Herbie will move again

Advertisement
SEC Championship game...and all championship games should be defacto playoff games anyway. Want to expand to 8-teams? No need. Conference Championship Games already take care of this for you...unless, of course...you concoct some nonsense that make the results of them obsolete. "Eyetest" "the better team" and "strength of schedule" are some manufactured nonsense that do nothing but dismiss the results of the games that are played.
No man..in no way should a 8-4 NW or 7-5 PITT even have a glimpse of a chance to get in the playoff. Unless you get rid of divisions within con and make it a round Robbin were every plays everyone

Only issue with Oklahoma is that they were in dog fights ALL YEAR because of that defense.

Iowa State
Army
First Texas game
Texas Tech
Oklahoma State
West Virginia
they even allowed Kansas to stay within two scores of them

Oklahoma really isn't all that great, but here we are.

Some solid teams in there though. Most are ranked, even Army.

“Best teams” would have UCF in over Notre Dame. And OU, UGA, and Ohio State over both of them.

It’s a TV contract. Entertainment purposes only.

Advertisement
**** outta here with Georgia .... they only have two top 20 wins and got blown the **** out by LSU, have two losses and didn’t win their conference

In yesteryear, college fans debated who was #1 and #2.

Today, we debate whos #3 and #4.

I'm so glad the CFP have eliminated controversy.

P.S., A two loss team that didnt win their conference should never be in the discussion. You had your chance, imo

A team should never get in if they don’t win their own conference. No exceptions. It should be a bright-line rule.

If that rule existed, then this weekend would be the first round of the 8-team playoff the dummies want so bad.

Only two types of people care about “bright line rules”:

1. Filipino ladyboys.
2. Contract attorneys.

need to remember it is an invitational type tournament
depends on picking a group of teams that can generate the most viewers.
that leaves the SEC at a disadvantage for 2 teams although Kirbys crew could beat OSU & OU sooners
and Domers..... Clemson would be a great game

Advertisement
A team should never get in if they don’t win their own conference. No exceptions. It should be a bright-line rule.

If that rule existed, then this weekend would be the first round of the 8-team playoff the dummies want so bad.

This.

I am curious to see how the playoffs have affected ND’s thinking. Not being in a conference championship is a big disadvantage for them. Imagine if they were a 1 loss team who’s 1 loss is to a bad USC, Pitt or WF team. I don’t see them getting in playoffs. ACC is expanding so I’m curious if they will reconsider it.

The SEC should cancel the championship game. This would guarantee that two SEC teams get in. Look at ND's schedule, they do not schedule SEC teams.

Here is what I think will happen:
1) Alabama - SEC Champ - undefeated
2) Clemson - ACC Champ - undefeated
3) Oklahoma - BIG Champ - 1 loss (avenged)
4) Notre Dame - Undefeated

The problem I have it is I do not believe it represents the top 4 teams in the country.

Here is who I think are the 4 best teams (in order)

1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Georgia
4) Ohio State

Should we do that in basketball and baseball? Last year Alabama and Georgia were the two best teams in the country. In your scenario 1 would play 2 the first round. Why not cancel the conference championship games and have a 8 team tournament?

The SEC should cancel the championship game. This would guarantee that two SEC teams get in. Look at ND's schedule, they do not schedule SEC teams.

The problem I have it is I do not believe it represents the top 4 teams in the country.

1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Georgia
4) Ohio State

Georgia best win is Florida on a neutral field? You guys are crazy because Georgia plays well against Bama. Got smoked showed against an LSU team who struggles on O. Get off the SEC title game high and Georgia doesn’t deserve it.

Advertisement
Bama and Clemson and ND are no. Nfw they leave undefeated major teams out.

Oklahoma gets it over OSU because they avenged their one loss, and didn’t get *** ****ed by Purdue.

Ohio State got the nod over PSU a couple years back. They shouldn’t get the nod over Oklahoma this year.

If UGA gets in, the other conferences need to get together and replace the SEC power structure. Can’t happen. Can’t have 2 loss SEC non-champ over 1 loss major conf champ.

Georgia best win is Florida on a neutral field? You guys are crazy because Georgia plays well against Bama. Got smoked showed against an LSU team who struggles on O. Get off the SEC title game high and Georgia doesn’t deserve it.

South Carolina, Florida, Kentucky, and Auburn are all ranked. Those teams would rank 2 - 5 in the ACC and if UGA was in the ACC then 2 - 6. We almost lost to BC with the greatest team of all time. UGA had a bad game against LSU and almost beat the second greatest team of all time.

1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Georgia
4) Ohio State

Is Jawja one of the best 4 teams in the nation? Yeah they have the talent

But in a defacto win and your in they lost! This was essentially a wildcard game to move on to the next round and they don’t deserve to be in the discussion

Advertisement

My version of this is a team should not be eligible if it doesn’t play for its conference title. If Alabama had lost to UGA, I wouldn’t have minded them getting picked with one loss over Oklahoma. But I did not like them getting in when they missed out on the SEC title game recently.

Not playing on championship Sat. Should count as half a loss, IMO. Looking at you, ND.

I think Georgia gets in.

Way too much money in a Bama-Georgia rematch.
Best game of the day first game bama played into the 4th qtr.committee has to get the best matchup as well.think if cfu qb doesn't get hurt like to see committee give them a chance .4th place has to play bama which of the 3 would be a better matchup.ou,osu or cfu .ou osu and cfu have the offense but which one has the better defense.

Notre Dame, according to teamrankings has a SOS of 28th, which behind every other team in the CFB running by at least 10 spots.

Working independent, Notre Dame should be on par with the G5.

Ohio State is 10th. Ohio State has a very bad L on their resume...but they are a conference champion. Notre Dame with 0 losses, but 0 ships.

Advertisement
Back