Here is a simple exercise that may interest some...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
33 - Birth
Earliest memories are piling into my moms Astro van at Eureka park(SW 184th St and 117th Ave) to watch those early 90’s canes noles games. My dad was a Pop Warner coach at the time so all my saturdays as a young boy were spent at Pop Warner games either playing or watching. We always had a small tv with an antenna to catch the big canes games.

37...became a Canes fan in college. I didn’t watch much sports outside of the Dallas Cowboys. My dad was a lifelong fan and in turn, I became one. Didn’t care for sports much in HS except Redskins v Cowboys (I went to HS in DC)

get to college in NYC and I was broke one weekend so I stayed in the room with my roommate who was a big football fan (Tenn Volunteers) he said let’s watch a game and it was 2003 a rainy game at the Doak...I watched as this number 26 did some inhuman things...I was like I wanna watch next week to see this again, I did. Just like I’ve done **** near every week, every year for college football. Sean is the reason I watched and still is. He’s why I love the Canes to this day!!

Advertisement
never forget baseball GIF

Canes fan since 88.

First Cane game - Miami at Penn St 1992 - Canes W.

First Canes game at the OB - 2004 vs Semenholes. Frank Gore wins the game in OT with TD run. First year I had season tickets.
My man, that was my first game too! Had a blocked kick and State Penn's kicker missed two IIRC. My uncle was/is a huge PSU homer and was able to get me on the field before the game to meet Gino.

Advertisement
Same here. Will be 41 Jan 21st, fan since '83. I remember watching in my grandmother's (RIP) living room.
Amen brother. I’ll be 41 in March and remember it like it was yesterday. Like I said it’s literally my first memory of a football game. And what a memory it is! My only fear is it sadly might all be memories now but I am grateful for them all and I still have a little hope that their will be more. Even if everyone I know tells me it’s over and I’m hanging on to tight.

Advertisement
Back