Herb Waters

People also sleeping on how much better M Lewis is looking week to week. He also has the potential to be a #1

Advertisement
I think he's one of those guys that has a solid career here but could blow up in the NFL. I also think Walford is the 2nd Cane in the draft next year, after Perryman.

Walford getting picked ahead of Duke and Flowers? Go get a brain scan stat.

First why does Duke leave this year? He is having an above average year but nothing great(not saying its his fault due to play calling and horrible O line blocking) Second Duke is maybe a 3rd round pick at best and I think more of 4-5 round pick more due to NFL is a passing league and what team besides the raiders is going to use a high pick for a situational RB?

Theres no upside for Duke staying another year. He does not need to get hurt again and he basically has until 30 to make money at running back. I think coaches should put him at punt return to help his stock for the draft. Not kick return tho.

Herb is a beast - I like that we're feeding him the ball more. One of the things I really like so far this year is the mix of offensive targets. In terms of catch/receiving yard leaders:

Walford - 17/229
Waters - 15/193
Berrios - 15/156
Lewis - 14/104
Dorsett - 10/332 (33.2 avg - ****!)
Duke - 10/119

Nice to see a TE leading the way, multiple WRs with double-digit catches, and Duke Johnson in the top-6 for receptions - should be even higher, IMO.

And to think our best receiver is not even on that list. We should not be conservative at all!!! make teams respect what we have an exploit the crap out of it.

Stacey Coley's upside is by far great. He is a 1st round talent. Shame he is struggling

Advertisement
I don't understand why the put Jones or Brady out there. When they do its going to be a run or WR screen. Dorsett, Money Malc, Herb, Brax, and Coley is our 5 and it should be kept that way (barring injury)

If Coley isn't careful he's going to get left behind because our other WRs are playing well. Brady and Jones are stealing snaps. Scott hasn't played. Hopefully he's been humbled and turns it on. I think he will. Until he does, keep feeding it to Waters, Berrios, Lewis, Dorsett, Walford, Duke.

Because our OC still telegraphs the **** out of his plays based on personnel. Was anyone at all surprised that Cash almost killed Coley on the first bubble screen. It's 3rd and 2 from the 12 yard line and you have trips formation with Brady, Jones, and Coley. No Walford, Berios, Waters, or Lewis on the field on a critical 3rd down in the redzone. Just Dorsett (who isn't out running anyone from the 12), Stacy, and two kids that have 1 combined catch between them.

I think he's one of those guys that has a solid career here but could blow up in the NFL. I also think Walford is the 2nd Cane in the draft next year, after Perryman.

A pass catching TE is a lot harder to find than a RB these days. I love Duke but it's a passing league now. RBs don't go as high as they used to and there are a handful of RBs that will probably go before Duke. I don't think there are a handful of TEs that go before Walford.

Flowers could definitely get picked before Walford but I think he stays all 4 years.

So yeah, I think it's pretty logical to see Walford being the second Cane taken next year.

Advertisement
People also sleeping on how much better M Lewis is looking week to week. He also has the potential to be a #1

No one is sleeping on anyone. I simply stated that Herb has potential to do great things and hope the coaches use him a lot more, which they did not the first few games. Malcolm is a **** of a slot receiver, but that's as far as it goes. Injuries suck.

I don't understand why the put Jones or Brady out there. When they do its going to be a run or WR screen. Dorsett, Money Malc, Herb, Brax, and Coley is our 5 and it should be kept that way (barring injury)

If Coley isn't careful he's going to get left behind because our other WRs are playing well. Brady and Jones are stealing snaps. Scott hasn't played. Hopefully he's been humbled and turns it on. I think he will. Until he does, keep feeding it to Waters, Berrios, Lewis, Dorsett, Walford, Duke.

Whenever Gus is in it's a handoff.

Herb is a beast - I like that we're feeding him the ball more. One of the things I really like so far this year is the mix of offensive targets. In terms of catch/receiving yard leaders:

Walford - 17/229
Waters - 15/193
Berrios - 15/156
Lewis - 14/104
Dorsett - 10/332 (33.2 avg - ****!)
Duke - 10/119

Nice to see a TE leading the way, multiple WRs with double-digit catches, and Duke Johnson in the top-6 for receptions - should be even higher, IMO.

And to think our best receiver is not even on that list. We should not be conservative at all!!! make teams respect what we have an exploit the crap out of it.

Playing smart is not playing conservative. When you move the chains it causes teams to respect you, then you can strike with the bombs, and give the defense some rest. Problem with fast scores is it wears down the defense throughout the season. This was obvious last year, which also exposed our lack of depth on D. This year we have more depth, but we aren't there yet and need to convert more on 3rd down when we are on offense,

Advertisement

First why does Duke leave this year? He is having an above average year but nothing great(not saying its his fault due to play calling and horrible O line blocking) Second Duke is maybe a 3rd round pick at best and I think more of 4-5 round pick more due to NFL is a passing league and what team besides the raiders is going to use a high pick for a situational RB?

Duke is having a great year and hasn't been given so many carries yet either. Duke been rated for underclass men RBs anywhere from 2nd to 4th. Duke will easily go into the second round at worst due to ability to run, catch, block. And just pure alone, speed and ability too. Only thing that would hold him back from coming into the first round is the nfl devaluing RBs and his size. Duke is great. Not a freak like Gurley but he's a great player.

I feel he is underused here. ****es me off.

I mean the dude was on pace for over 2400 all purpose yards last season.

We havnt even got into the heart of our conference schedule yet. He's gonna break some records this year.

Last edited:
Also I'll add. Coley, Dorsett, Waters, Lewis and Berrios all have the ability to be that go to guy.

Duke is having a great year and hasn't been given so many carries yet either. Duke been rated for underclass men RBs anywhere from 2nd to 4th. Duke will easily go into the second round at worst due to ability to run, catch, block. And just pure alone, speed and ability too. Only thing that would hold him back from coming into the first round is the nfl devaluing RBs and his size. Duke is great. Not a freak like Gurley but he's a great player.

I feel he is underused here. ****es me off.

I mean the dude was on pace for over 2400 all purpose yards last season.

We havnt even got into the heart of our conference schedule yet. He's gonna break some records this year.

I have him 3rd behind Gurley and Abdullah.

Advertisement
The way most of you guys feel about D'onofrio is how I feel about James Coley. The guy is as bad as you can get as a OC from a football standpoint. The production we see on the field is almost solely because of the talent we have on offense imo. This is my favorite group of WRs in a while and specifically Waters. I think he's gunna be a real nice player once he gets into the NFL

LOL

Advertisement
Back