Shout out to @DMoney for providing us intel as well
Shout out to @Dwinstitles for keeping it 1000 w the videos
Shout out to @Brock and @Liberty City El for the updates via social media
Shout out to @The Franchise for keeping this board live
Shout out to @BallHawkU for keeping his hoodie down w the kid
Shout out to @Wherrea8 b/c that's my ppls

If I miss any of ya'll, I apologize.

Down to business:

Several months ago I was critical of this staff, and they proved me wrong. I like the class, a lot. Getting that elite speed, playmakers, and bounty hunters was needed. We sured up our OL, added strike force depth to our LB, beasted on the DL, and have now created the most uncoverable WR crew in the nation, imo.

I give this class a B+. Was I disappointed in not landing Henderson and Edwards? Of course. Same with not landing McFarland. I also wish we would've strived for another DT. However, if Henderson wants to go to a school where they produce thee most bust in the NFL (F the whole business decision crap he tweeted)...if Edwards wants to go to a school where they didn't even want him....if McFarland wants to go a school who just lied to him, then, and I sincerely mean this, FCK EM! Every, and I mean EVERY recruit that's screwed with the U, tried to slow play us, became nobodies (see Lane, MT6, Kweef Bryant, Valentine, etc.) We showed these gentlemen love, attention, and like any hoe, they'll have to find out the hard way they made a mistake leaving the good guy, after the fact (see Cronkrite tweet).

Moving forward, however, we have some recruiting weak links: Rumph and Brown. I hope they learn from their mistakes. I hope this staff no longer accept or count "silent commits." We must recruit well at RB, DB, and DT next year. We have to put a better product on the field, and we have to recruit a tad stronger off of it. No more 4 game losing streaks; no more seasons winning less than 10. No more settling for 2nd place or fewer for the ACC Coastal. We have way more than enough talent and this Squad17 class will be a lynchpin for us.

The staff told us to #watchthefinish, and I was satisfied for it. Instead of bashing who we missed out on, it's these naive recruits who made the mistake (I'm look at you, D Smith) and let's praise this class. It's Great to Be a Miami Hurricane

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
First off, let me pay some respeck to where it belongs:
Shout out to @Peter Ariz for keeping us in the loop
Shout out to @DMoney for providing us intel as well
Shout out to @Dwinstitles for keeping it 1000 w the videos
Shout out to @Brock and @Liberty City El for the updates via social media
Shout out to @The Franchise for keeping this board live
Shout out to @BallHawkU for keeping his hoodie down w the kid
Shout out to @Wherrea8 b/c that's my ppls

If I miss any of ya'll, I apologize.

Down to business:

Several months ago I was critical of this staff, and they proved me wrong. I like the class, a lot. Getting that elite speed, playmakers, and bounty hunters was needed. We sured up our OL, added strike force depth to our LB, beasted on the DL, and have now created the most uncoverable WR crew in the nation, imo.

I give this class a B+. Was I disappointed in not landing Henderson and Edwards? Of course. Same with not landing McFarland. I also wish we would've strived for another DT. However, if Henderson wants to go to a school where they produce thee most bust in the NFL (F the whole business decision crap he tweeted)...if Edwards wants to go to a school where they didn't even want him....if McFarland wants to go a school who just lied to him, then, and I sincerely mean this, FCK EM! Every, and I mean EVERY recruit that's screwed with the U, tried to slow play us, became nobodies (see Lane, MT6, Kweef Bryant, Valentine, etc.) We showed these gentlemen love, attention, and like any hoe, they'll have to find out the hard way they made a mistake leaving the good guy, after the fact (see Cronkrite tweet).

Moving forward, however, we have some recruiting weak links: Rumph and Brown. I hope they learn from their mistakes. I hope this staff no longer accept or count "silent commits." We must recruit well at RB, DB, and DT next year. We have to put a better product on the field, and we have to recruit a tad stronger off of it. No more 4 game losing streaks; no more seasons winning less than 10. No more settling for 2nd place or fewer for the ACC Coastal. We have way more than enough talent and this Squad17 class will be a lynchpin for us.

The staff told us to #watchthefinish, and I was satisfied for it. Instead of bashing who we missed out on, it's these naive recruits who made the mistake (I'm look at you, D Smith) and let's praise this class. It's Great to Be a Miami Hurricane

Great post! 100% agree!!!

The silent commits thing is a biggy. It's tough because we're not quite at the point yet with depth where we can tell these kids go public or we're moving on. Not with guys like McFarland and Henderson, but hopefully we get to that point soon. Gotta start stacking chips.

Respect Rellyrell like the post. You kept it real. Hopefully that hoodie stays off for the foreseeable future.

Spittin the heavy truth Rell, time to ride with our hittas and start punchin people in the mouth

Advertisement
Most definitely agree with you op! Some folks really need to work on their soft shoulders. Being 100% negative all the **** time just makes them look bad.

Go Canes!

Strong agree. This is a good class.

I wanted Henderson/Edwards/McFarland, but at the end of the day, having them or not having them probably doesn't make or break our season next year. I think even with suboptimal depth, we'll be fine.

Extra pressure on the staff to close with an elite class in 2018, but to be fair, they are paid well and should only be closing with elite classes going forward. They got a pass last year because of circumstances and I'm even willing to give them somewhat of a pass this year in missing on the Jeudys/Smiths/et al because those relationships started well before Richt & team got here. We were able to turn some (Herbert/Dean) but swung and missed at others. As OP said, let's hope they learn from what went wrong and are ready to close the deal next year. Class of 2018 looks loaded, staff will have had 2 years to work those relationships by NSD next year. We're not going to get all of them, so let's hope the staff gets the right ones.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Truth they need to be a little bit better with back up plans and not to throw all their eggs in one basket I.e the top 3 receivers we missed. We need a large amount of CB's and pure dt's next year

Always refreshing to see somebody willing to change their mind on here. Agree with what you said with the possible exception of Brown. In this case I assume that's Richt's call as to whether to recruit a 3rd RB just in case. Whatever man, keep doing your thing.

Advertisement
Spittin the heavy truth Rell, time to ride with our hittas and start punchin people in the mouth

Between Finley and Carter, I'm going to assume that no one is going to want to go across the middle anymore. On top of that, I'm going to assume we're going to speed up the QB clock by 2 seconds. I'm extremely excited about the combining of the 16 and 17 classes.

I think we're about to be that bully on the block real soon.

Rellyrell on that realreal WITH HIS FUGGIN' HOODIE OFF.

The class is a DT, McFarland and Hendo away from being elite.

But a B+ nonetheless. **** very hard.

Advertisement
Back