Hodges Commits

Advertisement
This will be one player to watch the rest of this season and if he does come here to see how he actually develops and plays. Development and production on the field will be the only true way to determine the wisdom of this pick as with all other players.

Last year we took demarious good and watched his development. He didint develop at cb so we dropped him. If he would have with his measurables it woulda been a big hit. U definitely dont wanna be dropping kids often but taking a hit or miss guy this early and seeing how he develops isnt a bad thing
He never played the position

Advertisement
“He was at another school before here (Chaminade) but he’s got 21, 22 offers, has put on 20 pounds since last season and ran track so he’s gotten faster,” McClary said. “He runs the 40 in 4.50, 4.51 now. Plus he’s bought into the coaching here and has really become a leader, is maturing.”

McClary also said a big part of Hodges’ game is simply “his passion, that he loves to compete, always wants to be the best.”

Does the coach think Hodges can have an early role at UM?

“The way his technique is I believe so,” McClary said. “Talking with coach Rumph yesterday they think so. He’s going against the best receiver every game and is our man corner on that back side.”

He has been practicing and running track this season which is excellent. The one drawback if that his best 100m is 11.99. That is almost 12 seconds in the 100m dash. That is not division one long speed for sure and matches the 4.89-40 much better than the claim of a recent 4.51--40. As a comparison Bandy at the National Combine posted a 4.51 and he had run in track the 100m is almost 11.0 in high school.

https://fl.milesplit.com/athletes/pro/8645432/stats

McClary also said a big part of Hodges’ game is simply “his passion, that he loves to compete, always wants to be the best.”
Never even read this before, but as I said in my last comment, his passion is what pops off the screen. Definitely a Miami kid. Dawg 3 🌟 > soft 4 🌟. Everytime. We need those "we ain't scared of u b*tch" type players. We need a team full of Nesta's.

Advertisement
sunshine pumpers, where are you at?
lets hear the homerism..........

1. don't worry he has that south florida dog in him
2. we rather have the south florida 3 star because he would be 4 star in another state
3. we only wants guys who want to be here
4. hes a diamond in the rough, we are lucky to get him before he blows up
5. you guys didn't play football so lets leave the evals to the coaches

He has been practicing and running track this season which is excellent. The one drawback if that his best 100m is 11.99. That is almost 12 seconds in the 100m dash. That is not division one long speed for sure and matches the 4.89-40 much better than the claim of a recent 4.51--40. As a comparison Bandy at the National Combine posted a 4.51 and he had run in track the 100m is almost 11.0 in high school.

Something does not gel well here. It appears that it is recorded facts vs opinions and emotions. Whether he can play the position with his abilities remains to be seen but one apparent fact that is emerging at this time his overall speed in not what some claim or wish it to be. Hope I am wrong. This kid has been put in the hot seat. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Advertisement

The actual facts do not make it look so good. Let's hope there is some drastic improvement in the next year. Desire and toughness are great but can carry one only so far.

There just seems to be a lot of double standards going on in here. Everyone is constantly complaining that we overlook solid local prospects to go after bigger fish nationally. Historically, these national kids go elsewhere and we are stuck with our d*cks in our hands in February. So the minute we take a local commitment, the contrarians are out in full force complaining that we could have taken his commitment later.

I understand the speed concerns - 4.89 is rough - but if his coach is saying he's running a 4.5, it's probably somewhere in between. Let's not make like this kid sucks either. He's a solid 3 star prospect with offers from programs like West Virginia, Syracuse, UCF, Kentucky and Washington State - all programs that finished in the Top 25 last year.

Again, i'm not doing cartwheels or anything over the commitment, but as a part of a larger class of CB's, I'm completely fine with the take.

Advertisement
That's a lie.

Plenty of slow *** CB's have excelled. Quincy Wilson. Tarbor. Tavares McFadden. Josh Norman. Even Richard Sherman is only a 4.6 guy.
Depends on what you're asking your CB to do.
We are asking our corners to play a lot of man. A ridiculously high percentage of man on an island.

Advertisement
Back