Herbstreit on Michael Jackson

Advertisement
It's called coaching folks. And not just the head coach, proper assistance who know wtf they are doing. Looking back it was criminal Golden got nearly 5 years.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Its a true statement though. No hyperbole.

He doesn't really get beat and he's an SEC type corner with the way he tackles everything in front of him. He's having an excellent season.
What? No he's a Miami type CB. The SEC copied everything we already did while we were down. They can wish.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
The kid does everything out there and has been incredibly reliable. He looks like a first round pick.

Agree with most everything that's been posted so far. So, the question becomes, does he stick around for his senior season? Or does he bolt with RJ and possibly Kendrick?

Advertisement
He might be playing his way into a 3 and done player.....
Wow [TWEET]927116576159092736[/TWEET]
Big time play right here....

He might be playing his way into a 3 and done player.....
Wow [TWEET]927116576159092736[/TWEET]
Big time play right here....

His stock's rising, but I don't think he'll leave after this year. This is his first year of consistent film that scouts can look at. The previous two years he hasn't done much. Next year though, he'll be on watch lists and have more pro scouts eyes on him.

Advertisement
Rumph may not be the best recruiter but he won't have to recruit because his resume of developing guys will end up speaking for itself.

I know a lot of us ****ted on his recruiting skills but you are so right on this. The resume he is building what kid with NFL aspirations would want to pass up an opportunity to work with him.

A few months ago who would have ever thought you'd hear an announcer utter these words:

"Michael Jackson is one of the best cornerbacks in the country."
"How did Alabama let Michael Jackson get out of the state?"

Both said by Herbstreit tonight. Amazing the season this guy is having.

There were a few us on here who believed that our staff could do this for the kid. Kid looks like a man out there. Anyone remember the transformation of Corn. I just feel bad for those tru cane players that came thru here with those last three clowns as coach! But Mike is a man out there.

I’m going to say something crazy, but the film he is putting out there with his ability to track the ball in the air, and the plays on the edge he can make, he might go 1st round.

I posted a play where he made an interception against Syracuse and called it our best play on defense all year- and it still is- but tonight he made an NFL play without problem.

It’s not easy to be confident enough with the ball in the air to be hands off, jump at the right time, stayed glued. He is doing it all.

I try not to post hyperbole, because that stuff is forever on the internet, but this kids growth is epic. Find me a CB you’d rather have.

Alabama has a kid that’s gone from walk-on to All-American, so his growth is crazy as well, but Jackson is a kid you can find dozens of posts wanting him to transfer out and he stuck with it and is balling out.

Couldn’t be happier for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Not to mention Bandy and Malek Young as well.

The DB’s coaches should be getting endless praise from our fan base and large raises from our administration.

That’s how you win consistently in college football; elite assistant coaches who can evaluate and develop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People doubted Rumph's coaching ability but the guy was an all-time great Miami CB that wasn't the quickest or the most athletic.

He dominated through technique and now we're lucky he's teaching this new generation.

Pay him + Banda.

It's to the point now with the level he's playing at... that we should probably be worried that he might go to the NFL early. Our secondary might be one of the best in the country returning everyone and adding the pieces we're adding

Our production out of the defensive backs has gotten exponentially better once Delaney went down with an injury and we were forced to run with Jackson, Young, and Bandy full time for extended periods. Dean shouldn't even see the field right now...thats how far behind he looks in comparison. Jackson, Young, and Bandy play with some swagger that the other two simply lack and it shows on the field. They beat WRs up, too. Play physical football and their technique is so good, they aren't getting called for PI very often.

The physical nature of this Diaz defense can not be understated and it extends to the DBs.

Advertisement
Back