Hi 55 Lo 30 Saturday in Charlottesville

You can always tell the guys who aren't from down here or who live up north. Always the first ones to come thundering in here with their hard hat on preaching about how they used to play football on Mount Everest without any oxygen and would never dream of wearing sleeves unless it was negative 20 below, like anyone here cares that their tolerance for cold weather is higher than anyone else's.

Advertisement
Bunch of fat beer drinkers with thick ankles in Chicago acting like their cold weather tolerance has any bearing on the cold weather tolerance of a bunch of lean kids from Miami who have never been in weather colder than 80 degrees.

Any of you guys live in South Florida?

Even if it's the high of 55 these kids are going to be cold.

We have maybe 10 days all year at 55 or below down here

Nevertheless, we should win

These dudes yap about the heat being to our advantage but can't even concede the simple point rok is making that the cold favors UVA. They want it both ways.

50 degrees is all of a suddenly not cold to these tough guys.

50 degrees may be a little uncomfortable if you are sitting in the stands in something less than a sweatshirt, especially if you are a native Floridian but if you are running around on the field playing the game they should not be bothered at all by the 50 degree temps. It has nothing to do with being a tough guy.

These dudes yap about the heat being to our advantage but can't even concede the simple point rok is making that the cold favors UVA. They want it both ways.

Every won of these tough guys would be out there shivering in down coats.

I was outside today in sunny 52 degree weather yesterday afternoon getting ready for our playoff game on Friday night in a windbreaker and the temperature never even entered my mind. I would be shocked if the players would be affected by these temps. Just my opinion.

Advertisement
After warm ups these guys are going to feel like they're running around in an air conditioned room. 55 degrees in the middle of the day while playing football is heavenly. Even Al Golden's 2013 squad didn't have a problem in their thanksgiving game up at Pitt. I remember they had guys warming up without shirts on.

Zero advantage for Virginia.

I was outside today in sunny 52 degree weather yesterday afternoon getting ready for our playoff game on Friday night in a windbreaker and the temperature never even entered my mind. I would be shocked if the players would be affected by these temps. Just my opinion.

Aren't you in Nebraska or Iowa, Mike? Of course 52 degrees is comfortable to you.

Little story that you northerners might be able to relate to. I grew up in Siberia, and we used to play hockey naked in the dead of winter. I'm talking like 20 below. One time, my sweaty ballbag got stuck to the goal post, and the only way we could detach it from the post without ripping my nuts out was for all the dudes to start peeing on my balls and jerking me off.

That doesn't mean that these Miami dudes are hearty like that though. I see dudes walking around in full body snowsuits down here when it's 60 degrees.

Advertisement
I live in VA.

It was 55 degrees today and everyone here thinks its kinda cold. If there is the slightest wind chill it will be cold to the Floridians for sure.

canes31a_682345a.jpg

Advertisement

Aren't you in Nebraska or Iowa, Mike? Of course 52 degrees is comfortable to you.

Little story that you northerners might be able to relate to. I grew up in Siberia, and we used to play hockey naked in the dead of winter. I'm talking like 20 below. One time, my sweaty ballbag got stuck to the goal post, and the only way we could detach it from the post without ripping my nuts out was for all the dudes to start peeing on my balls and jerking me off.

That doesn't mean that these Miami dudes are hearty like that though. I see dudes walking around in full body snowsuits down here when it's 60 degrees.

Wisconsin actually. I get what you're saying and I can see how it could be somewhat cold for the players, especially the ones not playing much. For the guys actually in the game and running around I can't imagine it having any affect on them or the outcome of the game. I guess the point I am trying to make is that 50 degree temps feel significantly different to someone if he is sitting around doing nothing than it would if he were exerting a lot of energy.

Advertisement
I live in VA.

It was 55 degrees today and everyone here thinks its kinda cold. If there is the slightest wind chill it will be cold to the Floridians for sure.

55 and cloudy and windy? 55, calm with the sun beating down? It makes a difference

LMFAO 55 and Sunny is not cold That is a perfect afternoon for football. Cold was the 50 and pouring rain at VT in 2009 IIRC and the NCST 40 and drizzle in 2008.

Any player from Miami will consider under 60 being cold...

Those same kids have no problem balling out for Green Bay, Chicago, etc.

The cold weather factor suddenly disappears when they start cutting checks.

I've always been amazed by that.

Advertisement
Back