Hi! My Name Is...

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Yes, that’s a Marshall Mathers reference. I’d like to formally introduce myself to the CanesInSight community: my name is Stefan and I’m excited to announce I’ll be taking over the Managing Editor duties on the site.

Like all of you, I’m extremely passionate about all things Miami and I couldn’t imagine not somehow being involved in the sports field. I’m a graduate of UM (Class of 2013) and for the past 10 months have worked over at State of the U (SOTU) covering Miami football and recruiting. You can check out my articles there for some idea of how my content will look and follow me on Twitter @stefan_adams305 for Canes info and riveting personal anecdotes about my dog. But mostly Canes info.

While I don’t have much direct experience with the culture here at CIS, I’m not naïve: I know I have big shoes to fill. The community that has been built here at CIS has a reputation for being something special and we’ll continue to build on the things that make CIS great, while improving on other aspects to help take the site to the next level and be the leaders in Miami sports coverage. We haven’t reached the ceiling; this is only the beginning.

While things might not be run exactly the same way some of you are used to, bear with me, as I’m confident you’ll be able to connect with my content in a way that will leave you excited and ready for the next piece. I can only be the best Stefan I can be, and not anyone else. I can promise you two things: one, you’ll be getting a lot more on-site content, so I hope you’re ready to digest it. Two, I’ll always bring you the latest and greatest in UM sports with a staff that shares my vision for CIS.

Coming with me from SOTU to be my Lead Basketball Writer is Phil Wood. He loves Canes Hoops and is a nerd for that stuff. Treat him as poorly as you’d treat me, but worse. For those that are interested in more basketball content, I can assure you that you’ll be in more than good hands.

I owe a special thanks to Cam Underwood, my boss at SOTU. He gave me my first shot as a writer and helped me find my voice early on. It was a difficult decision to leave what we were building there, but I knew deep down that this was the right next step for me. I know things will be just fine at SOTU without me as long as Cam is running things. I’d also like to thank Danny (D$) for trusting me with the keys to a Ferrari, even though I’m pretty sure my bagman got me this job. I promise I’ll be more Jimmy Johnson than Larry Coker.

My first two pieces are already in the pipeline and include a comprehensive recap of my coverage of the Rivals 3 Stripe Miami Camp, as well as an interview with a certain 4-star OL at IMG Academy. Look out for that shortly.

Also, I’ll be expanding the writing staff here at CIS, so if you or somebody you know is interested in writing for us, check out the posting I’ll have up later today for more details.

In sum: I’m young, I’m passionate, and I’m hungry.

Let’s eat.

Advertisement
Yes, that’s a Marshall Mathers reference. I’d like to formally introduce myself to the CanesInSight community: my name is Stefan and I’m excited to announce I’ll be taking over the Managing Editor duties on the site.

Like all of you, I’m extremely passionate about all things Miami and I couldn’t imagine not somehow being involved in the sports field. I’m a graduate of UM (Class of 2013) and for the past 10 months have worked over at State of the U (SOTU) covering Miami football and recruiting. You can check out my articles there for some idea of how my content will look and follow me on Twitter @stefan_adams305 for Canes info and riveting personal anecdotes about my dog. But mostly Canes info.

While I don’t have much direct experience with the culture here at CIS, I’m not naïve: I know I have big shoes to fill. The community that has been built here at CIS has a reputation for being something special and we’ll continue to build on the things that make CIS great, while improving on other aspects to help take the site to the next level and be the leaders in Miami sports coverage. We haven’t reached the ceiling; this is only the beginning.

While things might not be run exactly the same way some of you are used to, bear with me, as I’m confident you’ll be able to connect with my content in a way that will leave you excited and ready for the next piece. I can only be the best Stefan I can be, and not anyone else. I can promise you two things: one, you’ll be getting a lot more on-site content, so I hope you’re ready to digest it. Two, I’ll always bring you the latest and greatest in UM sports with a staff that shares my vision for CIS.

Coming with me from SOTU to be my Lead Basketball Writer is Phil Wood. He loves Canes Hoops and is a nerd for that stuff. Treat him as poorly as you’d treat me, but worse. For those that are interested in more basketball content, I can assure you that you’ll be in more than good hands.

I owe a special thanks to Cam Underwood, my boss at SOTU. He gave me my first shot as a writer and helped me find my voice early on. It was a difficult decision to leave what we were building there, but I knew deep down that this was the right next step for me. I know things will be just fine at SOTU without me as long as Cam is running things. I’d also like to thank Danny (D$) for trusting me with the keys to a Ferrari, even though I’m pretty sure my bagman got me this job. I promise I’ll be more Jimmy Johnson than Larry Coker.

My first two pieces are already in the pipeline and include a comprehensive recap of my coverage of the Rivals 3 Stripe Miami Camp, as well as an interview with a certain 4-star OL at IMG Academy. Look out for that shortly.

Also, I’ll be expanding the writing staff here at CIS, so if you or somebody you know is interested in writing for us, check out the posting I’ll have up later today for more details.

In sum: I’m young, I’m passionate, and I’m hungry.

Let’s eat.
?

welcome to the jungle!
IMG_0065.GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Welcome, Stefan! It’s nice to hear that you love the Canes — being a 2013 graduate and all — unlike some other UM reporters in south Florida.

I’m looking forward to seeing the content you plan to deliver.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back