Hodges Commits

Blades ran track and primarily the 400 meters for stamina but reached the national elite standard of 49.50. But more important ran as a senior one (1) 100m early in the year in 11.18. Probably would have exceeded that time if he had continued running it through the season.
So that bull feeces about him not being able to run is just that.
https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=10965468
Macho cannot be considered objective on this subject, fyi.

Advertisement
everyone complaining about this kid's combine numbers should go back and read @Lance Roffers post on correlation between testing and all-conference teams https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/college-footballs-legs-race-part-1.145029/

for CBs here's what he wrote:

based on the one set of numbers we have available, hodges checks the box with his vertical (31"), and blows the short shuttle out of the water (4.35). he doesn't check the 40 box (4.89) but it's from a single event and even then it's off by only about a tenth of a second.

according to lance's data, elite elite speed is still what's most often going to lead to an elite corner. but if hodges can shave his 40 time down a hair he hits the other marks for a prospect with all-conference potential. i'll quote lance again:

At this position there appear to be two types: Either a freak speed athlete who is two or more standard deviations above the mean, or long and rangy CB’s with the arm-length to jam and play the ball away.

hodges is not the first but based on his film and testing numbers he could definitely be the second

Last edited:
Wtf were most of you guys that are criticizing him watching?

The kid shows excellent short area quickness and burst. He has excellent hips. Also fantastic instincts at diagnosing plays and breaking on passes.

He has much potential to get faster and stronger. I think that he has very high upside from watching his highlight tape.

He will probably not be a contributor his first couple of years, but after that...watch out.

I look forward to the long line of crow eaters that will be eating their words, just like with Redwine. You mouth breathers never learn.

If I’m wrong about the kid, then it is I who will gladly have me a few servings of crow.

Bon Appetit, Bytches!

Advertisement
He looks like a stud safety to me. Put on some size, get his 40 to the 4.6s, and his measurable scare better than Jaquan’s with those ball skills and ranginess.

His film is good for the most part. The question is how does he project to the next level if he has to cover faster, shiftier receivers? I'd like to see him in 1on1s this summer to make conclusions.

Advertisement
I’ve been critical of the recruiting misses from the defensive staff and how that continues to destroy the depth on the team and requires us to take more and more transfers to fill the void.

BUT, the reason why that is creating a numbers void is because the staff has refused to just say, “f*ck it, offer that guy so we can get somebody.” This staff has only gone after studs and if they can’t get the studs, they don’t really take anybody. They just save the scholarship.

If they are taking this kid in May, it’s not because he’s a Plan B kid or they want to save face after the 2021 decommit. It’s because they think he’s a stud.

I’m not saying he is, I have no idea. Maybe the staff is wrong. But they don’t see him as a reach, because there really is no history of reaches with this staff.

Very good insight, but we have a new staff and coach. I understand Manny was a major part of the team but Richt called the shots, so while a well thought of take I think it’s unfair until we see how Manny runs this team

If he’s a true 4.89 we wouldn’t take him. Simple as that. Obviously something was up with that one time when he ran. Same as McIntosh last year. Miami, Georgia, Oklahoma, etc. wouldn’t have been trying to get him if that was his true time.

Sometimes it takes a little critical thinking. I know that can be tough for some, but just give it a try.

Advertisement
On TOS his coach said he recently ran a 4.5 and 4.51. Obviously I don't know how accurate that is based off his 4.89 but let's call it 4.7 right now
That sounds about right, if it isn't laser time an a high school coach is telling u what his kid ran majority of the time u add 0.2s and it would be accurate. That being said he knocked off 0.2s fairly quick and ince he gets in that weight room he will probably get even faster.

Advertisement
A lot of people missed the point. Kid clearly plays with passion and emotion, something Manny and the director of player personal said they will be looking for in recruits. I would rather have a dawg 3 🌟 star like this than a soft 4 🌟 that will get in college and not be physical enough. Intimidation is a real thing in football. Kid is definitely a Miami type player.

On TOS his coach said he recently ran a 4.5 and 4.51. Obviously I don't know how accurate that is based off his 4.89 but let's call it 4.7 right now
4.51 with his length we could work with that I hope thoes times are accurate.

“He was at another school before here (Chaminade) but he’s got 21, 22 offers, has put on 20 pounds since last season and ran track so he’s gotten faster,” McClary said. “He runs the 40 in 4.50, 4.51 now. Plus he’s bought into the coaching here and has really become a leader, is maturing.”

McClary also said a big part of Hodges’ game is simply “his passion, that he loves to compete, always wants to be the best.”

Does the coach think Hodges can have an early role at UM?

“The way his technique is I believe so,” McClary said. “Talking with coach Rumph yesterday they think so. He’s going against the best receiver every game and is our man corner on that back side.”

Advertisement
Back