Herbie will move again

Zero chance that happens.

Oklahoma is in, Georgia is out. Especially after that massive choke job they had tonight.

NO WAY committee can choose Georgia with TWO losses once again vaulting TWO SEC teams into the playoffs. Decision is a simple one for them even if Kirk H is out on the ledge ready to jump screaming about the 4 best teams...according to who? Him? And then there's Kirby Smartass whining on the wrap up show about how they should get in....very unprofessional. Got blown out by LSU LOL

Advertisement
**** Kirk H's opinion on who should get in. No way a two loss team should get in over a one loss conference championship team. LOL @ the idea of BAMA playing Georgia three times, and the media forcing us to watch it because if their SEC bias. FOOH.

Losing by 30 to Purdue will do that.

Oklahoma avenges their only loss (by 3 on a neutral site)...its just a better resume.

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Oklahoma
5. Ohio State
6. Georgia

Georgia v. Texas in the Sugar Bowl
Ohio State v. Washington in the Rose Bowl
Those are some fun games right there

The winner of the sec championship was playing for a spot so Bama is in and uga out.
Clemson is in.
Notre Dame is in.
The top 3 are undefeated so there shouldn’t be any conversation on them. The conversation is who will be #4.
I say Oklahoma, their only loss was by a few points to Texas who they later played in the conference championship and won by double digits.
Ohio state won their conference championship but got bent over by unranked Purdue.
They’re both 1 loss teams but which loss is worse?

If they can’t make up their minds on them then **** it just put UCF in so they can finally get their chance and blow it or shock the cfb world.

The blueprint is there in the NFL - the top 4 P5 conference winners (which gives you a little leeway to give one place 'on merit') make up the 4 playoff teams.

None of this "well Georgia are in the toughest conference in America and UCF are undefeated". Win your ******* title game / play in a relevant conference or shut the **** up.

Alas that's too sensible and it's all about the money, so they'll convene these panels to determine playoff contenders every year.

Advertisement
The winner of the sec championship was playing for a spot so Bama is in and uga out.
Clemson is in.
Notre Dame is in.
The top 3 are undefeated so there shouldn’t be any conversation on them. The conversation is who will be #4.
I say Oklahoma, their only loss was by a few points to Texas who they later played in the conference championship and won by double digits.
Ohio state won their conference championship but got bent over by unranked Purdue.
They’re both 1 loss teams but which loss is worse?

If they can’t make up their minds on them then **** it just put UCF in so they can finally get their chance and blow it or shock the cfb world.
If UGA would have won, than two sec teams would be in the playoff, period

Personally I think UGA and Clemson just match up well against Bama..but that doesn’t mean OU couldn’t beat either one with they own style. Me personally
1.bama
4. OU
2.clemson
3. Ohio st

It’s the eye test for me. ND is not better than those teams imo. And if they played in a con would not be undefeated

ND's not one of the 4 best teams. But based on resume, they deserve to get in as they play a challenging schedule. You can't say if they played in a conference they wouldn't be undefeated when they played Michigan, Stanford, Pitt, Syracuse, USC, etc...

Advertisement
All of this eye test talk is a bunch of bull****. Sure uga played Bama tough, but just because they played them tough doesn't mean they are clearly one of the four best teams in the nation. To get in over a one loss conference champ OU team, it needs to be clear. Sorry but it ain't.

SEC Championship game...and all championship games should be defacto playoff games anyway. Want to expand to 8-teams? No need. Conference Championship Games already take care of this for you...unless, of course...you concoct some nonsense that make the results of them obsolete. "Eyetest" "the better team" and "strength of schedule" are some manufactured nonsense that do nothing but dismiss the results of the games that are played.

It was amazing hearing David Pollack talk about UGA's schedule where he said UGA had to play the #1 (Bama), #9 (UF who's overrated) and #10 (LSU) ranked teams. Where the only team they beat is UF, who's overrated.

The SEC should cancel the championship game. This would guarantee that two SEC teams get in. Look at ND's schedule, they do not schedule SEC teams.

Here is what I think will happen:
1) Alabama - SEC Champ - undefeated
2) Clemson - ACC Champ - undefeated
3) Oklahoma - BIG Champ - 1 loss (avenged)
4) Notre Dame - Undefeated

The problem I have it is I do not believe it represents the top 4 teams in the country.

Here is who I think are the 4 best teams (in order)

1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Georgia
4) Ohio State

Oklahoma IMO is better than Ohio State.

Advertisement
South Carolina, Florida, Kentucky, and Auburn are all ranked. Those teams would rank 2 - 5 in the ACC and if UGA was in the ACC then 2 - 6. We almost lost to BC with the greatest team of all time. UGA had a bad game against LSU and almost beat the second greatest team of all time.

Don't let anyone ever tell you that you push the SEC narrative too much.

Losing by 30 to Purdue will do that.

Oklahoma avenges their only loss (by 3 on a neutral site)...its just a better resume.

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Oklahoma
5. Ohio State
6. Georgia

Georgia v. Texas in the Sugar Bowl
Ohio State v. Washington in the Rose Bowl
Georgia gonna run Texas out of New Orleans.

Advertisement
I was thinking UGA should get in after their game but then OSU won by 3 TDs..... and my mind was changed.

I think Bama, Clem, Okla are in

The fourth spot is a Battle between OSU and ND.... .. and I think OSU would be favored in a neutral site vs. ND.

ND schedule wasn't great and the common opponent with OSU was Michigan in which OSU blew the doors off late in the year and ND only won by 3 very early..

I think ND gets left out..... and all **** break loose.....

One can dream can't he...

JC

Supposed to be 4 best teams and Georgia better than Notre Dame, whom Vandy took to the wire at ND

Going unbeaten has to mean something tho. Who says UGA is better with 2 losses, one of them a blowout. You have to prove that you're better on the field and not just on paper.

Going unbeaten has to mean something tho. Who says UGA is better with 2 losses, one of them a blowout. You have to prove that you're better on the field and not just on paper.
line Notre Dame up against Bama or LSU and see how they do, Vandy took ND down to the wire at ND

Advertisement
Back