Hodges Commits

Advertisement
200.gif

Ivins said from what he has heard the kid has never ran track or really lifted weights. That would explain the 40. Seems he has some physical development to do.
You can just tell from looking at him that his body looks really underdeveloped and if he could put on 15lbs of muscle you would see exponentially better combine numbers, thats why i'm really not worried.

Advertisement
One thing for sure, the coaches have done a great job evaluating and developing defensive backs. MJ grew up in Bama and we got in and turned him into an All-ACC player. Redwine came in as a twig as CB and left a physical S that can play in the box and deep. JJ was JJ (came in a local legend and did not disappoint).

In the modern bag era, we need to adjust and develop quality athletes. We also need to get on guys early and stop playing catchup with kids just hours away from campus. Its always better to take a kid now instead of begging him to visit in January (which I think we all have gotten too use to) Love the pickup and definitely cant go against the lineage.

Again, WELCOME TO THE U !!!!!

Advertisement
Y'all loved Blades...and he was a rotational CB who couldn't run either. Hodges is probably longer and more athletic.
Blades ran track and primarily the 400 meters for stamina but reached the national elite standard of 49.50. But more important ran as a senior one (1) 100m early in the year in 11.18. Probably would have exceeded that time if he had continued running it through the season.
So that bull feeces about him not being able to run is just that.
https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=10965468

Last edited:
Advertisement
You can just tell from looking at him that his body looks really underdeveloped and if he could put on 15lbs of muscle you would see exponentially better combine numbers, thats why i'm really not worried.

Seems pretty similar to Redwine. IIRC Redwine had a high 4.7 40 in HS. 4 years of S&C later and he was in the 4.4s.

Most people would have been okay with Harrell from Central in the class, and he ran a 4.98 40 at the Army Game combine. So I dont really get the overreactions for Hodges

Advertisement
Seems pretty similar to Redwine. IIRC Redwine had a high 4.7 40 in HS. 4 years of S&C later and he was in the 4.4s.

Most people would have been okay with Harrell from Central in the class, and he ran a 4.98 40 at the Army Game combine. So I dont really get the overreactions for Hodges

Speaking of just numbers/meaasurables only-
Sheldrick 6-1 was heavier boned and weight 183 at his combine. He also had a recorded combine vertical jump of well over 35 inches.
In track Redwine in the one meet he entered as a senior in HS ran the 100m in 11.30 into a headwind and the 200m in 22.69.
Hodges did post a good short shuttle of 4.35. As Ivins was stating on 247 he does not have long speed but has quickness.
Harrell I was never much impressed with.
If the commitment sticks this will be an interesting player to follow. I hope he does succeed.

Last edited:
Was waiting for Coach Macho on this one.

I like the kid. He has raw physical attributes that you can’t teach. Someone posted a video of him doing a box jump a month ago. He’s got natural explosion so he will get faster and his VJ will improve.

Also he’s 6’3. And long as ****. Someone mentioned Redwine and I’ll bet that’s what the coaches saw when they evacuated him.

You take him all day IMO. He can be developed if trust Feeney and Rumph which we all should at this point as fans.

Was waiting for Coach Macho on this one.

I like the kid. He has raw physical attributes that you can’t teach. Someone posted a video of him doing a box jump a month ago. He’s got natural explosion so he will get faster and his VJ will improve.

Also he’s 6’3. And long as ****. Someone mentioned Redwine and I’ll bet that’s what the coaches saw when they evacuated him.

You take him all day IMO. He can be developed if trust Feeney and Rumph which we all should at this point as fans.
Was measured at 6-1 in February Opening at the U. He did post a good 4.35 short shuttle.
https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Hodges-46080080/

Advertisement
Back