Homer

Advertisement
Because of his size, Homer is never going to be a high round draft pick, and the shelf life for RB's is short. He should probably leave.
This is the reason he’ll leave. His draft stock is probably around the 5th round and has no indications of improving behind a o-line like ours that’s headed by Searles and Richt. Shelf life at RB is too short to take more hits in college and in this system. Could you imagine Homer at RB for the Patriots or Rams, or any decent/formidable and well-coached o-line in the NFL while actually 100% healthy. Homer is gonna be fine with the right team.

Advertisement
Final Career Stats vs. ACC Opponents:

Walton - 230 - 949 yds - 4.1 ypc 9 TD's
Homer - 221 - 1,323 yds - 6.0 ypc 8 TD's

Homer is better
Here comes the stat guy with no context. The 2015 and 2016 OL was the worst we had in two decades. he was also hurt the year he was meant to break out and majority of his touches came as a freshman and sophomore. There was no time to learn, you was just thrown in there as the starting running back.Just watch games, Mark walton makes something out of nothing a lot more than homer does at all. If he didn't get hurt he would have been legit.

Here comes the stat guy with no context. The 2015 and 2016 OL was the worst we had in two decades. he was also hurt the year he was meant to break out and majority of his touches came as a freshman and sophomore. There was no time to learn, you was just thrown in there as the starting running back.Just watch games, Mark walton makes something out of nothing a lot more than homer does at all. If he didn't get hurt he would have been legit.
Homer definitely was better and it’s not really close. Our oline this year was far worse than either of the 2015-2017 lines and he’s still averaging 6.3 ypc

Homer showed up in big games walton did not. I like walton a lot but that’s the absolute truth.

Homer definitely was better and it’s not really close. Our oline this year was far worse than either of the 2015-2017 lines and he’s still averaging 6.3 ypc

Homer showed up in big games walton did not. I like walton a lot but that’s the absolute truth.
No that what it seems like, our OL is not far worse I cant believe you said that. Do u not remember Brad Kaaya getting pummeled, our OL was almost as bad as fsu is rn. Just look at the stats, they our worse in every category. Duke averaged undrr 4 yards a carry as a freshman with that OL, **** was trash straight garbage.

No that what it seems like, our OL is not far worse I cant believe you said that. Do u not remember Brad Kaaya getting pummeled, our OL was almost as bad as fsu is rn. Just look at the stats, they our worse in every category. Duke averaged undrr 4 yards a carry as a freshman with that OL, **** was trash straight garbage.
Our qb gets pummeled even more now with way more mobile qbs than kaaya which is why his stats looked like they did as a freshman. Imo homer has been much better

I’m assuming you mean “dude when you said duke” because duke Johnson assuredly didn’t average under 4 ypc his freshman season. Walton vision was just as bad if not worse than homers.

Advertisement

Keep rolling out a laundry list of excuses to justify what Walton "could've", but didn't actually do.

I'll just tell you what Homer actually did.

Walton 3.5 ypc
Yearby 4.9 ypc

Walton 5.3 ypc
Yearby 6.0 ypc

So was the OL just garbage when Walton was running the ball?

Keep rolling out a laundry list of excuses to justify what Walton "could've", but didn't actually do.

I'll just tell you what Homer actually did.
How bout this Walton average over 7 yards per carry as a junior before he got hurt.... something.

Advertisement
Walton 3.5 ypc
Yearby 4.9 ypc

Walton 5.3 ypc
Yearby 6.0 ypc

So was the OL just garbage when Walton was running the ball?
Firat of all yearby did not get as much
We didn’t play anybody.
Bethune Cookman
Toledo
Duke
FSU..
You act like we play everybody now, we has pretty much played the same people but homer numbers where still not as good.

Advertisement
It doesn't matter, against Savannah state, toledo, fiu, and UNC Homer still didnt average over 7 yards per carry.

Yes it does matter who it was against. Here's Malik Rosier's stats in 2 games vs. Toledo:

- Passing: 40-59, 535 yds, 5 TD's, 1 INT , 67.8%
- Rushing: 12-91 yds, 7.6 ypc, 4 TD's

No one cares if Rosier put up Heisman numbers against Toledo because he didn't play well in a large majority of games vs. P5 teams.

Same should apply to Walton. Big games vs. Toledo, FIU, FAU, FAMU shouldn't matter that much if you can't get it done against FSU, VT, GT, etc.

Homer came up consistently bigger against ACC & P5 teams than Walton. That counts more.

21 yards of rushing for 2,000 in his career
31 yards from 1,000 this season.
looking to become the 11th Hurricane to rush for 2,000
12th to have 1,000 in a season.

Advertisement
Back