Herbie will move again

Advertisement
If we were doing Vegas odds on potential matchups I think

Bama, Clemson, OSU, OU, UGA would all be favored over ND.

I think OSU would be a 1-3 point favorite over UGA and I think OU would be a pick vs. UGA.

Bama has been overrated all season due to smashing a lot of bad teams.

Clemson, OSU, OU, UGA can all compete with Bama and have chance to win.

ND has the weakest resume over Ohio St and Oklahoma

Ohio St and Oklahoma would beat ND by double digits. I’m sick of the special rules for ND

I can't stand Oh St but they're a better team than Oklahoma
If Oklahoma gets in, they can save money by leaving their defense at home, it doesn't exist anyway.
At least Ohio state has a good defense
I watched the whole Maryland game. I can't get that out of my head. The Buckeyes couldn't stop anything. Lucky for them that it's in Maryland's DNA to choke that game away.
However, I agree about Oky. But that's easy, the whole B-12 is a defensive disaster.

This Georgia team reminds me alot of our 1990 team. Probably the second best team in the country but they lost 2 games they shouldn't have so they should not get in.

Advertisement
line Notre Dame up against Bama or LSU and see how they do, Vandy took ND down to the wire at ND

You can't play hypotheticals. You play the games for a reason. Losses matter, don't care who it is and who they lost to. UGA would probably be a favorite over ND but you can't just ignore their 2 losses. And I believe ND would beat LSU, on the neutral site right now. Not that impressed with them.

ND's not one of the 4 best teams. But based on resume, they deserve to get in as they play a challenging schedule. You can't say if they played in a conference they wouldn't be undefeated when they played Michigan, Stanford, Pitt, Syracuse, USC, etc...
USC is not a challenge bro. Just a brand name. Pitt..really?
Stamford, no
Cuse also no.
Michigan I’ll give you. But u compare OU schedule this year to ND and OU has them. Don’t fall for the brand names. And playin in a con should matter.

Advertisement
Notre Dame played a legit schedule, also. Some of it is unpredictable year to year. But they went undefeated, playing Michigan, USC, FSU, Northwestern, VT, Syracuse, Stanford and Pitt. They won a lot of close games, but they won them. Not sure what to do about them not playing a conf championship - the rules cmty needs to think about that. IMO a 1 loss Nd team should drop be,ow 1 loss major conf champs every time. But undefeated Nd gets the nod here, no hesitation.

I get that ND needs to get their *** in a conference but how the **** do you put a two loss team over them?
Well one is a 14 point dog the other is 11.5. Say taint got in, seriously doubt it would be that high, Vegas don't give a **** they lay it down. I know committee won't do it, sit an undefeated ND, but its supposed to be the best 4 teams no ? 2 touchdown dog says they ain't that good

USC is not a challenge bro. Just a brand name. Pitt..really?
Stamford, no
Cuse also no.
Michigan I’ll give you. But u compare OU schedule this year to ND and OU has them. Don’t fall for the brand names. And playin in a con should matter.

You said Power 5 schedules and that ND wouldn't be undefeated if they had a conference schedule. Pitt won our division (even though they weren't great). Syracuse is actually a top 25 team. Stanford went 8-4. Not a great team, but certainly not awful.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A team should never get in if they don’t win their own conference. No exceptions. It should be a bright-line rule.

If that rule existed, then this weekend would be the first round of the 8-team playoff the dummies want so bad.
there are 5 major conferences, that doesnt work. I think conference champs should be in then three at large. can't simultaneously make the conference championship more important than it is without there being a reward for it. at least not without an established conference tier model with inter conference play every year, and even then you wouldnt want a 11-1 pac looking in at a 10-2 anyone else, or worse a conference no longer caring because it has been ruled out due to tie breakers earlier in the year. And it gets even more complicated if you allow a team without a conference to claim a spot.

It must go to 8 if the conference championships are weighted more significantly than they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t understand why they couldn’t have just kept the BCS model and incorporated the playoff system into that

Not that the BCS model was perfect, but the CFP is too subjective

No matter how hard you try to stay unbiased, your bias will still show

Danny Kanell, as annoying as he is, actually has it right...expand it

You said Power 5 schedules and that ND wouldn't be undefeated if they had a conference schedule. Pitt won our division (even though they weren't great). Syracuse is actually a top 25 team. Stanford went 8-4. Not a great team, but certainly not awful.
I said if they played in a annual conference

If we were doing Vegas odds on potential matchups I think

Bama, Clemson, OSU, OU, UGA would all be favored over ND.

I think OSU would be a 1-3 point favorite over UGA and I think OU would be a pick vs. UGA.

Bama has been overrated all season due to smashing a lot of bad teams.

Clemson, OSU, OU, UGA can all compete with Bama and have chance to win.

Odds don’t matter. What happens on the field matters. You lose two games, you should be out!

Advertisement
Back