Hmmmm.... Very telling

Unlike other years, we had FSU on the ropes. We were putting a hurting on them, and we ****ed it away. Last season was a heartbreaker of a loss, especially since it was the last chance to beat them for many of the team leaders.
The players have quit on golden every year he's been here and it's for so many reasons. To point to FSU and say we quit because of that game is dumb. Last season players were teetering on quitting many times before then. Same with all of Als previous seasons here.
I'm not even sure what you are tying to argue or prove. Even assuming your flawed premise is true, Al Golden and company are still responsible for getting the team physically and psychologically ready to play after big losses.

I'm not even going to assume you are implying that we would have won out or finished significantly better but for the FSU loss, because that requires a leap in logic which I am going to give the benefit of the doubt you wouldn't take.

Advertisement
Alright, I get that, I'm just saying we DOMINATED those teams, which I think are all as good as, or better, than the three teams we lost to. The turning point was the FSU loss. Unlike 2013 when we simply hadn't been tested going into FSU, we had been tested early and often going into the FSU game. We looked incredibly flat down the stretch, and it had nothing to do with the competition level increasing after FSU. We played all of our tough games before FSU. Again, that is why last season was a COMPLETE failure in my eyes. When we should have won out after FSU, we packed it in.

It's not the barely beat those teams. We whooped them. I can see the "win some, lose some" had we just scraped by. We destroyed VT and NC, especially. You don't destroy average teams, then look as horrible as we did three games in a row unless the team quit. They quit. That's on the coaching staff for losing the team. Had we beaten FSU, do you think we lose any of those games down the stretch? I think we could have, for sure, but I also think we see a **** of a lot more fire had we taken that step up and beaten FSU like we SHOULD HAVE.

The FSU was a turning point this year, big time.
I disagree with this if talking about last season. We beat BETTER teams than the teams we lost to after the FSU game. 2013, sure, we played cupcakes before FSU. That wasn't the case last year, as we ended the season with three VERY mediocre teams after FSU. That's why last season was such a failure, in my opinion. Had we won out after FSU, it would have been a decent step forward. Instead, we completely, COMPLETELY, packed it in. That was not the same team we saw against Cincy, Duke, VT or NC in our last three games.
Not telling at all. Every year we open up with cupcakes then as we play more competent teams we lose

while I agree that it looked like the team had packed it in, we are splitting hairs. VT, Cincy, and UNC were ****ty teams just like UVA and Pitt.

beat some ****ty teams, lose to some ****ty teams. thats what ****ty teams do

Looks like someone is secretly hoping Golden can still get it together when all the evidence suggest otherwise. There is no mailing it in after the fsu game this coaching is just plain garbage. Miami has good enough players for a better showing the coaching staff just sucks. Golden is the worst hc in Miami football history.

Last edited:
Unlike other years, we had FSU on the ropes. We were putting a hurting on them, and we ****ed it away. Last season was a heartbreaker of a loss, especially since it was the last chance to beat them for many of the team leaders.
The players have quit on golden every year he's been here and it's for so many reasons. To point to FSU and say we quit because of that game is dumb. Last season players were teetering on quitting many times before then. Same with all of Als previous seasons here.

A lot of teams had fsu on the ropes last year not just Miami. You would have a point if Miami were the only team to play them close but a bevy of teams did. Just face it, golden sucks. He's easily the worse coach of the modern Miami football era and an argument can made that he is the worst coach in Miami history by a wide margin.

lets not forget the weak OOC games are in the first half of they year. 10-12 is consistent with their ACC average.

You're right. Had we been able to fend off a few unfortunate bounces and win that FSU game, I think the ncaa might have reversed the 3 losses that we had prior to that game. We might have gone undefeated had we not had our guts ripped out like that.

Seems like every team that FSU beats automatically goes in the toilet. Look at Clemson. They lost that close game to FSU and didn't win another the whole season.

Advertisement
If you don't think that team quit after the FSU game you're crazy. I know we all hate Golden, but the entire program quit after that game.

Even if you're right, and the entire program quit, how does that look? Do we want quitters running the program? C'mon now.

What's with the "hmmm" in your posts?

No matter how you look at this nonsensical statistic it still leads to the conclusion that Golden is an inept coach. Either he can't sufficiently utilize his talent (including a roster loaded with NFL players) to beat mediocre teams, or he can't motivate them to not quit after a losing to a rival. In either case, he's an abject failure.

Ask yourself this, would Harbaugh, Saban, Meyer, Malzahn, Barnett, etc... ever need to use a similar statistic to rationalize their failures?

