Hi 55 Lo 30 Saturday in Charlottesville

Advertisement
I'm a couple hrs East and it has been quite a bit cooler just the last couple days. It was in the 80s last week. Mid 50s and sunny should be good!

South Florida posters are Pussies. If it is 90 it is too hot to go sit through a noon game and if it is 55 its too cold. GTFO. The highest temp in Miami since 1980 is 98. That isn't ****. That is a cool day in the Midwest in the summer when it gets to 105-110 before the heat index on a routine basis.

Advertisement
Lived in south Florida my entire life. There's a huge difference between sitting on a bench when it's 55 and cloudy versus playing a football game when it's 55 and sunny. Those kids will be sweating their asses off out there.

When it's 51 degrees at 5:00 pm when the son is setting, there'll be some dudes with handwarmers on. It won't quite be on the level of the Son Bowl back in 2010 (I was on the field, it was colder than ****) but 51 degrees with no sonlight to warm you is kinda cold.

When it's 51 degrees at 5:00 pm when the son is setting, there'll be some dudes with handwarmers on. It won't quite be on the level of the Son Bowl back in 2010 (I was on the field, it was colder than ****) but 51 degrees with no sonlight to warm you is kinda cold.

The balls are harder, the ground is harder, the hits hurt more. Everything about it sucks. If we had an IPF they could turn the AC down to 50 and get our guys ready. They are practicing this week in the 80's. Thanks Donna.

Advertisement

The game will be ending around that time.

I'm thinking about cancelling my trip and giving my tickets away. I can't go to a game that might dip below 50 degrees. Just not happening.

I'm thinking about cancelling my trip and giving my tickets away. I can't go to a game that might dip below 50 degrees. Just not happening.

Not just you, but the team is thinking about it too. 55 degrees for 200 plus pound men while playing football in the middle of the day is too much of an advantage for UVA. No reason to play the game.

Advertisement

Game could be on the line at that time in the 4th quarter, and our guys will be at a major disadvantage from an elements standpoint. It's just won factor, but it could be a huge won. Could be the difference between a close win or loss at the end.

Game could be on the line at that time in the 4th quarter, and our guys will be at a major disadvantage from an elements standpoint. It's just won factor, but it could be a huge won. Could be the difference between a close win or loss at the end.

Fell for the trolling. Good for you...

Last edited:
Advertisement

Hopefully we put the game away in the first 3 and half quarters where it doesn't come to that. And it's not like we have zero history of playing in cold weather, the Pitt game during thanksgiving a couple of years ago had a 330pm start time and we lit up the scoreboard.

And Stacy Coley nearly died after running that reverse in for a TD because the air was so cold. Hasn't been the same since.

Just stop it already. 55 is not "cold" and will have no affect on the game. Don't care if there are lots of kids from SoFl. Won't affect them either.

Haven't seen a weather thread since App St week...

I guess that's a good thing...

Advertisement
Back