Hoodie Off, Let's Go!

Solid post man.

This class was definitely a success.

Can't wait for next season.

Oh and **** Henderson and McFarland

Advertisement
Agreed on all this. I think the inexperience for Rumph & Brown showed but as you said, let's hope they learn from this to come back stronger next year. In years past the staff would have given up on the prospects we didn't get, & probably some of the ones we did get too.

Can't be mad at their effort. Some of these kids are flakey/impressionable AF & let "other factors" sway them away.

First off, let me pay some respeck to where it belongs:
Shout out to @Peter Ariz for keeping us in the loop
Shout out to @DMoney for providing us intel as well
Shout out to @Dwinstitles for keeping it 1000 w the videos
Shout out to @Brock and @Liberty City El for the updates via social media
Shout out to @The Franchise for keeping this board live
Shout out to @BallHawkU for keeping his hoodie down w the kid
Shout out to @Wherrea8 b/c that's my ppls

If I miss any of ya'll, I apologize.

Down to business:

Several months ago I was critical of this staff, and they proved me wrong. I like the class, a lot. Getting that elite speed, playmakers, and bounty hunters was needed. We sured up our OL, added strike force depth to our LB, beasted on the DL, and have now created the most uncoverable WR crew in the nation, imo.

I give this class a B+. Was I disappointed in not landing Henderson and Edwards? Of course. Same with not landing McFarland. I also wish we would've strived for another DT. However, if Henderson wants to go to a school where they produce thee most bust in the NFL (F the whole business decision crap he tweeted)...if Edwards wants to go to a school where they didn't even want him....if McFarland wants to go a school who just lied to him, then, and I sincerely mean this, FCK EM! Every, and I mean EVERY recruit that's screwed with the U, tried to slow play us, became nobodies (see Lane, MT6, Kweef Bryant, Valentine, etc.) We showed these gentlemen love, attention, and like any hoe, they'll have to find out the hard way they made a mistake leaving the good guy, after the fact (see Cronkrite tweet).

Moving forward, however, we have some recruiting weak links: Rumph and Brown. I hope they learn from their mistakes. I hope this staff no longer accept or count "silent commits." We must recruit well at RB, DB, and DT next year. We have to put a better product on the field, and we have to recruit a tad stronger off of it. No more 4 game losing streaks; no more seasons winning less than 10. No more settling for 2nd place or fewer for the ACC Coastal. We have way more than enough talent and this Squad17 class will be a lynchpin for us.

The staff told us to #watchthefinish, and I was satisfied for it. Instead of bashing who we missed out on, it's these naive recruits who made the mistake (I'm look at you, D Smith) and let's praise this class. It's Great to Be a Miami Hurricane

Mad props on this post. 💯✊🏼

Up vote and I echo the thanks to those mentioned. Yall the reason this board is fire. Wont dilute the thread by talkin bout the sore azzes.

Go canes!!!!

Advertisement
Truth they need to be a little bit better with back up plans and not to throw all their eggs in one basket I.e the top 3 receivers we missed. We need a large amount of CB's and pure dt's next year

Down to business:

Several months ago I was critical of this staff, and they proved me wrong. I like the class, a lot. Getting that elite speed, playmakers, and bounty hunters was needed. We sured up our OL, added strike force depth to our LB, beasted on the DL, and have now created the most uncoverable WR crew in the nation, imo.

I give this class a B+. Was I disappointed in not landing Henderson and Edwards? Of course. Same with not landing McFarland. I also wish we would've strived for another DT. However, if Henderson wants to go to a school where they produce thee most bust in the NFL (F the whole business decision crap he tweeted)...if Edwards wants to go to a school where they didn't even want him....if McFarland wants to go a school who just lied to him, then, and I sincerely mean this, FCK EM! Every, and I mean EVERY recruit that's screwed with the U, tried to slow play us, became nobodies (see Lane, MT6, Kweef Bryant, Valentine, etc.) We showed these gentlemen love, attention, and like any hoe, they'll have to find out the hard way they made a mistake leaving the good guy, after the fact (see Cronkrite tweet).

