Here is a simple exercise that may interest some...

Advertisement
36. Been a fan since I was 9. Wore Miami starter jackets all through grade school in Kansas City so you can imagine the questions and looks my family would get when they saw their youngest of 7 kids in the middle of Big 12 country wearing Miami gear. May be a bad luck in person fan. Been to 3 games:
‘02 Fiesta Bowl and the two games vs KSU. One in Manhattan and one at Sun Life. All 3 Losses.

Advertisement
42. My brother was visiting and kept telling me “when cartoons go off, I’m watching THE GAME”! I watched football here in there but never sat and watched an entire pregame, game and post game. “Cal wit’ dey’ sorry punkazzz” my brother yelled and waved his white towel. I Sat and watched and by the end of the first quarter, I was a CANE!!! The Bermuda Triangle, Charles Pharms and Wesley Carroll and laughing at Lynn Swann being upset with Randall Hill and our taunting....AAAHHHHHH, GREAT TIMES!!!

Last edited:
48. The OB Jan. 2nd 1984. I remember watching the Canes get their first ring in the living room of our house Palm Beach Gardens with my pops, uncle, grandfather and grandmother who used to take the other two down to the OB in the late 50's and early 60's. That game was a week before we moved to North Carolina. Got up there and all anyone wanted to talk about was basketball. Bunch of weirdos....jk I had exactly one friend from middle school through high school who liked the Canes. I savored every trip back down to see my grandparents and uncle, and get back to "home" territory. My Grandmother used to save all the PB Post articles on the Canes for me. And we were always there on New Years to watch the bowl games together. Good times.
Where did you live in palm beach gardens? I attended the high school and lived there from 2009 til just now and moved to Tennessee. Btw i am 26 and really got into Canes football around 8 years old

Advertisement
40 years old about to be 41, year I became a fan was the 1983 Orange bowl our first national title as it was my first memory of a football game. What I remember most is my tios going absolutely crazy, which is probably why the memory stuck. Lol
Same here. Will be 41 Jan 21st, fan since '83. I remember watching in my grandmother's (RIP) living room.

A lot of us don't know whether poster are old school or young bucks. Let's see, as I am interested as well. I can tell a lot by posts, but this should be interesting.

State your age and year you became a Canes fan.

That is all.

Thanks,

52 yrs old, 1982--Saw all 5 Rings being won and even #6.
49 next week season ticket holder since 80.
Saw all #6 as well.
Plus Dolphin season ticket holder same time.

29 and became a fan during the late 90’s. Didn’t really care about sports up until I met a kid in class who’s family just moved up to Boston from Miami and became my best friend. His family was obsessed and that was the first real taste of watching sports I got and was hooked ever since.

never forget baseball GIF

Canes fan since 88.

First Cane game - Miami at Penn St 1992 - Canes W.

First Canes game at the OB - 2004 vs Semenholes. Frank Gore wins the game in OT with TD run. First year I had season tickets.

Advertisement
After the 83 title game, my parents got season tickets in the WEZ. Two adults and three kids so my sis and I could bring a friend every other game. I didn’t know it at the time, but I wound up recruiting a friend to run cross country there because of it.

I wanna here from the free tickets from Burger King guys.

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back