Herbstreit doesnt think NFL or College will be played this year.....

Advertisement
The NCAA is considering a shortened season with some minor rule changes: mandatory spread offenses, players must wear gloves and masks, no tackling, blocking or touching, no huddles, sideline social distancing, and no more than 10 players in the locker room at a time.
So the Pro Bowl?

Why would anyone think there would be football? Social distancing is to not overwhelm the medical system so we can save lives, not to stop the virus. A total lockdown just resets the clock. If we go back to normal after that then we are 60 days away from another global pandemic.

Why would anyone think there would be football? Social distancing is to not overwhelm the medical system so we can save lives, not to stop the virus. A total lockdown just resets the clock. If we go back to normal after that then we are 60 days away from another global pandemic.

Pretty much. But the other side of this is by the fall there will be unimaginable pressure to ramp up the economy. By being totally unprepared, America is now truly stuck between a rock and a hard place. There is literally no right answer.

Hence the 50/50 chance we play football this fall.

Advertisement
The NCAA is considering a shortened season with some minor rule changes: mandatory spread offenses, players must wear gloves and masks, no tackling, blocking or touching, no huddles, sideline social distancing, and no more than 10 players in the locker room at a time.
The only thing that really changes is the spread offense 😂😂. You can make a tackle without the ref throwing a flag 😂😂

I've asked this question here before, but if there is no NFL season, how the **** do they have the 2021 NFL Draft? Who would be picking when? With no season they'd have to have a lottery or something and then watch the Chiefs get the #1 pick and have Mahomes and Lawrence!
It's possible there's still an abbreviated CFB season while the NFL cancels the 2020 season early on. While it's unlikely, just because one league cancels doesn't mean that the other does as well.

UFC is still running shows even now.

Koreans were running 20,000 tests per day a month age, and yesterday the entire State of Georgia had 5500 tests!

This makes no ******* sense to me. We knew this **** was coming and we didn't ramp up testing and ventilators in January. Our government let us down big time. They knew this was coming.
Here's the question I have...how long does it take to ramp up ventilator production? Is it a one week thing? A three month thing? A one year thing? Do you have to source parts from overseas, or are they made here?

Advertisement
dolphins are gonna win above 8 games this year brah.
If they don't draft a quarterback and Fitzmagic were to go down with injury in Week 1, it's easily possible that they only win 2-4 games this year.

I was always for them using this class to load up on offensive line and construct an offense that was ready for the future QB to run when he arrived. My concern is putting a Tua or Hebert in the same situation that Carr was with the Texans.

Not even flag football?

Advertisement
It's possible there's still an abbreviated CFB season while the NFL cancels the 2020 season early on. While it's unlikely, just because one league cancels doesn't mean that the other does as well.

UFC is still running shows even now.
How would they have a 2021 Draft if the CFB season happened and the NFL season didn’t? It’s a logistical nightmare. Hopefully they both play some sort of season and we don’t need to worry about it.

How would they have a 2021 Draft if the CFB season happened and the NFL season didn’t? It’s a logistical nightmare. Hopefully they both play some sort of season and we don’t need to worry about it.
A few ways I'd imagine:

1) Teams draft in the same position as in 2020. So Cincy ends up with the #1 pick in 2020 and 2021.

2) A lottery draft that is weighted similar to the NBA, based on 2019's finish. Non playoff teams get put into one pool to draft 1 - 16, playoff teams get put into another pool to draft 17 to 32.

3) A complete random lottery

I would imagine they would go with choice #2.

Here's the question I have...how long does it take to ramp up ventilator production? Is it a one week thing? A three month thing? A one year thing? Do you have to source parts from overseas, or are they made here?
Google says 29k are made every year in the United States... So lets just say based off that 290,000 ventilators may have been made. I don't know how much is costs to refurbish them or what.

Advertisement
Someone who reads and understands what flattening the yield curve actually means 🤯 you sir win. Well done 👍

South Korea has a population of 51 million

Georgia 10 million

Do you want to do the math there?
Let’s do the math. S Korea has been running 20,000 per day for at least 30 days. That’s a minimum of 600,000 tests.

georgia has a total of 5500 tests. Not per day, but total.

thats the end of the math lesson.

Advertisement
Back