Here Is How Miami Can Redshirt All True Freshmen in 2020 - Offense

Advertisement
I’m about to call fish and wildlife because Rok is way over the legal limit for one thread. This man needs a Sunday morning Sun Sports fishing program to host.

OP was discussing RSing every incoming freshman, which won't happen

Can you read?

Can you read the subject line of the thread?

Can you read this:

"With that said, here is how we can redshirt every true freshman on offense while allowing each of them to play in 4 games."

I made the important words big for you. Let us know if you have any questions.

Can you read?

Can you read the subject line of the thread?

Can you read this:

"With that said, here is how we can redshirt every true freshman on offense while allowing each of them to play in 4 games."

I made the important words big for you. Let us know if you have any questions.
That's not happening either kid, and if you think so you are dumber than I thought. And I think (know) you are pretty dumb for the record.

That's nbot happening either kid, and if you think so you are dumber than I thought. And I think (know) you are pretty dumb for the record.

Don't be mad because you're the buffoon with the reading comprehension problem. You misread his post. You are the clown.

Advertisement
OK, slight revision then, play the vets in our 4 OOC games, run up the score, try to crack the Top 25, let all the "man, Enos/Stroud/Stubblefield buried me" guys get 4 games of easy burn...

****, any kid that you THINK might be thinking of transferring, play him in at least 5 games.

And then sprinkle in the true freshmen over the next 8-9 ACC games, while still keeping their redshirts clean...
:jordan: :jordan: :jordan: :jordan:

Man, you are one dim, dim bulb.

Rok started the thread about redshirting the freshmen on offense. I'm in favor of that, assuming there is no pressing need to play them.

Nobody, not once, has ever proposed playing a less-talented upperclassman over a more-talented true freshman. The thread is all about FINALLY having a bit of depth, combined with the loss of spring practice for true freshmen and a rushed fall practice schedule.

I'm sorry that your narrow mind will not allow you to comprehend this very simple proposition.

You are free to resume your clown show now.

Advertisement
We will need Freshman to play on offense at every position but QB/TE. So I have no clue what you are trying to babble about.

It might even be more plausible on defense to be honest:

DL: With 14 DL on the rooster it's easy to redshirt Chantz Williams, Quentin Williams, Elijah Roberts

LB: We only play 2 LBs at a time so Cave and Flagg can probably RS unless injuries occur

DB: Gets trickier because if we were to redshirt all incoming freshmen there would be 9 available DBs, but we could probably get away with RSing 4 DBs.

Im 50/50 with you on that i think freshman will be on for depth purposes but not f4 production!

It's a veteran roster in most spots. It might not seem like it with fewer than 10 seniors but adding King, Roche, Phillips, Bolden, McCloud, Jennings, Joyner, Traore, Borregales, Williams (fingers crossed) as guys who were pretty much out of the equation in 2019 gives us a nice boost.

Advertisement
Another way to view our allotment of talent and to alleviate the impact of Covid-19 on the incoming freshmen is to set the initial depth chart without any true freshmen, as if they don't really exist - and then be especially selective when extracting contributors from the pool of new players as the season progresses.

This would serve the team in a couple ways: 1) by tightening the rotations and ensuring that anyone who sees the field in 2020 is out there because they deserve to be, and 2) it would allow the crop of incoming freshmen the proper time to develop. Whatever half-assed, abbreviated version of training camp and the weeks leading up to it won't be enough for them to adjust to the speed of big-time college football.

1st TeamReservesFreshmen
QB KingPerry / Martell Van Dyke
RB HarrisBurns / ParrottChaney / Knighton
WR HarleyFewRestrepo
WR PopePaytonSmith/Worsham
WR WigginsMalloryRedding
TE JordanHodgesMamarelli
OT Campbell / NelsonHerbertWalker / Washington
OG Scaife / TraoreReed / HilleryRivers
C GaynorClark

There is a 100% one of the 2 RBs play. Look at that depth chart..... Burns gets hurt waking up in the morning, and Parrot :ibis-roflmao-sm3: :ibis-roflmao-sm3: :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

The OL will need at least one to play and WR will need 1, maybe 2. My money is on Redding.

I agree that there's a 100% chance one of the RBs will play. But I wouldn't bury old Bob Burns just yet. He's been healthy the past couple seasons - he's just been behind Homer, Dallas and Harris. He was definitely ahead of Lingard's muthafvckin sorry ***

Advertisement
I agree that there's a 100% chance one of the RBs will play. But I wouldn't bury old Bob Burns just yet. He's been healthy the past couple seasons - he's just been behind Homer, Dallas and Harris. He was definitely ahead of Lingard's muthafvckin sorry ***
I was all Burns when we were recruiting him, he was a SPARQ stud, then he turned into this guy
See the source image

He's been healthy enough to play. I think they uncovered what had been wrong with him and he is now more durable. Sometimes they need to identify where a kid must get stronger to prevent him from getting hurt as often. I want Knighton and Chaney ahead of him TODAY, but I don't think it happens as soon as well all hope.

He's been healthy enough to play. I think they uncovered what had been wrong with him and he is now more durable. Sometimes they need to identify where a kid must get stronger to prevent him from getting hurt as often. I want Knighton and Chaney ahead of him TODAY, but I don't think it happens as soon as well all hope.
I think Knighton's ability to catch gives him a leg up to get snaps in every game we play. That RB depth chart you posted is laughable, likely both of them play more than 4 games if they are healthy.

I think that we have to think about this.

First, D'Eriq King had a lot of runs with Houston. Second, if we integrate a WR into a slot/end-around/occasional RB role, we mix things up as well and are not as reliant on putting 3 RBs on the field per game.

I'm not advocating simply NOT playing either freshman, I'm just saying that there are only so many carries and 1 football to go around. Some of the best-ever Miami RBs were coached by Soldinger, and he wouldn't put a guy on the field unless he could pick up the blocks in the passing game. I'd like to see us get back to those days.

Advertisement
Back