Hodges Commits

4.89 40?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Listen Couch is a baller, I understand that. But he is like 140. The kid needs to get on a nutrition plan and get in to a P5 weight training program. That is where he needs to “develop”. I won’t be surprised if he plays this year, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t need development.
He is 170 just said it in a interview today

I think Hodges is the project corner for this staff that they seem to take every year. Bethel, Couch, and Hodges all are players that require some development that this defensive staff has brought on in consecutive years. I think the common denominator is that all of them have been undersized but they all bring a unique athleticism to the table that Rumph is willing to make a long term investment in.
Hodges is not undersized.

Advertisement
I think Hodges is the project corner for this staff that they seem to take every year. Bethel, Couch, and Hodges all are players that require some development that this defensive staff has brought on in consecutive years. I think the common denominator is that all of them have been undersized but they all bring a unique athleticism to the table that Rumph is willing to make a long term investment in.

There’s a huge difference between a kid that needs to add a little weight (Couch) and a kid that is a project because he has no idea how to play the position so is years away (Bethel).

Look we will not be left at the alter. That’s it. The soflo dbs wanna ***** around fine. This kid has potential maybe. Get him on board. He won’t mess around and go after the top targets

He’s a long rangy corner/athlete, I wouldn’t worry to much about the 40 time at the opening none of us witnessed it, kid could have been sick, hurt something, coming back from injury, who knows. Let’s see what senior film looks like. It’s a non binding commitment either way. No need to stress, we will strike out on some but questioning our D players isn’t something I’ll waste my time doing or at least until the D sucks for a year
Bingo.

Advertisement
Couch isn't a project. He needs to add a little weight and that's it.

Hodges plays much faster than his 40 time....
He plays CB like a WR......
Is at his best playing off man.......
does an excellent job of repairing his cushion because of his length and football skill......
I like this pick-up to me this tells me we are doing a very good job of Evaluation by our Recruiting staff of Cooney Van Dyke and Vaughn.....

Advertisement
He's ours, for the moment at least, and deserves far more respect than many are showing.

I didn't even see any of the typical 40 excuses. He had a bad day, was injured, doesn't know how to run it, etc.

The coaches see something. I haven't even seen anything on him, so I don't have an opinion. I know this, highlights in general are pretty routine unless one is one of those super freak recruits. Corner, you really do need game film to see how they flow out there. Y'all are crazy coming to all these conclusions based on some numbers and highlights.

Welcome kid. Get to it, you've got your shot, now take it.

I’ve been critical of the recruiting misses from the defensive staff and how that continues to destroy the depth on the team and requires us to take more and more transfers to fill the void.

BUT, the reason why that is creating a numbers void is because the staff has refused to just say, “f*ck it, offer that guy so we can get somebody.” This staff has only gone after studs and if they can’t get the studs, they don’t really take anybody. They just save the scholarship.

If they are taking this kid in May, it’s not because he’s a Plan B kid or they want to save face after the 2021 decommit. It’s because they think he’s a stud.

I’m not saying he is, I have no idea. Maybe the staff is wrong. But they don’t see him as a reach, because there really is no history of reaches with this staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back