His consistent failure against our biggest rival only further highlights how far the program has fallen.

And one more thing, do you think the pre-FSU record is acceptable at Miami? We should not be a program that is proud of winning 2/3 of its games. That is horrendous for the type of talent that grows in S. Florida.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's no **** secret this Cane fan wants us to win regardless of whom the flipping coach is. Wins are ALL I want.
Alright, I get that, I'm just saying we DOMINATED those teams, which I think are all as good as, or better, than the three teams we lost to. The turning point was the FSU loss. Unlike 2013 when we simply hadn't been tested going into FSU, we had been tested early and often going into the FSU game. We looked incredibly flat down the stretch, and it had nothing to do with the competition level increasing after FSU. We played all of our tough games before FSU. Again, that is why last season was a COMPLETE failure in my eyes. When we should have won out after FSU, we packed it in.

It's not the barely beat those teams. We whooped them. I can see the "win some, lose some" had we just scraped by. We destroyed VT and NC, especially. You don't destroy average teams, then look as horrible as we did three games in a row unless the team quit. They quit. That's on the coaching staff for losing the team. Had we beaten FSU, do you think we lose any of those games down the stretch? I think we could have, for sure, but I also think we see a **** of a lot more fire had we taken that step up and beaten FSU like we SHOULD HAVE.

The FSU was a turning point this year, big time.
I disagree with this if talking about last season. We beat BETTER teams than the teams we lost to after the FSU game. 2013, sure, we played cupcakes before FSU. That wasn't the case last year, as we ended the season with three VERY mediocre teams after FSU. That's why last season was such a failure, in my opinion. Had we won out after FSU, it would have been a decent step forward. Instead, we completely, COMPLETELY, packed it in. That was not the same team we saw against Cincy, Duke, VT or NC in our last three games.
Not telling at all. Every year we open up with cupcakes then as we play more competent teams we lose

while I agree that it looked like the team had packed it in, we are splitting hairs. VT, Cincy, and UNC were ****ty teams just like UVA and Pitt.

beat some ****ty teams, lose to some ****ty teams. thats what ****ty teams do

Looks like someone is secretly hoping Golden can still get it together when all the evidence suggest otherwise. There is no mailing it in after the fsu game this coaching is just plain garbage. Miami has good enough players for a better showing the coaching staff just sucks. Golden is the worst hc in Miami football history.

I'm not defending Golden here. Sweet baby Jesus. He lost the **** team! How is that a ringing endorsement of Al Golden?

A lot of teams had fsu on the ropes last year not just Miami. You would have a point if Miami were the only team to play them close but a bevy of teams did. Just face it, golden sucks. He's easily the worse coach of the modern Miami football era and an argument can made that he is the worst coach in Miami history by a wide margin.

Imagine that, an FSU fan who defends Al Golden....

THERE'S YOUR ANSWER, PEOPLE.

Advertisement
Doesn't surprise me that one of the worst posters on the site makes one of the worst threads in the history of the site.

If you're still imagining, dreaming, inventing, concocting, and devising excuses for Golden at this point...you're not just not a Canes fan and are simply here to troll.

If you're not trolling, go root for another team with your loser, excuse making mentality.

Didn't mean to down vote... I agree with you... We keep making so many excuses... And I tired of the we had fsu on the ropes talk... So did about 10 other teams... I don't even here Florida make this argument and they shut fsu offense down...

Lets be clear: We did NOT lose to UVA and Pitt because of the FSU game. We lost because al golden changed his defensive scheme back to his shell scheme.

The players realized it and gave an amount of effort that was commensurate with that bull**** scheme.

Advertisement
Imagine that, an FSU fan who defends Al Golden....

THERE'S YOUR ANSWER, PEOPLE.

That's the only explanation for characters like brock and HulkaCaniac...they are either smart FSU/UF fans or retarded UM fans.

If I were a UF/FSU fan...I'd be going out of my way to defend Golden as well. Why on earth would they want him to leave?

The games they lost before FSU were on the road vs actual decent teams (LVille,Nebraska and GTECH). If we beat FSU there is no way we lose any of those last 2 regular season games and I think we would have beat South Carolina. They quit because they had nothing to play for (The older guys). You can blame Golden as he should be held accountable, but it would not have mattered who was coaching that team after FSU, all 3 games would have been losses with any coach.

If you don't think that team quit after the FSU game you're crazy. I know we all hate Golden, but the entire program quit after that game.

and they already lost three games prior to the FSU game so you not making a point. they needed a miracle in order to win the coastal even before the FSU game.

Advertisement
Back