Herb Water possibly hinting to Ermon Lane

TheUnuffSAID

GreenTree All-American
all 24/7 tibits and noticed a quick change in opinions in our favor hopefully those opinions can keep heading in that direction. I really want to land this kid.

Ermon tallking about him & Herbs realationship
(prior to UM offer) Lane said. “I don’t know anything about recruiting but Herb Waters told me how it works,” Lane said. “I’m real close friends with him. He said to stay calm and go on all the visits that the schools offer me. The recruiters from all the different colleges will come find me.”

Lane said. “Herb (Waters) found out about the offer and he wants me to come with him. Only time will tell if that’s what I’m going to do.”

Herb Waters. "I wanted to keep our tradition of going to Miami so I hope someone else can continue that coming up behind me.” ^^^^

Ermon's change in opinions
(prior to UM offer) “Miami is a good school that I like but they’re not really up with my top interests,” Lane said. “It’s too close to home so that’s why. I want to get away a little bit and have a chance to experience some new thing.”

on 6/9(after UM offer & after camping) “I feel better about Miami now, I think that they’re up there,” Lane said. “It’s them, Alabama, and Florida State.”

:neonu:

Advertisement
Advertisement
How come a lot of the Miami studs want to "get away and see something new" but local studs in bama or Ohio or CA are locks to stay home?

In part because we have not had meaningful success since they were about 8 years old. I could be wrong, but I think too in states like Alabama, Louisiana, Ohio, and Texas there is a LOT of pressure for kids to go to the big in-state state school.

How come a lot of the Miami studs want to "get away and see something new" but local studs in bama or Ohio or CA are locks to stay home?

In part because we have not had meaningful success since they were about 8 years old. I could be wrong, but I think too in states like Alabama, Louisiana, Ohio, and Texas there is a LOT of pressure for kids to go to the big in-state state school.

Yeah and it goes back to the forward recruiting (does that even make sense?). We have to work extra hard to keep these guys at home and we haven't been getting on these guys early/hard enough the last 5+ years. It's slowly been killing us, but we are getting it back.

Advertisement
Yes JHallCanes that makes perfect sense. It's why I love what Golden is doing with the camps with our players and coaches in the community. My six year old would walk to Miami for that opportunity if we'd let him, and we live in MD!

Yeah and it goes back to the forward recruiting (does that even make sense?). We have to work extra hard to keep these guys at home and we haven't been getting on these guys early/hard enough the last 5+ years. It's slowly been killing us, but we are getting it back.

When we start winning then they will want 2 stay home... just a matter of time another year or 2!

herbermon.jpg

Advertisement

You're equating a county with a state. A Dade kid going to FSU is getting away just as a kid from Cleveland going to OSU is getting away.

An while we don't keep everyone, this program has made a lifelong living on local talent. We do well here. Bama and OSU lose kids too. FSU and Bama have been raiding each other pretty good lately. And Michigan gets some top OH kids as does ND, USC, etc.

Advertisement
Yeah, you're all right. I just get sick of it. I want us to win again so badly.

Yeah there's just no room to take a breather for us and our last few staffs did that too much. If we slip a little bit there's 20 other schools with a lot to offer ready to scoop up these guys.

More than anything, kids want to win. We start winning, these kids will stay home.

Advertisement
Back