Herb Waters

Category5Hurricane

Deejays Ace
Been saying since before the season got started that I felt like Herb would turn into our #1 consistent go to man, just like Hurns was. I was disappointed to see we weren't utilizing his talents the first few games, but it finally came together against Duke. As much as I love a deep strike to Dorsett we still need to be able to get those 1st downs and eat up the clock. 3rd downs should be all Herb, Berrios, and Warlord when we pass. I just hope we consistently play Herb from the get for the rest of the games.

Advertisement
Herb is a beast - I like that we're feeding him the ball more. One of the things I really like so far this year is the mix of offensive targets. In terms of catch/receiving yard leaders:

Walford - 17/229
Waters - 15/193
Berrios - 15/156
Lewis - 14/104
Dorsett - 10/332 (33.2 avg - ****!)
Duke - 10/119

Nice to see a TE leading the way, multiple WRs with double-digit catches, and Duke Johnson in the top-6 for receptions - should be even higher, IMO.

Kaaya really does a good job spreading the ball around. Very encouraging.
Herb is a beast - I like that we're feeding him the ball more. One of the things I really like so far this year is the mix of offensive targets. In terms of catch/receiving yard leaders:

Walford - 17/229
Waters - 15/193
Berrios - 15/156
Lewis - 14/104
Duke - 10/119

Nice to see a TE leading the way, multiple WRs with double-digit catches, and Duke Johnson in the top-6 for receptions - should be even higher, IMO.

I think he's one of those guys that has a solid career here but could blow up in the NFL. I also think Walford is the 2nd Cane in the draft next year, after Perryman.

Advertisement

Walford - 17/229
Waters - 15/193
Berrios - 15/156
Lewis - 14/104
Duke - 10/119

Getting Duke and Yearby out in open space is a recipe for success. Although, Duke basically creates his own space with his cutting abilities, and then always garners extra yardage with his toughness.

I like Herb but I think we will see a different receiver emerge from week to week, much like we have already seen. Kaaya is still learning these guys and there's only one ball for a lot of talent. I expect to see a mismatch exploited rather than a particular receiver targeted, other than Berrios because of their chemistry

I think he's one of those guys that has a solid career here but could blow up in the NFL. I also think Walford is the 2nd Cane in the draft next year, after Perryman.

Walford getting picked ahead of Duke and Flowers? Go get a brain scan stat.

Would anyone have wagered that Coley wouldn't be in the top 6 in receptions before the season started?

Advertisement
I like Herb but I think we will see a different receiver emerge from week to week, much like we have already seen. Kaaya is still learning these guys and there's only one ball for a lot of talent. I expect to see a mismatch exploited rather than a particular receiver targeted, other than Berrios because of their chemistry

Agreed. also while on the subject of the receiving core does anyone have word on when Scott will be back from his injury? That just adds another weapon if he gets healthy.

Would anyone have wagered that Coley wouldn't be in the top 6 in receptions before the season started?

Not at all. He has way too much talent. Kid just needs to believe in himself, and not second guess that talent. I was there for the Duke game...my seats were right behind the end zone row 8 so from what I saw was that he ST's blocking wasn't there, but he was still trying to make plays. The drop on the long ball was before the rain so that hurt pretty bad.

Sophomore slump....

They have a name for it im not surprised just hoping he can rebound with a late finish and continue to develop

Advertisement
If Coley isn't careful he's going to get left behind because our other WRs are playing well. Brady and Jones are stealing snaps. Scott hasn't played. Hopefully he's been humbled and turns it on. I think he will. Until he does, keep feeding it to Waters, Berrios, Lewis, Dorsett, Walford, Duke.

What are we gonna do with scott when he finally gets healthy again?

Ariz mentioned that he was going to redshirt.

Next year's WRs would be:

Scott sr
Walters sr
Lewis jr
Jones jr
Coley jr
Berrios so
Brady so
Langham fr

TE/HB:

odonnell jr
dobard jr
herndon so
njoku fr

That's pretty nasty

Advertisement
The new staff next year will have a lot to work with.

What are we gonna do with scott when he finally gets healthy again?

Ariz mentioned that he was going to redshirt.

Next year's WRs would be:

Scott sr
Walters sr
Lewis jr
Jones jr
Coley jr
Berrios so
Brady so
Langham fr

TE/HB:

odonnell jr
dobard jr
herndon so
njoku fr

That's pretty nasty

I don't understand why the put Jones or Brady out there. When they do its going to be a run or WR screen. Dorsett, Money Malc, Herb, Brax, and Coley is our 5 and it should be kept that way (barring injury)

If Coley isn't careful he's going to get left behind because our other WRs are playing well. Brady and Jones are stealing snaps. Scott hasn't played. Hopefully he's been humbled and turns it on. I think he will. Until he does, keep feeding it to Waters, Berrios, Lewis, Dorsett, Walford, Duke.

Walford getting picked ahead of Duke and Flowers? Go get a brain scan stat.

First why does Duke leave this year? He is having an above average year but nothing great(not saying its his fault due to play calling and horrible O line blocking) Second Duke is maybe a 3rd round pick at best and I think more of 4-5 round pick more due to NFL is a passing league and what team besides the raiders is going to use a high pick for a situational RB?

Advertisement
Back