Heurtelou signs with Miami

if we can keep Valentine, Moten, Jenkins.. add Wyche, Hertelou and potentially Cerenord. Wow. Talking about fixing a position.

Then you add the ends in Harris, Thomas, Jackson and keep Smith... Wowsers.

That is 10 on the D line. No Jags, except maybe Cerenord.
If Herteloue is in I can't see us signing Ceronord unless someone decommitts.5 DTs in 1 class is enough,get 2 more good ones next year and we're finally set there.

Advertisement
if we can keep Valentine, Moten, Jenkins.. add Wyche, Hertelou and potentially Cerenord. Wow. Talking about fixing a position.

If Herteloue is in I can't see us signing Ceronord unless someone decommitts. 5 DTs in 1 class is enough,get 2 more good ones next year and we're finally set there.

Disagree. Get as many as possible while not neglecting other positions. Take all the JUCO and HS seniors we can get.

If Herteloue is in I can't see us signing Ceronord unless someone decommitts. 5 DTs in 1 class is enough,get 2 more good ones next year and we're finally set there.

Disagree. Get as many as possible while not neglecting other positions. Take all the JUCO and HS seniors we can get.

Depends on how they feel about Moore's progress tbh.

3 years later....Golden has finally recruited some guys to play DT. Better late than never I guess.

He's absolutely right.

No, he's not. Plenty of DT's have been recruited. Some flamed out, some trolled, some didn't come, some are still developing, but they've always been recruited.

We missed on every DT last year when we had a huge need and demand. That is fact and he is only pointing out the truth that hurts. Outside of this year we haven't gotten any DTs that have had major offers elsewhere and their production has been exposed why. Moten, Valentine, Wyche and Hertoleau aren't in the same class as Corey King, Earl Moore and Darius Smiths coming out of high school or transferring in.

If Herteloue is in I can't see us signing Ceronord unless someone decommitts.5 DTs in 1 class is enough,get 2 more good ones next year and we're finally set there.

There's no so such thing as enough DT's......more, more, more

Advertisement
DT is, by all accounts, down in So Fla next year. Bringing in Cerenord and redshirting him could prove quite prescient, and allow us to naturally build in some of the scholarship penalty. Honestly, I'd like to redshirt Courtel too.

3 years later....Golden has finally recruited some guys to play DT. Better late than never I guess.

He's absolutely right.

No, he's not. Plenty of DT's have been recruited. Some flamed out, some trolled, some didn't come, some are still developing, but they've always been recruited.

We missed on every DT last year when we had a huge need and demand. That is fact and he is only pointing out the truth that hurts. Outside of this year we haven't gotten any DTs that have had major offers elsewhere and their production has been exposed why. Moten, Valentine, Wyche and Hertoleau aren't in the same class as Corey King, Earl Moore and Darius Smiths coming out of high school or transferring in.

WTF are you talking about? The original troll said that DT's haven't been recruited. That was flat out wrong. The rest of the stuff you posted is irrelevant to the OP.

He's absolutely right.

You do realize that ever since Golden set foot onto campus there was this significant recruiting hurdle.

I'm surprised he could convince anybody to come to Miami, when every coach in America was saying, "don't go to Miami. Their program will be shut down after the NCAA gets through with them."

Then the recruit and his family ask Al about Miami's future and his only answer for almost 3 years was, "I don't know.?

How Golden and crew were able to get any players, much less guys like Duke, Tracy, Artie, Chick, Gunter, Bush, AQM, Tyriq etc.,astounds me.

Now with the shackles off we have a consensus top 5 class with studs pretty much from top to bottom.

Advertisement
You guys realize if it wasn't for grades we'd most like have Cory Johnson, Dalvon Stuckey, Heurtelou, Wyche, Moten, Valentine and Jenkins coming in at dt? I think we're doing fine recruiting

First year with the NCAA out of his hair. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. Consider this year one of Goldens tenure without constraints and judge his recruiting accordingly.

Last edited:

He's absolutely right.

WTF are you talking about? The original troll said that DT's haven't been recruited. That was flat out wrong. The rest of the stuff you posted is irrelevant to the OP.

You can't be that slow can you? Took that statement far too literal. Obviously we've recruited DT's, this is just the first time that Golden has actually recruited and got any legit DTs

Advertisement

First year with the NCAA out of his hair. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. Consider this year one of Goldens tenure without constraints and judge his recruiting accordingly.

Oh goodness....here we go with the cloud stuff. It didn't stop us from signing any OL did it? But now you want to conveniently use that excuse for DL.

He's absolutely right.

We did hit on some (2011 and 2012), just not so good so far...

Jalen Grimble (ton of offers and transferred to Oregon State)

Earl Moore (Big offers [besides us]: UF, FSU, Rutgers and UGA)

Jacoby Briscoe (Big offers [besides us]: Tenn, Texas AM and Texas Tech)

2013 was bad but we brought in a scab (Renfrow) and at the last minute.

Oh goodness....here we go with the cloud stuff. It didn't stop us from signing any OL did it? But now you want to conveniently use that excuse for DL.

You do realize that analyst from all over, sources said the cloud caused schools to negatively recruit us and recruits themselves said that the cloud was a factor? Ok, back to your point

Advertisement
DT is, by all accounts, down in So Fla next year. Bringing in Cerenord and redshirting him could prove quite prescient, and allow us to naturally build in some of the scholarship penalty. Honestly, I'd like to redshirt Courtel too.

We might not have enough room in the class to enroll another DT. If DT is down in SF than go out of SF to bring in a DT.

He's absolutely right.

You do realize that ever since Golden set foot onto campus there was this significant recruiting hurdle.

I'm surprised he could convince anybody to come to Miami, when every coach in America was saying, "don't go to Miami. Their program will be shut down after the NCAA gets through with them."

Then the recruit and his family ask Al about Miami's future and his only answer for almost 3 years was, "I don't know.?

How Golden and crew were able to get any players, much less guys like Duke, Tracy, Artie, Chick, Gunter, Bush, AQM, Tyriq etc.,astounds me.

Now with the shackles off we have a consensus top 5 class with studs pretty much from top to bottom.

Amazing. Just.....wow. Pathetic.

Interesting that this article came from the Palm Beach Post, while the herald's obese reporters fight to see who gets to drain Bridgewater's ****.

The hometown paper is just an embarrassment.

Advertisement
Back