Ho hum

Spread them out, lots of PRO and read option to constantly freeze the defensive for a split second. Running lots of tempo helps too. And don't try to go hat on hat and bully the man in front of you.
That's how the rest of the country masks it.
Basically do the exact opposite of richt offense and it should help mask the weaker o line

Advertisement
People dumping on Kennedy need to stop. The kid isn't strong enough to be the anchor LT we hoped. But the fact he's our only option at Center with Gaynor nicked up shows he's doing more than some of the other guys who've been on roster for 2-4 years. I hope dsdd is right and he settles in at RT once Gaynor gets back. IMO, he still has the best feet and balance on the OL, and if we're going zone blocking, that's essential.

Where the heck is Reed? That kid was a monster. Is it bad weight or off-field that's holding him back?

Last edited:
People dumping on Kennedy need to stop. The kid isn't strong enough to be the anchor LT we hoped. But the fact he's our only option at Center with Gaynor nicked up shows he's doing more than some of the other guys who've been on roster for 2-4 years. I hope dsdd is right and he settles in at RT once Gaynor gets back. IMO, he still has the best feet and balance on the OL, and if we're going zone blocking, that's essential.

Where the heck is Reed? That kid was a monster. Is it bad weight or off-field that's holding him back?
Nothing personal against the kid but I was very skeptical of Kennedy coming from a program like Butler, being able to just magically solve our issues at LT. I figured that he would struggle to adjust to the huge jump in talent and speed especially against our DL. What surprised me however is his apparent lack of strength. The most surprising part of that is that I had assumed that our staff would have a decent idea of the kids strength before he got here. At this point if Kennedy can provide good depth at C while pushing Campbell for the RT spot I would be very happy.

LT Scaife
LG Reed
C Gaynor
RG Donaldson
RT Campbell

I believe the above is most likely our best starting 5. They are talented but young and inexperienced and at OL experience working together as a unit is something that could never be overstated. There is no sugar coating that Barry has his work cut out for him to get these kids ready to be a cohesive unit by August 24th. Enos must also scheme around this weakness as well as he can. Just remember that there is no magic scheme that will completely hide a porous OL. I do think that we will see this OL outperform the relatively low expectations we have for them for one simple reason. Coaching! As on OC, Enos is literally light years ahead of Richt and that will show. I believe we will be able to mask any weakness on the OL just enough to be able to buy them time to gel.

Advertisement
Back