Moving forward, however, we have some recruiting weak links: Rumph and Brown. I hope they learn from their mistakes. I hope this staff no longer accept or count "silent commits." We must recruit well at RB, DB, and DT next year. We have to put a better product on the field, and we have to recruit a tad stronger off of it. No more 4 game losing streaks; no more seasons winning less than 10. No more settling for 2nd place or fewer for the ACC Coastal. We have way more than enough talent and this Squad17 class will be a lynchpin for us.

The staff told us to #watchthefinish, and I was satisfied for it. Instead of bashing who we missed out on, it's these naive recruits who made the mistake (I'm look at you, D Smith) and let's praise this class. It's Great to Be a Miami Hurricane

Upvote for Truth.

Advertisement
Solid post man.

This class was definitely a success.

Can't wait for next season.

Oh and **** Henderson and McFarland

Don't forget Edwards. We showed that dude MAJOR love. Wasn't nobody even f'n with him, and he did us hella dirty. We won't be hearing from these guys again. They'll be an after thought. When they see us celebrate in a couple years in the city they're supposed to rep, when they see guys like Thomas and DeeJay and DJ get praised like they were raised in the city, like that were birthed to that soil, THEN they'll realized they f'd up. They can keep those phoney SEC East champ rings that don't mean ish since Bama, Auburn, and LSU take turns drilling any of those punks in the title game. We're going to add # 7 soon (FOH Terry Porter and OSU).

Great, honest and uplifting post, Rell. I agree with you 100%. We added a lot, we can improve on spots and fûck em if they want to make bad choices (Henderson, Edwards, McFarland and D. Smith). Hoodie off, let's go!!!

Advertisement
I think not going after lesser guys at db is the staff's way of betting on themselves(on field product and recruiting) for 2018 and 2019. I hope they win that bet.

Possibly the same at DT, and Te.

At wr, i think we dodge a bullet, cause we could have easily lost Harley and Thomas. Sometimes its better to be lucky(or in Richts case blessed) than good.

At rb, they just got caught. It happens to the best of us. So long as they learn from, no sweat.

All in all, we put up a **** good fight, but lost a few rounds. We get the decision, now on to the next one. Just like our canes did on the field last year. I like where we are heading.

Right. At some point you have to bet the farm if you want to be great. Last staff always wanted to do damage control, this staff going for broke next year. They'll either have to pull a huge class next year or they never will and I think they know that.

Honestly... I just wanna know what they got goins on under the table as far as back up plans or late qualifiers...

Ced Wright
M Young time to grind.

Cager and berrios are keys too

If Choc has a good spring i aint trippin on jitt from MD.

Darrion Owens and Jamie G... I'm tryna see how they look and who can step up to provide depth.

I think we're straight at QB, we got playmakers all over now

We have dynamite athletes who could help on specials now too

A lot of players 2nd year in the weight room...

Building depth on the OL ...

Now is when these coaches gotta earn checks with techniques and schemes.

Beating state coulp pop this thang awff

Advertisement
Solid post but disagree with the comments made by some who constantly feel the necessity to caution the staff about depending on silents , having backup plans etc. Guys, come on. This is a professional staff at the top with decades of experience. The only surprise here was McFarland a kid that was as committed as DJ Dallas. I'm not sure Mark or anyone else on the staff has ever had a last minute betrayal like this before. As far as CJ and Edwards they have been shakey for months and I doubt the staff was surprised and frankly we don't need them considering our options at that position next year. Personally, I think it says a lot about this staff to value ships and resist plan B projects.

Last edited:

Down to business:

Richt.jpg

JC

Solid post but disagree with the comments made by some who constantly feel the necessity to caution the staff about depending on silents , having backup plans etc. Guys, come on. This is a professional staff at the top with decades of experience. The only surprise here was McFarland a kid that was as committed as DJ Dallas. I'm not sure Mark or anyone else on the staff has ever had a last minute betrayal like this before. As far as CJ and Edwards they have been shakey for months and I doubt the staff was surprised and frankly we don't need them considering our options at that position next year. Personally, I think it says a lot about this staff to value ships and resist plan B projects.

Here's the thing; silent commits don't mean ish. If a kid don't wanna move forward w a verbal, have a back up plan, that's all I'm saying. There's nothing wrong making sure you don't have to scramble at the 11th hour. We handled things professionall, but we can't expect children to do the same, so it's not asking much to protect yourself.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back