin a 5* db or wr lololol. I kno i kno Jeudy would be a raw *** cb to.

Harley weighs 155. He's going to get split in half this season if he plays regularly.

It's weird how you guys don't know what a "Hot Take" is & never seem to understand what Rok is doing.

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

Our best team ever (2001) had 8 out of 11 starters on offense from out of state. The defense had around 50% from out of state.

Different times

Advertisement

Nothing gets me juiced like a sub-hot take within a hot take.

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

QB-Dorsey-CA
RB-Portis-FL
FB-Davenport-FL
WR-A. Johnson-FL
WR-D. Jones-TX
TE-Shockey-OK
LT-McKinney-NJ
LG-Haji-Rausoli-Canada
C-Romberg-Freaking Canada
RG-Bibla-PA
RT-Gonzalez-FL

The last National Championship offense we had. Stack chips.

Portis might have gone to HS in FL, but he isnt from FL.

Advertisement
I don't want us to return to prominence until we prove that we can recruit kids from New Mexico

I would say on offense WR's and RB's should for the most part be from florida, unless you have a can't miss prospect (Jeff Thomas actually looks like one btw) from out of state wanting to come to Miami.

OL, QB, TE - those are really crapshoots. You can find good to great players (The NJoku's for example) from out of state but you should certainly try and grab Florida guys first.

Defense is a difference animal. Speed and aggression is essential on defense and Florida guys seem to have both in abundance. Therefore our defense should be composed of primarily Florida guys. Don't completely walk away from a Louisiana or Georgia highly talented product though.

When are we getting a Puerto Rican, not a real Puerto Rican, but a Puerto Rican from New York. This team needs diversity.

Advertisement
Back