Homer vs Akers

Advertisement
Advertisement
Watch his tape against us again. He got out of so many TFL's it isn't even funny. Got through Shaq, Pinkney, Redwine, DJax... He's a dog. But so too is Homer.

I watched him all year and I never saw anything special. I’ve watched football over 30 years and he never made me say “wow or he’s special “.

Like I said , he’s nice college player but I’ve seen far better rb’s as Fr. Duke , Gore , Dunn and Cook are guys that are examples of what special backs look like as a Fr.

Btw a majority of his yards against us was just awful gap control by lb’s and a few missed tackles.

Advertisement
I think Homer's more versatile when you include His catching ability, but Akers is the better pure RB outta the 2.

On one of His long runs vs us, He shed Joe Jackson like He didn't exist, and ran McCloud over.

He's basically all they had last year on O, especially after Francois went down.

Kid's a stud.

Akers has great vision and burst and was hard to tackle. I don't think he was a slouch at all. For a smaller back he runs hard.

Homer is tough as nails, fast, reliable and does every **** thing right! He doesn't look big (at least not last year) but he can wear down a D if fed enough.

Both are good but I'm going with homer.. for obvious reasons! FSU will get stomped by is this year. Dont think it should be close at all!! Last year we were 'finding ourselves '. This year we are on the verge of something special. They cant keep up with us. And their bozo coach will be exposed. Hes their AG!!

Advertisement
Homer is definitely disrespected, Homer got less votes than for All-ACC RB than KirVonte Benson did last year, which is kind of ridiculous. He's rarely mentioned in the best RB's nationally.

I like Homer better, but can understand the argument for Akers. Akers did have a good year for a true freshman, and should be better this year.

I think Akers is getting a little too much love, largely based on him being the #1 RB recruit coming out of HS. Sometimes the reputation can be worth more than the production.

I think Homer's more versatile when you include His catching ability, but Akers is the better pure RB outta the 2.

On one of His long runs vs us, He shed Joe Jackson like He didn't exist, and ran McCloud over.

He's basically all they had last year on O, especially after Francois went down.

Kid's a stud.

There was plenty of talent on that FSU squad plenty of 4 and 5 star talent don’t forget jimbo crooted at a high level... maybe akers was like the rest of those prima donnas

Advertisement
Akers is a stud no doubt but so too is Homer. I wouldn’t sleep on either one of them. Each has their forte and running ability, and both fit well into their offensive systems. No reason to think both won’t do exceptionally well this season

There was nothing Akers did last year to say he’s definitively better than Travis homer. It’s facts, Travis was the more efficient and productive player out of the two. It’s not like we had an elite group blocking in front of homer either.

Advertisement
Back