Here is a simple exercise that may interest some...

troyskiles

[]_[] Forever
A lot of us don't know whether poster are old school or young bucks. Let's see, as I am interested as well. I can tell a lot by posts, but this should be interesting.

State your age and year you became a Canes fan.

That is all.

Thanks,

52 yrs old, 1982--Saw all 5 Rings being won and even #6.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
48. The OB Jan. 2nd 1984. I remember watching the Canes get their first ring in the living room of our house Palm Beach Gardens with my pops, uncle, grandfather and grandmother who used to take the other two down to the OB in the late 50's and early 60's. That game was a week before we moved to North Carolina. Got up there and all anyone wanted to talk about was basketball. Bunch of weirdos....jk I had exactly one friend from middle school through high school who liked the Canes. I savored every trip back down to see my grandparents and uncle, and get back to "home" territory. My Grandmother used to save all the PB Post articles on the Canes for me. And we were always there on New Years to watch the bowl games together. Good times.

42, I remember hearing the cheers and seeing the blimp from my house. My aunt got married to a man, who had the family pack (2 adults/3 kids) for the west endzone. He would take his son and I since the late 80’s. Been a fan ever since!!

Advertisement
A lot of us don't know whether poster are old school or young bucks. Let's see, as I am interested as well. I can tell a lot by posts, but this should be interesting.

State your age and year you became a Canes fan.

That is all.

Thanks,

52 yrs old, 1982--Saw all 5 Rings being won and even #6.
40 years old about to be 41, year I became a fan was the 1983 Orange bowl our first national title as it was my first memory of a football game. What I remember most is my tios going absolutely crazy, which is probably why the memory stuck. Lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
i'm 17 and just started rooting for the canes

Getting Old 30 Rock GIF

Advertisement
Back