High School Football Coaches Leaving Florida

Think its bad for football, try being a high school baseball coach. Unless you get a summer gig with a good organization and/or offer lessons (with an outlet to do such) it can be a real struggle for those guys
NC has travel baseball guys on a FT salary w benefits. Wild right?

Advertisement
If they’re offered $100K to do what they do for $50K and say no they’re stupid.
Depends. Some guys aren't leaving family.

I know there's a newer school in Georgia that pursued a couple south florida coaches and wasn't successful for that reason despite offering $80k per year. I think they ended up with someone from the Tampa or Orlando area.

No strike state

Doesn't explain or justify the **** pay, or the expectation that anyone would sign up to do it.

Grass is greener where you water it, and the grass seems to be looking a little greener in Georgia these days.

Money talks.

Advertisement
My homeowner's hasn't changed. I haven't use paid parking in some time, but I understand you don't put coins in the meters any more.

I haven't had any accidents or tickets in at least 10 years, nor has anyone else in my house. We're driving Toyotas, not Lexuses.
My older brothers home owner Insurance skyrocketed in Orlando..my renters insurance went up down here..my car insurance went up from 211 to 260 something..same 2018 honda accord same ****** roads prone to tire blowouts lol

But man The parking here is getting out of hand too.

Where to?
Private school, charters, homeschooling, and those leaving the area entirely (probably in that order).

Many South Florida public schools hemorrhaged students during the first two years of the pandemic. The numbers, thus far, have not recovered to pre-covid levels. That strongly suggests that those who left the public school system during those years have elected not to return.

Now, maybe that gradually changes as those who were not in school during Covid reach high school age. That could take a while to play out.

An article in The Palm Beach Post reveals that Florida high school football coaches are leaving for Georgia. Reasons being better pay and lower living expenses. You wonder why the quality of football and the quantity of quality players have improved in Georgia in recent years. Florida is lagging.
That's been going on for decades

Let’s talk home owner and renters insurance as well as public parking..the lots ain’t get any less tighter and I still paid $20 to park down west palm for Easter brunch..used to get away with giving a guy a loosey & you were good..as for your insurance, your *** can’t drive is what they’re telling you 😂

I have a relative who lives in a Kendall condo. Her monthly HOA went from 300 to over 800 dollars.
It's a decent condo with pool and other amenities but, really?
She's retired with health issues so she is not in a good place.

Advertisement
My older brothers home owner Insurance skyrocketed in Orlando..my renters insurance went up down here..my car insurance went up from 211 to 260 something..same 2018 honda accord same ****** roads prone to tire blowouts lol

But man The parking here is getting out of hand too.
I've noticed the roads have gotten a lot worse.

Never understood how floridians got away with paying teachers so poorly.

Up here teachers earn well over six figures, coupled with a strong union, and amazing benefits.

Down there, you get paid dog **** with a fraction of the benefits.

Makes sense why they are leaving. Hopefully more follow.
Without making this into a political discussion, we’ll just say that Florida used to be a cheap place to live. Salaries across the board (not just teachers) have always been on the lower end but the relatively low cost of living and taxes made up for the lesser salaries. Housing prices went through the roof along with insurance and pretty much everything else here over the last decade or so. Meanwhile, businesses and municipalities got used to paying low wages and wage growth is nowhere near where it needs to be for people to be able to stay.

I have a relative who lives in a Kendall condo. Her monthly HOA went from 300 to over 800 dollars.
It's a decent condo with pool and other amenities but, really?
She's retired with health issues so she is not in a good place.
Insurers know something’s we don’t know here in Florida

Advertisement
It's the cost of claims and litigation. That's the entire issue with the insurance industry in Florida.

Anyone who claims this is easy to address is lying to you. The situation is only likely to get worse.
Oh for sure. It’s gunna get worse. Especially in states prone to weather events..that seems to be everywhere now

Insurers know something’s we don’t know here in Florida

Major issue in her situation is that her condo community is up for the dreaded "40 year inspection" and thus far alot of infrastructure issues have been found in her community and there is the added bonus that millions of dollars supposedly reserved for the condo community upkeep are missing. Someone or some people have run off with the money, it seems, and the residents suspected the condo board which is littered with locals who live elsewhere (surprise, Miami!).

Advertisement
Major issue in her situation is that her condo community is up for the dreaded "40 year inspection" and thus far alot of infrastructure issues have been found in her community and there is the added bonus that millions of dollars supposedly reserved for the condo community upkeep are missing. Someone or some people have run off with the money, it seems, and the residents suspected the condo board which is littered with locals who live elsewhere (surprise, Miami!).
That’s terrible for real. That’s really some Miami ****

My homeowner's hasn't changed. I haven't use paid parking in some time, but I understand you don't put coins in the meters any more.

I haven't had any accidents or tickets in at least 10 years, nor has anyone else in my house. We're driving Toyotas, not Lexuses.
get him crowd GIF by South Park

Oh for sure. It’s gunna get worse. Especially in states prone to weather events..that seems to be everywhere now

My brothers and me have recently taken our mother's business affairs as she lost her husband last year and she has issues with Alzheimers. We have been trying to get insurance for her house and it's been a bytch. Apparently, stepdad/Mom had similar issues several years ago and they simply said "fk it" and stopped trying to getting house in Miami Lakes insured. Clusterphk.

Advertisement
Back