Highsmith Rumor

Not after that season though. Some of the best has gotten fired. Pete Carrol got fired in NE. Andy Reid got let go in Philadelphia. Everyone gets fired mostly. Some coaches don’t become great unless they get fired at least once so they can learn

shula got fired on the collegiate level already. ill pass. there are better candidates out there esp one that hasnt coached in college as an HC since 2006.

Advertisement
look danny white had no issues hiring a good basketball, football, and baseball coach. a good AD wont either. you dont need an ex player or a football only guy to be a successful AD. you just need someone competent and someone who the BOT lets have power.

also a guy who isnt bringing their friends along (see shula, mike and BOT hiring manny)

Actually living in Orlando Josh’s huepel was never really actively mentioned during the search. The day they made the announcement and heard Huepel got the job, my first thought was WOW I like it. It would keep the excitement of the offense and he’s a young creative mind.

I’ve been extremely impressed by Danny’s By whites tenure at UCF on all sports ends

Would it be his first time as an AD? I love me some Zo but enough with learning on the job cats, give me someone who has a long list of fixing football programs.
I understand D but he has experience in running NFL Personnel Offices. That’s in the neighborhood. At this point we should be open to anything right? Pause. No Homo

shula got fired on the collegiate level already. ill pass. there are better candidates out there esp one that hasnt coached in college as an HC since 2006.
Yeah I’ll pass too. 😂 I was jus making a statement that he has had some success. But 2nd time around could be the charm🤷🏾‍♂️. **** we ain’t gon get Urban, Bob Stoops etc. They’ve already proven that to us right?

Advertisement
you want another dude who got fired from his previous stops but ***** about our current coach who got fired from one of his previous stops?
That’s not what I’m saying at all Big Dawg. I was just making a point that he has had some success. I’m all about breaking the bank and get the big fish but they’ve proven to us that they won’t. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I don’t want anyone with Miami ties to be the next AD. Let him/her come in and be as non biased as possible in making the decisions to elevate not just football but the other sports.

I feel the same way about whoever the next coach is will be whenever Diaz gets fired.

The Browns are 2-4. No one in that front office is safe. The Canes are better than the unemployment line. Guaranteed job with basically no chance of getting fired but for Blake James level incompetence. So yes, it would make sense for Highsmith to put feelers out. Good to know your options.

Yes Miami is a dream job for some coaches. Some of our own "fans" are worse than UF fans. Leach has said it was a dream job. Butch Davis said its his dream job. Other P5 schools wanted Richt (he was set to interview for UVA), but he chose Miami. It is Cristobal's dream job. It was reported by multiple sources that he had interest and the Soffers were putting up the money for the buyout. No credible source has said that was false. Only people who refuse to believe it are CIS ****ers who love to **** on the program.
Delusional

Advertisement
I don’t want anyone with Miami ties to be the next AD. Let him/her come in and be as non biased as possible in making the decisions to elevate not just football but the other sports.

I feel the same way about whoever the next coach is will be whenever Diaz gets fired.

Listen to this man

Advertisement

I agree with you but think it's most important on the HEAD COACH front

Highsmith has some interesting qualifications...Overall I would be leery, but I think he would bring some things and an understanding of the local student athlete scene as well as organizationals skills and serious NFL connections that I hope he has gained.

His first test would be to NOT HIRE A MIAMI GUY as the head coach. And I hope through all his experience he would realize that there is basically no direct co-relation between being a good player and a good coach.

I would consider Highsmith and pray he looks outside the UM circle for a head coach. Hiring within is killing us.

Advertisement

Other sports seem to be doing MUCH BETTER than Miami. Women's BB, Mens BB, Baseball... all doing better than football.

No, lets make football first and women's cross country last.

Sucking at bama = Championships at Miami

Simple Maths
when will Miami stop hiring incompetent garbage and guys that get fired from other programs for either poor performance or failure to achieve anything (i.e. championships) ?

when will Miami stop hiring incompetent garbage and guys that get fired from other programs for either poor performance or failure to achieve anything (i.e. championships) ?
There’s this guy at Iowa State that would probably fix that...

Advertisement
Back