Highsmith Rumor

Advertisement
I get that no one would want Mike Shula as HC, but is there really a need for all this hate?

I mean, he did make Urban Meyer cry, after all...

I agree with you but think it's most important on the HEAD COACH front

Highsmith has some interesting qualifications...Overall I would be leery, but I think he would bring some things and an understanding of the local student athlete scene as well as organizationals skills and serious NFL connections that I hope he has gained.

His first test would be to NOT HIRE A MIAMI GUY as the head coach. And I hope through all his experience he would realize that there is basically no direct co-relation between being a good player and a good coach.

I would consider Highsmith and pray he looks outside the UM circle for a head coach. Hiring within is killing us.

Just a general question but how in touch with the local scene can a guy be who hasn’t lived in Miami in over 10+ years. A lot changes. NFL connections don’t mean much and neither does his scouting background. He’s not going to get the kids drafted nor is he out scouting and offering recruits.

I also don’t think a lot of the posters here understand what the AD actually does. 75% of the job is kissing *** to donors/BOT.

I don’t doubt Zo has the organization skills or the people skills to be successful eventually but I want someone witty experience in college athletics so this doesn’t end up like Lynn Swann at SC.

Advertisement
What does Blake James? Nothing he was the head of ticket sales at University of Maine before being AD at Miami. You hire Asst. AD and other positions to cover your weaknesses just as any successful manager should and does. Are people really this stupid?

and how is that working out for us across the board?

Advertisement
Was on the fence about Highsmith considering he’s not a college guy and seems to have no experience with the fundraising aspect. But if he retains Jesse Marks I’m very on board with the hire. I’ve spoken with him several times and he is not part of the problem. Guy is a well connected money printing machine down here in South Florida. He’s the guy responsible for putting it all together for the IPF.

Advertisement
If the man can be a GM at the NFL level he certainly can be an AD at UM. The football team is on life support. The program needs an NFL mind to save this unmitigated disaster.

The two jobs aren't the same, but if people repeat it enough here, it becomes fact.

Advertisement
That’s going on now.
Yep for 15 years it sure has.I was really hoping Manny was going to end it.what's so sad is we are stuck with him for at least another year.don't know about you but I feel this is one bad nightmare that keeps reoccurring nightly with no end.

and how is that working out for us across the board?
Well the Tennis team won nationals, we put divers into the olympics, our women's soccer team is doing well the Bball team until the FBI crap was doing well and had won the ACC(something football hasnt done), baseball made it back to a decent team last year and looks to be a good team this year, and football is an utter disgrace. The point I was making is that If this school is going to make sports a priority then get someone who knows how to run a sports team and let them bring in other managers/asst ad that will handle the other sports. Most AD around the country dont know every sports needs and run the whole thing by themselves.

Advertisement
Back