Hot Take: Miami (FL) will not return to prominence unless...

Advertisement
5 of the 11 starters on offense are going to be OL. This has always been one of the weaker positions to find in Florida. I hope they don't listen to the OP and continue to find some OOS studs especially on the OL.

Advertisement
The Miami (FL) Hurricanes football program will never see a return to glory unless a major shift occurs in recruiting in-state players, specifically on offense. Of the 38 scholarship players currently slated to be on the 2017 roster, only 20 of them are from the state of Florida.

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

Conversely, the defense features just 6 players who hail from out of state. The other 33 are products of Florida.

Is it a coincidence that the defense is so much better than the offense? LOL I don't think so!

QB-Dorsey-CA
RB-Portis-FL
FB-Davenport-FL
WR-A. Johnson-FL
WR-D. Jones-TX
TE-Shockey-OK
LT-McKinney-NJ
LG-Haji-Rausoli-Canada
C-Romberg-Freaking Canada
RG-Bibla-PA
RT-Gonzalez-FL

The last National Championship offense we had. Stack chips.

Hmmm, three players from Florida.

Maybe it's already happening. So far this year, seventeen of our eighteen commits play ball in Florida, although Sits is actually from New Jersey. Brevin Jordan is our only commit from an out-of-state school high school.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Miami (FL) Hurricanes football program will never see a return to glory unless a major shift occurs in recruiting in-state players, specifically on offense. Of the 38 scholarship players currently slated to be on the 2017 roster, only 20 of them are from the state of Florida.

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

Conversely, the defense features just 6 players who hail from out of state. The other 33 are products of Florida.

Is it a coincidence that the defense is so much better than the offense? LOL I don't think so!

QB-Dorsey-CA
RB-Portis-FL
FB-Davenport-FL
WR-A. Johnson-FL
WR-D. Jones-TX
TE-Shockey-OK
LT-McKinney-NJ
LG-Haji-Rausoli-Canada
RG-Bibla-PA
RT-Gonzalez-FL

We just need some Canadiens on the oline and well be back!!!

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

QB-Dorsey-CA
RB-Portis-FL
FB-Davenport-FL
WR-A. Johnson-FL
WR-D. Jones-TX
TE-Shockey-OK
LT-McKinney-NJ
LG-Haji-Rausoli-Canada
RG-Bibla-PA
RT-Gonzalez-FL

4 fl players

Advertisement

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

QB-Dorsey-CA
RB-Portis-FL
FB-Davenport-FL
WR-A. Johnson-FL
WR-D. Jones-TX
TE-Shockey-OK
LT-McKinney-NJ
LG-Haji-Rausoli-Canada
RG-Bibla-PA
RT-Gonzalez-FL

1991 Championship Team

QB Gino Torretta - CA
FB Stephen McGuire - NY
RB Larry Jones - FL
TE Coleman Bell - FL
WR Horace Copeland - FL
WR Lamar Thomas - FL
LT Leon Searcy - FL
LG Rudy Barber - FL
C Kelvin Harris - FL
RG Claude Jones - FL
RT Mario Cristobal - FL

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

QB-Dorsey-CA
RB-Portis-FL
FB-Davenport-FL
WR-A. Johnson-FL
WR-D. Jones-TX
TE-Shockey-OK
LT-McKinney-NJ
LG-Haji-Rausoli-Canada
RG-Bibla-PA
RT-Gonzalez-FL

1991 Championship Team

QB Gino Torretta - CA
FB Stephen McGuire - NY
WR Kevin Williams - TX
TE Coleman Bell - FL
WR Horace Copeland - FL
WR Lamar Thomas - FL
LT Leon Searcy - FL
LG Rudy Barber - FL
C Kelvin Harris - FL
RG Claude Jones - FL
RT Mario Cristobal - FL

Erickson ran a one back offense.

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

When you are doing it right, this is what it looks like.

Advertisement

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
1 TE
9 OL

This is the result of Folden's recruiting. Take a look at the current 2018 recruit list: 16 of 17 commits are from Florida.

Every major team has to dominate in its region and prevent outsiders from poaching talent. At the same time, the major teams have to try their best to grab top talent from other colleges' back yards. It's not one or the other. The more that UM dominates recruiting in S. Florida, the better the team looks to top recruits in other regions. As UM snags the 4-stars from other regions, local studs feel the love and stay home. Right now, UM is ranked #1 in recruiting for 2018 based on its Florida commits. This will pay dividends by convincing studs from other regions to jump on board.

Unless Richt step in and see to it that Miami's cheerleaders are upgraded big time, I don't see us winning the ACC. It Miami for gawd sake. Go to the beach and find some real talent.

Advertisement
Back