Hightower question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Look we had kids stick it out through one of the worst years I’ve ever seen from our Canes.
not sure how fair it is to the kids who stayed solid
Though I'm no Brian Hightower hater by any means and I sympathize with why he transferred, I agree with you on this, storm. It sends a terrible message to those who stuck it out through likely the same level of frustrations. And it's not like bringing JT4 or Tate back after they quit did us any good. We don't want to foster an attitude in the locker room that it's ok to quit if you're frustrated. And bringing people back after they quit (especially midseason), unquestionably sends that message. If I were the decision maker, we wouldn't do that anymore. Period. Regardless of who it is.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Except when its your lady telling you how many dudes she banged when you were on vacation
1579633248347.gif

Advertisement
Stubbs was not a good fit at Miami and corny at the same time plus enos offense why wouldn’t he think about leaving? All of those problems are gone and if you do bring Hightower back he doesn’t count as a scholarship limit in this class and let’s face it, we need receivers, only like 7 on scholarship right now which is extremely low For a college program at ANY level. Teams all around the country bring kids back in their program all the time if they enter the portal, is what it is. I hope it happens

Advertisement
Advertisement
Stubbs was not a good fit at Miami and corny at the same time plus enos offense why wouldn’t he think about leaving? All of those problems are gone and if you do bring Hightower back he doesn’t count as a scholarship limit in this class and let’s face it, we need receivers, only like 7 on scholarship right now which is extremely low For a college program at ANY level. Teams all around the country bring kids back in their program all the time if they enter the portal, is what it is. I hope it happens
I mean..I would too..just not 5 games into the season..he quit bro. Simp as that. If I’m manny I’d give it a hard no..we were 2-3 with him..finished 4-4 without..at least with Jeff you could say the upside was worth..with BH from what saw from him while here, he won’t be missed..wish nephew the best tho..but bye Felicia..plus I want King wearing number 7😊

My GUESS is that if Hightower was interested in coming back he would have enrolled today to participate in Spring practice. Absent that it is unlikely that he wanted to return.

if you do bring Hightower back he doesn’t count as a scholarship limit in this class and let’s face it, we need receivers, only like 7 on scholarship right now
That's a really good point. So then it becomes principle vs value. And is this is the principle hill you want to die on? Maybe, maybe not. I see both sides. But I have a hard time getting past the point stormbrewing made above. What does someone like JT4 or Tate walking away midseason and then being allowed to come back and play say to those who were equally as frustrated by the situation last year but stuck it out and didn't quit? It would erode the mentality of those types, IMO, big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back