BentSteelCane

Recruit
Premium
He just said
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. UGA
4. ND

Then went on to say - "I don't get caught up in conf champs - I get caught up in who's best". Taint nation believes they should be in the 4 spot conversation, so this is sure to bring the "burn Herbstreit" pitchforks out.

Advertisement
I get that ND needs to get their *** in a conference but how the **** do you put a two loss team over them?

Two-loss non-conference winner isn't getting in over a one-loss conference champ.

I do agree Georgia is better than Oklahoma or Ohio State, but they won't get in over either of those teams.

I don't disagree - but the committee has to decide what they want: it's either the best teams or conf champs. End of the day - we'll end up with an 8 team playoff sooner than later.

Advertisement
Two-loss non-conference winner isn't getting in over a one-loss conference champ.

I do agree Georgia is better than Oklahoma or Ohio State, but they won't get in over either of those teams.
They better not, what do teams even play games for if the sec is just going to get the benefit of the doubt regardless?

Uga is a 2 loss team, they wouldn’t have 2 losses if they were one of the 4 best teams, it’s simple imo

Advertisement
They better not, what do teams even play games for if the sec is just going to get the benefit of the doubt regardless?

Uga is a 2 loss team, they wouldn’t have 2 losses if they were one of the 4 best teams, it’s simple imo

At some point, games and wins need to matter. Eyetest is overrated. Strength of schedule is now the most overrated metric in team evaluation and is manufactured.

They've already told the G5 that what they do doesn't matter. Might as well be a different sub-division of D1 at this point.

If you let in Georgia or any team of a similar resume, might as well just make the CFP an SEC only invitational tournament.

He just said
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. UGA
4. ND

Then went on to say - "I don't get caught up in conf champs - I get caught up in who's best". Taint nation believes they should be in the 4 spot conversation, so this is sure to bring the "burn Herbstreit" pitchforks out.

OSU left out again...lol

Personally I think UGA and Clemson just match up well against Bama..but that doesn’t mean OU couldn’t beat either one with they own style. Me personally
1.bama
4. OU
2.clemson
3. Ohio st

It’s the eye test for me. ND is not better than those teams imo. And if they played in a con would not be undefeated

Advertisement
0% chance UGa is in the cfb playoff...

Bama
Clemson
Notre Dame
Ohio State or Oklahoma

We have to deal with Bama and ND being in the playoff. Not tOSU too. I don't need another reason to drink....Maybe we do need to go to the Tampax Bowl. Maybe it will stop the bleeding. It's depressing being us at times.

Advertisement
These morons who talk about "the best teams" as a justification for their choice are just concocting an excuse to put in the teams that fit their agenda, in this case the SEC. The whole point of playing it off is to FIND OUT who is best. And we've already played it off between Alabama and Georgia. To argue that we know that UGA is better than the other 2 is just BS. They don't know any such thing.

Advertisement
Back