Hodges Commits

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bro sit the fvck down on this one.
I literally just spoke to Miami's defensive staff about press-bail technique last month. You don't know WTF you're talking about.

Press-bail = showing press and bailing to your zone

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/breaking-down-seahawks-press-bail-coverage

sir..

Advertisement
We show press and bail to zone.
I'm not debating this when I just spoke about it with Miami's coaches.
Thats not "press bail" as I know it and have studied it. Different teams have different terminologies and maybe thats how this staff teaches but its the first time I have heard of press bail with zone outside and not inside with man outside.

Advertisement
Thats not "press bail" as I know it and have studied it. Different teams have different terminologies and maybe thats how this staff teaches but its the first time I have heard of press bail with zone outside and not inside with man outside.

Ask yourself this... How is that Pinckney gets so many INT's? He's covering the curl & flat. Our CBs are pressing the WR's and bailing out to cover their deep 3rd. It's all disguised as Man to confuse the QB. So the QB struggles to see our coverage if they don't have a motion call. That blows what our defensive call is 95% of the time.

When you play press-bail...you walk up in a press position and then bail with your eyes on the QB. That's called "zone turning"...aka ZONE coverage. If it was pure man, your eyes would be on the WR and you'd turn towards him.

Advertisement
Ask yourself this... How is that Pinckney gets so many INT's? He's covering the curl & flat. Our CBs are pressing the WR's and bailing out to cover their deep 3rd. It's all disguised as Man to confuse the QB. So the QB struggles to see our coverage if they don't have a motion call. That blows what our defensive call is 95% of the time.
My man you just agreed with me twice. Not only did I say that we play zone on the inside (Pinckney) but I also said that we occasionally bail to a cover 3... both points you just agreed with. Our linebackers usually play zone with the striker being the most involved in man coverage as well as the safeties.

Man y'all gotta get off this combine bullsh!t. It's the first thing y'all talk about when we recruit a kid. Y'all act like some fake a$$ Mel Kipers on here. Nobody pays attention to those combine numbers except y'all. Not a single college coach I ever met asks about a kid's combine numbers.

I've had a kid run 4.7 at a combine but then clock a 4.47 his freshman year of college.

Evaluate the film.
P5 schools ain't offering CB's who run 4.8 on film.
Coach what are your thoughts on him as a prospect?

Coach what are your thoughts on him as a prospect?

I like him. I'm sure he has some work to do, but I saw him make some plays (at a tournament) that only a CB with his length and athleticism could make. He's a 6'2" kid who can do standing back-flips in pads. He's athletic, long and he's a Blades. (competitive dawg who likes to work)

Maybe he's not "cream of the crop", but we ain't getting those kids right now. I could see Hodges being a productive player in college if developed properly and put in the right position.

Advertisement
Back